RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Next step in flying

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
burton8012

Next step in flying Empty
PostSubject: Next step in flying   Next step in flying I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:11 pm

hey i think i got the hovering down pretty good but i wont go higher then my head it seems like as soon as you go higher then eye level you can't really see how level the heli is i don't know how you guys can fly so high and level that amazing to me. it seems to me with heli's you kinda have to have everything planned in your head ahead of time and also predict what happens when your moving around before it happens..... what would be the next step in learning to fly and how long do u guys think it takes for one to learn basic flying like figure eights ect ect ect just moving around freely.....
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Next step in flying   Next step in flying I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:16 pm

For me forward flight would be the next step. The forward momentum will
tend to help keep the heli oriented. Practice head height or lower forward
flight across in front of you with smooth turns at the end and fly it back
the other way. Thats what I would do anyway....
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Next step in flying   Next step in flying I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:23 pm

oh i forgot to say i never pratice hovering nose in maybe i should do that first? cause then maybe once i get far away i would have to land and walk to it lol then do what you suggested
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

PostSubject: next step   Next step in flying I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:32 pm

sounds like you are doing fine :bigthumb: just pratice the nose in;;;; after i mastered that it was open season on all of the other stuff.
Just remember to not exceed your comfort zone
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Next step in flying   Next step in flying I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:35 pm

I am not say'n this is for you, but I never really practiced hovering the heli.
Forward flight progressed my skills the fastest. For me once I was able to hover
a little bit I went into FF because lets face it, for me I dont plan on hovering much
usually to take off and land. With FF it has taught me those skills without realizing
it.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Next step in flying   Next step in flying I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:25 am

there are soo many different ways to progress for any one to be right for everyone, I always suggest working on what ever you need work on, if you can hover tail in fine don't keep hovering like that, maybe work on trying to turn the heli around in place without crashing, its easier the actually hovering tail out, at least I think so, then throw in a little FF and soon you'll be flying around and learning new things without realizing it.

:bigthumb: :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next step in flying   Next step in flying I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next step in flying
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: