RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt CP v2 Downgrade

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kiixx

Belt CP v2 Downgrade Empty
PostSubject: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:00 am

Hi Marc,

Nice videos, really good stuff, keep that coming.

I have a question, as i have a hbfp v1, and a belt cp v2, i do believe that i'm not fully ready for the conversion to cp just yet, and i have lots of fun with my fp, but keep hearing that a larger heli will be more seady in air, so since fp can be made to cp so easy. i keep thinking that maybe the Belt CP v2 can be made into a Belt FP v2. so one gets use to the size and weight i mean. and when the time comes ( if ever ) it can be made back to CP again.

Rgds.
Kiixx from Sweden
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:48 am

Hi kiixx
welcome sign to the forum. Belt cp conversion to fp is almost impossible. And it would not be worth it. When you can hover your honey bee fp then you can try your belt cp orange71
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:37 pm

just like P3tras said, if you can hover your HBFP you can do the same with the Belt CP, thing is that the Belt CP is much more powerful so you need to be extra careful but you would be best to practice hovering the Belt CP and work on your forward flight with the HBFP.
Back to top Go down
kiixx

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Okej, thanks for the reply,

Another thing i'm wondering about,

I have a hbk2 with lots of nice alu stuff on it, ( was there when i got it ) and i just tested your advise, and put the v3 in the ground with a broken rotorhead as result, will the alu one from the hbk2 fit the belt v2 ?

//kiixx
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:44 pm

Yes the head should fit on belt cp v2 orange6 But you'll need to use belt cp v1 flybar. And the tail box won't fit orange73
Can someone confirm me?
Back to top Go down
kiixx

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Thx guys, ive already moved the alu head from the king to the belt, and it works fine. it vas only the head that was bashed badly enough to need replacement right away.

now i only have to have another look at the setup, as it keep turning counterclockwise, and i cannot seem to make it steady, could it be the blades, i mean i have extra for the belt, but there were "extreme" blades on the kind head so i kept those, should i replace them with original belt blades ?

//Kiixx
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Conferm!!   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Yes P3 vis right!! You will need to use the main shaft from a belt as the HBK2 is diff. from the Belt's Also the tail will not fit/work!! As for the flybar, the HBK2 will work and it will actually slow down the Belt some!! So for a NOOB that could be a good thing..!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:24 am

The head is turning counter clockwise when you turn on motor? Then you connected motor wrong. Just swap any 2 wires that goes from ESC to the motor
Back to top Go down
kiixx

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi again,

No the motor is turning the correct way, and with enough trottle the heli will lift off, but the then start to turn counterclockwise around it's center.

I never touched the wiring, only swapped the head from the king to the belt, nothing else, only differens that i can think about is that the rotorblades are shorter on the king than on the belt.

//Kiixx
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:59 pm

But you are using belt cp main blades right? Maybe you can upload video of your belt cp. Maybe then we'll know what's wrong
Back to top Go down
kiixx

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:32 pm

P3tras wrote:
But you are using belt cp main blades right? Maybe you can upload video of your belt cp. Maybe then we'll know what's wrong

Hi again P3tras, thats the thing, the screws holding the king blades was pretty good stuck so i use the king blades, could that be the failure as they are shorter than the belt blades, should i change to the belt blades ?

I have the stock 3800 brushless motor in thebelt, but i have a 3100 brushless in the king II, should i take that and will it fit the belt, what i'm looking for is a more beginner frinedly motor, will the 3100 do until i can hover the belt nicely, both in and outdoors, and then change to the 3800 motor ?

//kiixx
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:07 pm

King 2 main blades are too short for belt cp. Install belt cp blades. And I think esky 3100 motor is not very good choice on belt because you will overload it. Better stay with stock (3800) motor. If you want lower RPM turn top left pot clockwise. It will increase pitch orange68
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP v2 Downgrade   Belt CP v2 Downgrade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt CP v2 Downgrade
Page 1 of 1