RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Hobby King

Go down 
+7
pinguin6218
flagmax
Fatdaddy
blackrain0119
kshep
P3tras
Donnie D
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:09 am

Anyone ordered from Hobby King?

Are they OK to buy from?

About how long for shipping?

Looks like they have a good seletion of batterys and want to pick up a couple if 11.1v for my Belt CP V1 and a couple of 18.5v for my E-Smart.

Never tried Zippys, and thought I'd try a couple. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:13 am

I bought almost everything for my e-smart from them orange6 Many people buy from them. I think they are more than OK orange68 Only one problem that it takes long to ship orders (almost a week) They also have warehouse in US. But not too many items in there orange44
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:53 pm

I was just about to ask about Hobby King too! I saw this battery:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6306

Has a ton of great reviews and it pretty cheap. Wondering if it will work with the Belt CP V2. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Keith
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:11 am

It should work orange74 But you will need to solder your own T (deans) connectors on it (probably).
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:52 pm

Cool thanks! If I need to buy some deans connectors where is a good place to get them?

-Keith
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:20 am

kshep wrote:

Has a ton of great reviews and it pretty cheap. Wondering if it will work with the Belt CP V2. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Keith

It should work, no problem. The only thing you might have a problem is when you have the stock esc on you belt cpv2. You should change that to a 30-40 amp esc. you can get one at hobbypartz.com . other than that, you should be good. Beltcpv2 is a sweet bird. goodluck
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:24 am

Donnie D wrote:
Anyone ordered from Hobby King?

Are they OK to buy from?

About how long for shipping?

Looks like they have a good seletion of batterys and want to pick up a couple if 11.1v for my Belt CP V1 and a couple of 18.5v for my E-Smart.

Never tried Zippys, and thought I'd try a couple. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Hey DD , I have ordered at hobbyking 6 times, no problem and they are very good company. I have ordered my servos there, also most of my batteries. Just got my order today, i got the zippy 3s 30c and my turnigy 3s 30c. For the turnigy batteries, it has a bullet connector. If your using a t plug connector, all you have to do is change the bullet connector to a female t plug. On the other hand, it took them 7 days for my order to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:43 am

That's not bad at all. They seem to have about the best battery prices I've seen so far smiley-happy088 . Deal Extreme has good prices too, but they dont have a very large selection and it takes about 2 to 3 weks to get your stuff.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:15 am

yup. good prices and good selections too orange74
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: ME TOO   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 pm

Yea Me Too DD!! I've ordered from them 5-6 times now and there pretty good to deal with!! Slow shippin though!!1 I've had to return a charger I got from them and there has been no problem with that either... But SLOW!!!
Back to top Go down
flagmax

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:51 am

kshep wrote:

Thanks,

-Keith
I have ordered this exact battery from them recently and using it on my Belt V2. What an awesome battery. It came perfectly balanced and already had Dean connector on it. FYI I did upgrade my ESC to 30 Volcano series.
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:32 pm

flagmax wrote:

I have ordered this exact battery from them recently and using it on my Belt V2. What an awesome battery. It came perfectly balanced and already had Dean connector on it. FYI I did upgrade my ESC to 30 Volcano series.

Awesome! Another quick question does the 2200mAh 20C battery fit in the same battery tray as the stock battery, or will I need to figure out another place to mount it?

Thanks!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:28 am

I think it should fit into the stock tray. Even 2650mah mystery battery fitted into tray (but still it is kinda too big) :grinn:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:39 pm

I got my latest package from HobbyCity in under a week, that express shipping is worth the money, IMO, I love buying batteries at HC, but I always make sure there is at least 30 parts in stock before I order something. Quite a few people have had their orders get hung up because of out of stock stuff, so knowing that don't order stuff with low stock and you'll never have problems, the only other thing aout HC is its best to put in large orders to capitalize on shipping, most of my orders to them are around $300
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:03 pm

Just put in an order for some batteries! Can't wait to get them. It's been painful having to wait hours in-between each fly session.

-Keith
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:56 am

if i were you, get the t6 charger at xheli.com. it's way faster and a lot better.
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:58 am

Both the T6 and AC6 are out of stock everywhere I've looked. I'm hoping xHeli gets them in stock soon.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:08 am

you can get a venom pro charger. this is what i have. it can charge a 12 volt battery pack for the field, nicd, pb, mostly all stuff. comes with alligator and dc line. it's very neat, also it comes with balancer

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN-0657
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:35 pm

kshep wrote:
Just put in an order for some batteries! Can't wait to get them. It's been painful having to wait hours in-between each fly session.

Hey K,

I got some 2200 batts for my V2, they are much better. However, just be aware of the extra thickness when you fit them into the battery tray, one of mine was 'nicked' by the main gear. orange53 I obviously pushed it too far back and did not realise. Battery is okay though orange74

Hey, nice hovering by the way. Saw your vid orange74
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:53 am

Good to know about the battery in the tray, and I'm glad you liked the hovering video :grinn:

I just checked xheli. They have the AC6 back in stock. Also, they have a few other new chargers:

Dynam Supermate DC6 DC Multi Function Balance Charger/Discharger 1-6 cell Lilo/LiPo/LiFe, 1 to 15 cells NiCd NiMH $44.95

Supermate DC6 Double Power Universal Balance Charger 1-15 NiCd/NiMH 2-6 Cell Lipo $59.95

No idea how these compare to the AC6. Just thought you guys would want to know they are available again.

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Trinot

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:53 pm

I just ordered from hobby king. I paid for the 3-5 day shipping, I will let you know how long it takes. I did learn something that did NOT make me happy, they double the actual cost of shipping so they are making money off of shipping. Still though, even with shipping it was cheaper than I could get it in the US.
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Just got my order from Hobby King. I paid for the 3-5 express shipping It was really fast. I would have gotten it on friday, but I wasn't present to sign for the package, and then there was a long weekend.

Excited to try out my 2 new Zippy 2200mAh 20C 11.1v batteries on my belt CP2!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:28 pm

they're good batteries. got 2 myself.
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:13 pm

kshep wrote:
Both the T6 and AC6 are out of stock everywhere I've looked. I'm hoping xHeli gets them in stock soon.

in stock here http://www.himodel.com/electric/THUNDER_100-240V_Input_1-6S_5A_Dual_Power_LiPo_LiFe_Balance_Charger_Discharger_AC6.html

HK shipping is good, its there warehouse thats bad........LONG proccessing time,

on some orders it get process within 2 days and other time it wake a week-2week to process, but once leave the warehouse with EMS shipping i get @ my doors within 4 days! so far i havnt had any problems with customs as which that delay will be who knows when you get your package
-pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hobby King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobby King   Hobby King I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hobby King
Page 1 of 1