RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

2-year-old wants to fly helis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
4n6Days

4n6Days

2-year-old wants to fly helis Empty
PostSubject: 2-year-old wants to fly helis   2-year-old wants to fly helis I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Tonight my wife and kids (1 and 2.5) I stopped at the park so I could fly my heli. After I had landed my 2-and-a-half year old came up to me as I was disconnecting the battery and said. "Daddy, so, can I fly it now or something?" Lol

I let him play with my sim. He just jams the sticks around and thinks it hilarious when it crashes.

I told him maybe when he's 4 I'd get him a coaxial :giggle:

IF he can get over thinking that crashing is funny...
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: 2-year-old wants to fly helis   2-year-old wants to fly helis I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:58 pm

What kind of coaxial would be appropriate for a 4 year old? Any ideas? I am looking for a heli that a 4 year old could learn on/control any ideas?
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: 2-year-old wants to fly helis   2-year-old wants to fly helis I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:16 pm

I was thinking of the eflite blade mcx. They're light they're small (less inertia when they hit the floor) and parts are available at the local hobby shop. Though they are a little on the expensive side, eflite's support is good (or so I've heard).

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH2200

I have already had my son flying my micro coaxial heli (the infrared ones that are easy to fly and darn near indestructible http://www.xheli.com/80hemi3chpas.html - out of stock now, but great for little kids.) Right now, I don't let him touch the right stick. Just the throttle (which is all the left stick does). I make him take off, try not to hit the ceiling (he almost always does), then land without crashing... or hitting himself in the face.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: 2-year-old wants to fly helis   2-year-old wants to fly helis I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:14 am

That's the one I was gonna recomend. I've heard a lot of good things about it. I think I'm gonna get one for my grandson for Christmas. :prop:

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: 2-year-old wants to fly helis   2-year-old wants to fly helis I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Donnie D wrote:
That's the one I was gonna recomend. I've heard a lot of good things about it. I think I'm gonna get one for my grandson for Christmas. :prop:

Donnie D smiley-happy088

I hope I can get ahold of some, I did notice they are out of stock tho. I wonder if all those micro's around $20 are good or if it is just that $15 one.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: 2-year-old wants to fly helis   2-year-old wants to fly helis I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:08 pm

This is the one I'm gonna get for my grandson. I don't know about the $15 and $20 one's.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: 2-year-old wants to fly helis   2-year-old wants to fly helis I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Donnie D wrote:
This is the one I'm gonna get for my grandson. I don't know about the $15 and $20 one's.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

That is way way way to much money for a child. I am sure the cheapo ones work, the video of the one thats is $28 looks plenty nice enough for me or any child.

http://www.xheli.com/90doho3chinc.html
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: 2-year-old wants to fly helis   2-year-old wants to fly helis I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:42 pm

Only problem I have with the 2 or 3 channel heli's is that the throttle is on the left stick and the rudder is on the right stick. Kind of a bad way to start training.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: 2-year-old wants to fly helis   2-year-old wants to fly helis I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:44 am

4n6Days wrote:
Tonight my wife and kids (1 and 2.5) I stopped at the park so I could fly my heli. After I had landed my 2-and-a-half year old came up to me as I was disconnecting the battery and said. "Daddy, so, can I fly it now or something?" Lol

I let him play with my sim. He just jams the sticks around and thinks it hilarious when it crashes.

I told him maybe when he's 4 I'd get him a coaxial :giggle:

IF he can get over thinking that crashing is funny...

thats the same age Justin Chi started playing with the sim, in pretty much the exact same manner, but look where he is now orange68

Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: 2-year-old wants to fly helis   2-year-old wants to fly helis I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:59 am

:clap: I'm doing close to the samething with my Tx, but I'm just trying to hover tail in right now :crylaugh:

He is just amazing to watch though :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2-year-old wants to fly helis   2-year-old wants to fly helis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2-year-old wants to fly helis
Page 1 of 1