RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Silicon Lubricant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Silicon Lubricant Empty
PostSubject: Silicon Lubricant   Silicon Lubricant I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 pm

I'm sure this subject has been brought up before, but anyway:

I've never used any kind of lubricant of any kind on any of my helis.

Today I bought some pure silicon spray lubricant. Is this ok to use on my helis, and if so which parts can I / should I use it on and how much?

Help me out guru's.

Thanks,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Silicon Lubricant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silicon Lubricant   Silicon Lubricant I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:37 am

Guru came to help! :giggle:
Read through heliguy. Great info about lubricating belt cp (but you can use this info on other helis) :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

Silicon Lubricant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silicon Lubricant   Silicon Lubricant I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:16 pm

Hey Donnie, You might remember I use silicone spray for the belt. Remove the main blades
on the esmart and spin it up just a little. Spray the belt by the front pully. Petrolium jelly
is used on feathering shafts and rubber bushings. Petrolium jelly works on evrything if you
dont have anything else. Put it on your fingers and rub it on the linkage balls, the tailshaft
and the mainshaft. I think it is easy to clean and re-apply. I have been using the silicone spray
on everything lately and it seems to work good.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Silicon Lubricant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silicon Lubricant   Silicon Lubricant I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks for the info guys.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silicon Lubricant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silicon Lubricant   Silicon Lubricant I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silicon Lubricant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: General RC Questions-
Jump to: