RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

What servo is good? blue ray se

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jimtek45

jimtek45

What servo is good? blue ray se Empty
PostSubject: What servo is good? blue ray se   What servo is good? blue ray se I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Well iv had my first crash,, orange54 and after it did the :chickendance: the damage report was a bent and gashed tail boom,,,cracked rotor head,,,tips of blades crunched,,and some other damage. orange75 ,,, well time for a healthy rebuild,,, i guess im officialy initiated, :clap:

anyway,, one thing, the servo for the gyro mounted on the tail boom,, busted the brackets off one side of its case,,so the guts are good in the servo but the case for mounting is not,, it says its an exceed model 62p15 8g on it. when i went to order a tailboom and servo from xheli,, for the blue ray parts it just says servo $8.00,,. is there a better one in the low price range i should get before i order,, im not into the $20.00 apiece servos right now,,, but it looks like their are some noname 12g mg {metal gear} servos for like 8 to 12 dollars,but i dont know whats good.

also can anyone tell me what size the nuts are for the feathering shaft,, i have tryed a 5mm,5.5mm nutdriver and the only thing i can get to fit is the old tamiya T-CROSS WRENCH but it wont fit that deep,,,and i dont really know what mm it is,, im guessing 6 or 7 mm nuts,,, the are the same nuts as whats on the bladeholder screw,,, so what size and any sugestion as to where to get a nutdriver to fit it. orange78

Thanks Guys bye
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: What servo is good? blue ray se   What servo is good? blue ray se I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:21 am

pretty much any 8 or 9 gram micro servo will work for the blueray, a cheap but good option are the SG-90 9g servos from hobbypartz, only $3.50ea

http://www.hobbypartz.com/topromisesg9.html

Also you should buy one of these tool sets, they're cheap $ and work good, but the hex drives strip easily so don't use them to break bolts loose or tighten them down.

$19.70 - http://www.hobbypartz.com/11pcsrctokit.html

What servo is good? blue ray se Tool-Case-641
Back to top Go down
jimtek45

jimtek45

PostSubject: Re: What servo is good? blue ray se   What servo is good? blue ray se I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Cool Man,,, :bigthumb: ,,the link for the servos is great,,, is it better to get the hispeed one from them for 6 bucks,, is that better for gyro control.

But the other thing im still stuck at is,,, the nut size for the blade holder and feathering shaft nuts,,, have all other wrenches,,from my cars,, like an indigy hex driver set ect,,, but i just need a wrench for those nuts,,, i took one to my local hoppy shop and we tried a 5mm and a 5.5mm and they were just a little to small,,so i think they have to be 6mm or 6.5 or 7mm can you please check and see what the actual size is on those,, cause i cant seem to find a wrench to fit it! sad122

its funny nutz,,, in one of your vids you get so close to telling ,,but,,,,, never do,,,, ha ha,,, you say the screws are 1.5 mm and not to use cheap wrenches at least twice in your vid but never say the nut sizes,!!! lol,,,haha,, :crylaugh: so close but so far,,ha

thx dude,, Jim
Back to top Go down
jimtek45

jimtek45

PostSubject: Re: What servo is good? blue ray se   What servo is good? blue ray se I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:25 pm

ok it must be 5.5 mm

i went to harbor freight co. today,, cool place,, and tried a 5mm to tight,,and a 6mm too loose,, so it must be a 5.5mm nut,,, i need to go thank my local hobbyshop guy for making this such a mystery AFTER i asked him to check the size for me and he specificly said it was NOT a 5.5mm size but he was sure if i bought his $30.oo tool set it would have the right socet in it!!!! but unless i bought it he couldent open it to check,,, MAN,,, atomic AND THEY F#$%ing atomic censored about us buying online and killing their buisness,,, duhhh i wonder WHY?????

ok im calm now,,, redface but i must have every tool in the world except a simple 5.5mm nut driver! angry032

i dont need a whole set just the nutdriver,,, any ideas?

thx,,, Jim

ps. Marc , can you just verify before i order, that your blade screw nuts and feathering shaft nuts on your exi are indeed 5.5,,, thank you man.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: What servo is good? blue ray se   What servo is good? blue ray se I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:37 pm

I'm pretty sure I've seen individual nut drivers and other tools sold on some of the on line shops.
I think I bought my tool kit from XHeli and it has MOST of the stuff I need. Get a tool magnitizer or a good strong magnet and magnitize everything . Makes working on the helis a lot easier.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jimtek45

jimtek45

PostSubject: Re: What servo is good? blue ray se   What servo is good? blue ray se I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:58 pm

Yea ,, i saw this one on hobby partz

http://www.hobbypartz.com/4-pc-metric-nut-driver-assortment-by-exi.html

i think it will do the trick, and yea thanks for the advise on the magnet deal, orange74 ,i have a mag ring i wipe my screwdrivers down with in my computer repair toolbox,, learned that one many yrs ago from droping screws down in the case and on the motherboard. lol

hey while i was gona order those nutdrivers,, whatya think of this new sim controller for 15 bucks,,,is it better than nothing ,, which is what i have now? orange78

http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyu-1002.html
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: What servo is good? blue ray se   What servo is good? blue ray se I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:20 am

yep, 5.5mm is the one you need, as far as that Sim Kit, I'd get the ESky one just because we already know that it works with almost all sim programs.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: What servo is good? blue ray se   What servo is good? blue ray se I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:43 am

I tried that dynam sim. On FMS it works fine, but on aerofly pro deluxe all channels are shaking Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What servo is good? blue ray se   What servo is good? blue ray se I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What servo is good? blue ray se
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: