RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
4n6Days

4n6Days

My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!! Empty
PostSubject: My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!!   My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:30 pm

This is my 14th flight since I built my EXI450. Today I decided to be bold and flip the idle up switch and see what happened. It's MUCH more responsive on the collective in idle up. I like it!! Landing is tad bit trickier. I'm used to chopping the throttle stick when the skids touch the ground. I did a few practice runs first. Spool up in normal, flip to idle up, take off, land, switch back to normal and throttle down.

I only flew it around for about a minute in idle up to conserve battery... since I only have one. AND i only have an esky charger that takes 6-8 hours to charge.

I've been trying to fly twice a day. I charge the battery overnight, then fly early in the morning before work, then charge the battery during the day and fly again in the evening.

Now that I'm flying further away from myself, I need to go to the park where there is more room than I have at my apartment. I definitely need to get a few more batteries so I can fly longer when I go to the park.

ANYway... enjoy the video. I'm going to try to keep track of each flight so as I post videos you will be able to see how many flights I've had.

And for those of you who are just learning to hover. There IS HOPE!!! Haha! Three weeks ago, it seemed like I'd NEVER be able to do more than hover, but now I'm slowly progressing to forward flight which is super exciting.

Oh.... and even though I told myself that I don't want to do any crazy 3d stuff, and that just plain 'flying' is enough for me... I thought about (BRIEFLY) trying to do a loop today. But then again, I'd rather be bored with my flying than have a pile of smashed up parts.

Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!!   My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:38 pm

good flying there, once you master that, try hovering sideways, then do figure 8, lastly do the nose in are you're good to go. You will be able to fly your heli everywhere. Also, it is very important not to leave your lipo battery charge all noght or all day, i understand that it takes long to charge the bettery, but these lipos are very sensitive, and if it's overcharged, this may cause to fire and may burst out. Never leave your lipo charge unattended. If you want, you can get a very good charger at xheli.com, this will save you hours of charging. Goodluck and keep those vids coming. I like to see the forum guys flying. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!!   My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:43 pm

I charge my lipo overnight in a stainless steel can with a lid. During the day, I take it work and charge it next to my desk.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!!   My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:07 pm

that sounds better, i thought you left it overnight. Well anyway, just keep flying adn keep those vids coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!!   My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My EXI450 - Flight 014 - Idle Up!!
Page 1 of 1