RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable

Go down 
+3
sdjb
P3tras
SteC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SteC

SteC

Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable Empty
PostSubject: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:12 am

Hi Marc,

I own a Honey Bee FP and a Belt CP v2 and your videos have been excellent and I have learnt loads.

I have a problem with My Honey Bee that nobody can seem to answer and I was wondering with your wealth of experience if you had any ideas.

The FP will lift to about 20 feet for the first minute or so then it gets lower and lower and then its max height is around 6 inches after 2 minutes hovering.

It seems to be when the battery capacity drops below 85% and then it will only throttle up to around 50% throttle then the red light on the 4 in 1 turns on and then the throttle remains at that level.

I have tried some new batteries, a new 4 in 1 and a new motor, I have also tried twisting the blades to give more lift and also tried the Xtreme fibre blades.

The main shaft runs free but was a little rough on the bearings so I have replaced them also.

I honestly cant think of anything else this could be and I would appreciate your advice.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:25 am

Hi,
What batteries are you using? 7.4V or 11.1V Lipo batteries? Or even stock nimh batteries? orange78
Back to top Go down
SteC

SteC

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:01 am

I have 3 of the E Sky 7.4v 800mah 10C LiPo's that have had about 10 charges each.

I have also just bought two Mystery 7.4v 900mah 20C LiPo's.

All the batteries give the same result and I have tried other batteries also.

I seem to have tried everything without sucess.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:18 am

You can try more powerful batteries (11.1V lipo), but I think it might be 4in1 fault
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:10 pm

SteC, sounds to me like you have a bad cell in your batt pack, Need to check it on a batt charger that can tell ya the state of each cell ie what the voltage of each cell, is But I would say that
you have a bad cell.
sdjb
Back to top Go down
SteC

SteC

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:54 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I have already tried a new 4 in 1 and no difference.

I have a Fusion battery checker and all cells are well within limits, plus 5 batteries couldnt all be dud.

Can you use an 11v lipo with the stock motor and 4 in 1?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:39 pm

Before I did any of that, I would go thru the entire head and make sure everything is in proper adjustment, paying special attention to the flybar centering on the head and the flybar paddles being equal distance from the head and adjusted the same relative to each other. This is CRITICAL to the performance of the HBFP. Also while you are doing all that be sure to check all parts for damage, especially the center hub. It could be cracked or broken. If you are sure all of that is OK, I would then suspect that you may have a main motor going bad.

I would be willing to bet that you have a head adjustment problem. In my experience, that is allmost allways the problem. The HBFP is a great little heli, but it is very fickle, and can drive you nuts at times.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:45 pm

i had a very similar problem to this and what i did was totally strip the whole head and re-build it again.

didn`t notice anything at all wrong whilst i stripped it down but after re-building it the `Bee`magically was flying-free again Crazysmile

i know it may seem crazy but it worked for me :chickendance:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:56 pm

If tearing it down and rebuilding it doesn't help then I would try a new main motor.
Back to top Go down
SteC

SteC

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:49 am

I have stripped down the head and replaced the main shaft bearings as they were a bit rough.

The main shaft is straight and all the other bits look OK.

I have ensured the flybar paddles are level with the swashplate and each paddle & weight is the same distance from the head.

When you mention centre hub which part are you referring to?

I have already replaced the motor which didnt make any difference.

This must be something really simple, but I cant identify the problem.

E Sky originally said the red light appearing early was a problem with the blades not giving enough lift, but on a new battery for the first minute it seems OK. Does anyone know the reason for the red light in flight?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:20 am

I don't know about it. It seems that everyone gets red light in 4in1 during the flight. But it flies the same with the red light orange78
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:28 am

The center hub is the part with the two bearings on top that the rotor head snaps onto. If it is broken, it is obvious, but if it is cracked it is not obvious, you have to check that by gently pulling the ears with your fingers to see if one is weak.

Also, next time you have this problem, try landing it and push the head back down onto the center hub to "reseat it" and try to fly again and see if that makes any differance.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 am

[quote="SteC"]I have stripped down the head and replaced the main shaft bearings as they were a bit rough.

The main shaft is straight and all the other bits look OK.

I have ensured the flybar paddles are level with the swashplate and each paddle & weight is the same distance from the head.

When you mention centre hub which part are you referring to?

I have already replaced the motor which didnt make any difference.

This must be something really simple, but I cant identify the problem.

E Sky originally said the red light appearing early was a problem with the blades not giving enough lift, but on a new battery for the first minute it seems OK. Does anyone know the reason for the red light in flight?

SteC, you stated that you leveled the flybar paddles with the swashplate, did you mean outter paddle control frame, if not that may be what the problem is. The flybar paddles need to be level with the outer paddle control frame.... :prop:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable   Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honey Bee FP Problem - apparently unsolveable
Page 1 of 1