RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t

Go down 
+6
blackrain0119
P3tras
suriano
cgetman02
--==AxeL==--
Nuttcaze
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t Empty
PostSubject: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:59 pm

just got back from flying my E-Smart, ran 5 packs through it and finally got up the balls to do a roll in FF, it was awesome, well the first one at least, the next few were really sloppy, mainly because I was still very scared to put it into a nose dive when doing the first part of the roll, so I end up rolling inverted but then would flip over instead of continuing the roll, I kept working on it be I was shaking like crazy so I didn't get too far with that training, but then I practiced so Tick-Tocks and its much easier to do on 22.2v then it is on 18.v, my next upgrade will be a better gyro, the telebee is holding fine but I feel I'm right at its limits now, really been putting my ES600 through its paces :bigthumb:

Hopefully the vid comes out, I'm checking now.
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:38 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
I kept working on it be I was shaking like crazy

:giggle: I'm like that just hovering :giggle: One day......Oh yes one day orange71

I cannot imagine, nor wonder about the thoughts going through your mind when you first try these manoeuvres. The buzz I get just from a simple, but successful hover is amazing, let alone achieving tricks. Well done Nuttcaze :clap: and hurry up with vid :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Way to Go!   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
just got back from flying my E-Smart, ran 5 packs through it and finally got up the balls to do a roll in FF, it was awesome, well the first one at least, the next few were really sloppy, mainly because I was still very scared to put it into a nose dive when doing the first part of the roll, so I end up rolling inverted but then would flip over instead of continuing the roll, I kept working on it be I was shaking like crazy so I didn't get too far with that training, but then I practiced so Tick-Tocks and its much easier to do on 22.2v then it is on 18.v, my next upgrade will be a better gyro, the telebee is holding fine but I feel I'm right at its limits now, really been putting my ES600 through its paces :bigthumb:

Hopefully the vid comes out, I'm checking now.

You did better than me this weekend. Got brave and tried a flip, got disoriented and planted my $39.95 based EXI 450. It was flying so well to. orange3 I'm going to rebuild it using the frame from the spare Squadron I purchased. It will take some doing though. Bent frame, boom, broken Jesus bolt at the gears, probably bent mainshaft, multiple bent linkrods, very bent flybar, blades look ok though. I should have all the parts to rebuild it anyway.

It gave me a chance to change the Logitech gyro/servo over to the other 450 I was having tail trouble with. What do you know after setting up the gyro it flies great. Glad I have another 2100T/servo combo coming in the mail!

Congrats on trying some inverted stuff. I guess I need some more practice, or less panic!

:bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:21 pm

Good job Marc, I hate it when I start shaking too, you have to fly it off and stop
doing tricks till its gone.....

You need to think about the frame mod I show in my thread. It really worked
great for me and might help if justin fly's yours.

I am guessing from your description that you were doing forward rolls during FF?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:49 am

Well done, Marc :bigthumb: :clap: I need bigger balls to try anything inverted my belt cp :giggle: C'mon glitch again! Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:40 pm

--==AxeL==-- wrote:
Nuttcaze wrote:
I kept working on it be I was shaking like crazy

:giggle: I'm like that just hovering :giggle: One day......Oh yes one day orange71

I cannot imagine, nor wonder about the thoughts going through your mind when you first try these manoeuvres. The buzz I get just from a simple, but successful hover is amazing, let alone achieving tricks. Well done Nuttcaze :clap: and hurry up with vid :bigthumb:

trying new moves with my E-Smart is actually kinda easy, I spend alot of time on the sim (Aerofly Pro Deluxe) practicing the moves so that I learn the stick movements needed, then its just getting up the nerve to try it in real life. My E-Smart is very predictable and stable so its easier for me to try stuff on it rather then my Belt CP V2. But when I try the new move, the hardest part is usually the timing of my stick movements, the sim has taught me all the stick movements so getting the timing right is the key to getting it right in real life (IMO) and since the E-Smart is so big you can fly higher and have more time to recover from a bad manuver. Not too bad really but still makes me pucker up a bit when its a new move. orange72
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:43 pm

suriano wrote:
Good job Marc, I hate it when I start shaking too, you have to fly it off and stop
doing tricks till its gone.....

You need to think about the frame mod I show in my thread. It really worked
great for me and might help if justin fly's yours.

I am guessing from your description that you were doing forward rolls during FF?

Yep the metal one will be getting that mod, this one too but it'll wait for now.

Yep, FF rolls, it seemed like it would be easier then just rolling to the side and going into an inverted hover, inverted hovers are kinda hard for me still because that is where the telebee is at its limits, but its still works for the most part, but because of that I don't like to try inverted hovers very often so I wanna work on inverted flight.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:44 pm

P3tras wrote:
Well done, Marc :bigthumb: :clap: I need bigger balls to try anything inverted my belt cp :giggle: C'mon glitch again! Crazysmile

IMO its 10x easier to flip and loop the E-Smart then it is the Belt CP, I still haven't even tried to flip my Belt CP and prob won't bother too, the E-Smart is just too nice orange68
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:19 pm

was out flying the ES600 today, working on my inverted hovers and rolls, starting to get the concept of the roll down better, some look great some don't. But one thing that is def getting easier is inverted hovers, for me its exactly like using the ECO 8 Brushless on Aerofly Pro Deluxe, its almost identical to how my ES600 flies in real life, kinda scary but it has been really helping now more then ever. Did my longest inverted hover today w00t w00t and got decent vid of it too, the flights from the other day I was soo far away that you couldn't tell what my heli was doing but I'm trying to keep it closer, will post vid later
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:01 am

that was awesome bro! Wow!! I cant believe your doing that now. I sometimes get confused with the orientation doing the inverted hover. Dude, you got some guts man! i should start doing that, i mostly do invert and tic tocs with my exi's, but i feel that the 450 helis are way more touchy. As of now, i wanted to do it with my trex600 since it has a very solid tail control, the only problem is i'm a little nervous if i crash. But you bro, you got some guts dude. Congrats! Very soon you'll be doing a lot 3d. That was really nice bro. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:32 pm

I don't like doing loops or anything with 450's, too unstable for me, I'm not that good yet but trying this stuff with my ES600 is way easier then with any 450 so I'm alot more relaxed which make things soo much easier.

You really should concentrate on your T-Rex only (no 450's) and you'll be doing more 3D then me and quicker but I'm trying to keep up with you now so the race is on :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Just make sure you don't think about crash when you are flying big heli :grinn: Nerves will do their job! It is just like when I fly in nose in. When I am flying in nose in and just don't think about it everything is very good and smooth. But when I start thinking 'WOW I am flying nose in' and after that start thinking about crash l loose concentration. So I think the same thing counts doing loops. Just don't thing about crash and you'll be ok :prop:
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:00 pm

[quote="Nuttcaze"]
You really should concentrate on your T-Rex only (no 450's) and you'll be doing more 3D then me and quicker but I'm trying to keep up with you now so the race is on :crylaugh:

It's on Bro!!! :bigthumb: orange68
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:06 pm

P3tras wrote:
Just make sure you don't think about crash when you are flying big heli :grinn: Nerves will do their job! It is just like when I fly in nose in. When I am flying in nose in and just don't think about it everything is very good and smooth. But when I start thinking 'WOW I am flying nose in' and after that start thinking about crash l loose concentration. So I think the same thing counts doing loops. Just don't thing about crash and you'll be ok :prop:

I never think about crashing, it really never enters my mind when I fly, it was a big hurdle to get over but a very liberating feeling to be able to fly without any cares in the world (with the exception of saftey)
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:14 pm

Then you are lucky :grinn: After crash I really afraid to crash again. But after some time I start to do new moves, and crash again. Then the same story begins again :giggle: Now I bent tail rotor shaft, while I was carrying belt cp. It felt from my hands on the tail and the shaft bent. So from now I should be more careful while carrying the heli, than flying it Crazysmile
P.S. My last real crash was more than 4 months ago :grinn:
Back to top Go down
coptercrazy

coptercrazy

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:09 am

When I bought my ES600 I ordered the plastic version from RC Super Sales. Two days later Kyle Allred e-mailed me saying he was all out of the plastic and he was sending me the all metal version for the same price ( $189 ) instead. :bigthumb: Now, my point is he was a big help in selecting what was going on it . I was going to buy the newest e-sky gyro but he told me the Detrum GY48V gyro was a way better gyro than even the Telebee and for $36.99 2cents I tryed it. Very easy to setup and works great for me.
I don't know if you have had any experience with these gyros but it's something to think about. orange78
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:58 am

I am also using the Detrum GY48V on my HK-450, with a digital servo (HiTec 5084) and it holds the tail very good :bigthumb:

Have not tried the Telebee gyro yet, so I can't compare.

I got the gyro from the signs141 shop Top_racing2007. Bought multiple times from them now. They sell the GY48V for only 24 dollar including shipping from Hong Kong, check this
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Great job Nuttcaze!!

My first flip attempt came after flying my 450.
I didn't have the ES600 setup well enough. Plus I didn't have quite enough elevation. Plus, I'm just plain not very good at 3d, yet!

Ugh.
First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t DSC02518
Back to top Go down
CyberRob

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Oh damn thats bent!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:46 pm

akent wrote:
Great job Nuttcaze!!

My first flip attempt came after flying my 450.
I didn't have the ES600 setup well enough. Plus I didn't have quite enough elevation. Plus, I'm just plain not very good at 3d, yet!

Ugh.

your ES600 lokks like what happened to my original Belt CP when I tried to loop that, it plowed into the ground soo hard, everything broke and I mean EVERYTHING, lol :crylaugh:

But one thing I love about my ES600 is I can fly it very high, really helps for learning new moves :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
coptercrazy

coptercrazy

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:49 am

Mozzy wrote:
I am also using the Detrum GY48V on my HK-450, with a digital servo (HiTec 5084) and it holds the tail very good :bigthumb:

Have not tried the Telebee gyro yet, so I can't compare.

I got the gyro from the signs141 shop Top_racing2007. Bought multiple times from them now. They sell the GY48V for only 24 dollar including shipping from Hong Kong, check this

That's an awesome price for the Detrum gyro. And I thought Iwas getting a good price and I did, you just got a GREAT price.
Thanks Mozzy I'm bookmarking that site for sure!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:10 pm

I'm trying to get enough energy to finish installing my Futaba GY502 on my ES600, my other GY401 should be here today or tomorrow, I can't wait because now I'll really be able to start working on new moves orange80
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t   First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Rolls in FF, w00t w00t
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: