RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade

Go down 
+2
247rememberme
Tibs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tibs

Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade Empty
PostSubject: Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade   Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:46 am

Hi,

I recently tried these blades : EHB014 Fiber Reinforced Blades

The problem is that I get very poor lift with them. With the stock blades the lift is very good.

I have balanced and adjusted there pitch - giving only a slight improvement.

Does anyone have any experience with these blades?

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade   Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:58 pm

i`ve got some of these on order,hopefully they`ll be ok and i`ll let you know
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade   Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm

I've been flying the Xtreme fiber reinforced blades for some time now and they are GREAT. No more broken blades ever since, they are really tough. :clap:

On my HBFP with extreme skids they perform great with stock engine and 7.4V or 11.1V lipo.
Back to top Go down
Tibs

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade   Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:21 pm

Did you notice any reduction in lift? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade   Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:14 am

No, I did not notice a real difference in lift.
What I did notice is that the main rotor keeps spinning longer after cutting throttle, this is because the Xtreme blades are heavier than the stock blades.
Back to top Go down
upsidedown

upsidedown

PostSubject: fiber inforced blades   Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:19 am

Some come with not much pitch, sometimes you have to heat them in a oven to about 175 degrees than adjust the pitch, I put a little more pitch than I need because that material has somewhat of a memory, like UHMD or delrin, also I retime the motor for more power, I have even had to do it to new motors which seemed low on power, hope this helps. Pat orange74
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade   Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:32 am

worked for me. I'm returning my stock blades and getting more of these.
Back to top Go down
Beachcomber

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade   Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:55 pm

Tibs,
I assume you're talking about Xtreme Fiber Blades on a Honey Bee FP? If so I have had a set on my HBFP for many months and love them. They made my Bee more stable, and very tough and non-flexible (good thing).

If you're talking about Xtreme blades for the Big Lama, I don't like them. They may be tough but are too flexible, sort of like flopping around the shaft like a wet noodle, and too much upward coning.
Back to top Go down
Tibs

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade   Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks for your help everyone.

Yes Beachcomber the blades I have are the xtreme fibre blades. I do agree that they are much more stable. Thanks for your help.

Upsidedown I think the ones I have do have less pitch - I shall do as you suggested.

Cheers folks

Tibs :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade   Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xtreme Fiber Reinforced Blade
Page 1 of 1