RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now Empty
PostSubject: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
http://www.xheli.com/latest-2-4ghz-rc-helicopter.html

Want to get this one, but have a few questions. I'm coming from a Lama V4.

1) Is it safe to get from xheli b/c it always seems impossible to get through to them for some sort of support (at least it was in the past)? Do they set up before sending out? I know you have videos on basic set-up but just wondering. I liked dealing with smaller shops in the past like KA Planes and Boomtown Hobbies where I can talk to folks about stuff I buy there, but have no idea how long the lag will be until them begin to stock them.

2) What spare parts should I get since it doesn't have a direct link for them. Not sure what will work on this heli vs. what won't. (which blades to get, screws, links, need a pitch gauge or blade balancer, etc?). I don't want to get this without spares.

Thanks!

Last edited by Eddie NYC on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:32 pm

I just ordered from xheli

HBFP V2.............Belt CP V2.........Pitch Gauge
:clap:

This will be my 3rd order placed through them with no problems at all....."knock on wood"

I've been without a heli for a week and was just hoping xheli would stock them soon. Shipping to Hawaii was $18.00 for everything. That's why I go the Belt CP today...saved me about $30.00
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:27 am

Eddie NYC wrote:

Want to get this one, but have a few questions. I'm coming from a Lama V4.

1) Is it safe to get from xheli b/c it always seems impossible to get through to them for some sort of support (at least it was in the past)? Do they set up before sending out? I know you have videos on basic set-up but just wondering. I liked dealing with smaller shops in the past like KA Planes and Boomtown Hobbies where I can talk to folks about stuff I buy there, but have no idea how long the lag will be until them begin to stock them.

2) What spare parts should I get since it doesn't have a direct link for them. Not sure what will work on this heli vs. what won't. (which blades to get, screws, links, need a pitch gauge or blade balancer, etc?). I don't want to get this without spares.

Thanks!

I haven't had any problems with them, I've order quite a bit from them, they have gotten alot better in the last year, they still aren't perfect but def better then before, I don't think you should worry about ordering from them, its hard to beat their prices and you can get free shipping on orders over $100, but I too really like dealing with the smaller shops, much more personal instead of just another order number.

Check here for my recommended spare parts list

http://www.myrcguides.com/HBFPV2.html
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:58 am

are all of the parts you list specifically for the v2 or are they the same ones that are used for the original hbfp? also, isn't the flybar metal on the new one, something we just have to wait for?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:20 am

All head parts from v1 will work on v2. But you'll need to use flybar and paddles from belt cp orange71 And mostly only head parts breaks, so you shouldn't get problem with parts orange6
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:25 am

P3tras wrote:
All head parts from v1 will work on v2. But you'll need to use flybar and paddles from belt cp orange71 And mostly only head parts breaks, so you shouldn't get problem with parts orange6

ok, two things.

1) by head parts is that pretty much anything but the frame and electronics (gear, shaft, links, plates)?

2) what about the tail parts? Same as HBFP v1?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Electronics and main gear are the same. But frame and main shaft are different. But it is very hard to break them
Tail parts are also different. Only tail motor will work from V1
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 1:47 pm

P3tras wrote:
Electronics and main gear are the same. But frame and main shaft are different. But it is very hard to break them
Tail parts are also different. Only tail motor will work from V1

was on the xheli site planning to order. they don't have the link for spare parts but it brings up the HBFP v1 parts when I'm at the checkout screen.....but it has everything, tail rotors, fly bars. So from the V1 parts list, outside of frame, boom, etc, I can't use the tail gears and rotors, but I can use the main body gears and rotors? Assume the screw sets will work on the new one too right?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm

Everything should work from v1 except: main frame, main shaft, tail boom, skids, tail motor holder.
King 3 uses the same skids as hp fp v2 so skids isn't the problem. And you can use king 2/3 tail boom. But you will need to cut it (make it shorter). And still I think it is hard to break those parts. Mostly only head parts breaks :prop:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:46 pm

skids, frams and boom aren't gonna break, you would have to REALLY F$%K it up bad to do that :prop: But the rotor head, center hub, outter paddle control frame and ring links are the same between the V1 and V2 and are really the only parts you will need, oh and blades
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
skids, frams and boom aren't gonna break, you would have to REALLY F$%K it up bad to do that :prop: But the rotor head, center hub, outter paddle control frame and ring links are the same between the V1 and V2 and are really the only parts you will need, oh and blades

thanks, last question (two part), 1) So the fly bar will need to be from Belt-CP and the V2 paddles will work on that, and 2) what about the tail rotors, need them and are they same as on the V1 or do I need to get from the Belt CP too?

Thanks for all of the help. Pretty excited!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:07 pm

the tail rotor blade is the same as the HBFP V1, as is the tail motor. The flybar from almost any 450 size heli will work in the HBFP V1 and V2 (some may have to be shortened too), but when you use the metal flybar its best to use paddles like the V2/Belt CP V1/V2 or other screw on flybar paddles, you could always just use the V1 flybar and paddles, but the V1 flybars break real easy
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: actually the last ?   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:59 pm

My stock Lama V4 blades were horrible and shattered with very little impact. Are the HB's blades more durable and do I need to order multiple back-up sets?

Going to order today.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:53 pm

its kinda luck of the draw with the HBFP blades, sometimes they never break and sometimes they break when the heli tips over so it can't hurt to have a spare pair on hand.
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:19 am

Ordered the red version from xheli and a bunch of spare parts per the suggestions. thanks to everyone. the videos on myrcguides look really helpful about setup and hope I'll be ok moving from the lama.

this is what I ordered. think I've covered most of the bases? will think about motors and look at what people say about upgrades later. didn't see another esky 11.1 battery so held off on that for now. I know with my lama I ordered a different battery and it didn't fit too well (replaced with an extreme battery that fit better). Any second battery sugesstions that fit the same or find a site with the same esky battery?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Newest 4 CH Esky 2.4GHz   EskyHeli_HoneyBee4-V2-Red         
Red Honey Bee V2 Radio

Esky Honey Bee 4 Channel  TrainingKit                      1
004 LIPO version:
Training gear sets

Esky Honey Bee 4 Channel  EK1-0219                         2
004 LIPO version: Tail
rotor blade

Esky Honey Bee 4 Channel  EK1-0200A                        2
004 LIPO version: Rotor
head set

Esky Honey Bee 4 Channel  EK1-0201                          3   
004 LIPO version:
Ring-like push-rod

Esky Honey Bee 4 Channel  EK1-0206                          2   
004 LIPO version: Paddle
control frame (outer)

Esky Honey Bee 4 Channel  EK1-0203                          1   
004 LIPO version: Center
hub set

Esky Honey Bee 4 Channel  EK1-0202                          2   
004 LIPO version: Main
blade

Flybar   (for Belt CP)                 EK1-0536                    1   
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Nice!

Make sure to add a fuse to the 4in1

I bought a HBFP V1 in July and ordered lots of spare parts. Almost the same as your list.

The V1 is a TANK! :bigthumb: The only thing I broke was (1) fly bar, stock skids and (2) paddle control frame......look at my repair for the Paddle Control Frame...just do a quick search in the forum.

The bad news is my 4in1 went bad so now I'm without a Heli and a ton of HBFP spare parts. So I ordered the V2 and can't wait until it gets delivered this week. I crashed a lot of times and I'm very surprised the damage was minimal. Just remember the HBFP is a TANK.

Once again add a fuse or else atomic
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:45 am

orange5
They've arrived :grinn:

I am now the proud owner of a HBFP V2 and CP V2
Bloody lousy weather here at the mo or I would be outside with the HB :bigthumb:

Got to check the vids again for setup for the HB before I fly though, looks like I have plenty of time, the weather is not supposed to improve until mid next week sad122

I did get the Venom Night Ranger 2 whilst I was waiting for the HB to arrive, I have to say the Hb is in a different league, a lot more solid and seems to be a lot more powerful just spinning her up. You can tell the quality is a lot better on the HB, then looking at the CP it jumps again.

So far VERY impressed, thanks all for the help so far and I am sure the first time I crash I will need more!!

Fingers crossed.

Pitt
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:31 pm

I've rea a lot on the need for a fuse.

Where would I add it? What rating fuse would be recommended for stock HB and CP V2's?
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:48 pm

mine won't arrive until the second half of next week. wish i had it for the long weekend...
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:02 pm

You should add them to the wires from 4in1 to the motors. ~7.5A for the main motor and ~3A for the tail. Read here Wink
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:11 am

may order a few more parts than what I ordered with the heli last week. may get spare motors, since both motors (main and tail) from v1 work. Should I get the stock motors or do most people get the upgraded extreme motors? do motors need to be replaced in pairs when they gobup (I know can't mix stock and extreme motor).

also, just want to confirm that the tail rotor blades and the motor are the only tail parts that can be used from v1 ands they are identical to the ones used in v2.

oh, last question, these motors have heat sinks that my lama didn't. do are they easy to lose and do they just pop off and Can be used on the motors?
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:10 am

P3tras wrote:
You should add them to the wires from 4in1 to the motors. ~7.5A for the main motor and ~3A for the tail. Read here Wink

Thanks P3tras, I shall install that on both helis although I shall use an inline fuse rather than direct to the motor, will it be 7.5 & 3 on the Belt CP V2 do you know?

Pitt
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:27 am

On belt? Hmm. I don't know. Maybe ~30A but I don't really know. I think you can fly your belt without fuse. Best fuse for belt is bigger ESC (~35A) orange6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now   HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBFP V2 in stock at xheli now
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: