RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

P-51D Mustang

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dprcplanes

P-51D Mustang Empty
PostSubject: P-51D Mustang   P-51D Mustang I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:01 am

Hi!!

I am a bigginer but I have this pashion about P-51D Mustangs. Can you please let me know which of the two models I found on the net is the best buy and if you could tell why do you think so.

Please find the two links below:

http://www.snhobbies.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_36&products_id=503
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ1800

Regards
DP
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

P-51D Mustang Empty
PostSubject: P-51's   P-51D Mustang I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:43 pm

dprcplanes, They are both nice planes I'am sure they fly well. How much flight skill do you have?
as both these planes will take some skill to fly. They are far from trainers and in the hands of a
new pilot it will not end well. I have seen people over the years fly like pro's form the get go but that
is rare.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
dprcplanes

P-51D Mustang Empty
PostSubject: P-51D Mustang   P-51D Mustang I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:24 am

SDJB Hi!

Thanks for your comments. Yes I am a beginner. Now that I have thought about it may this would not be my ideal first plane to start with. What do you think if I start with the Piper Cub? Is this a good idea?

Going back to the P-51D Mustang models which of the two technically and engine wise is the better plane?

Thanks and happy flying
DP
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

P-51D Mustang Empty
PostSubject: Good Trainer   P-51D Mustang I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:04 pm

dprcplanes, Frist off the ParkZone P-51 is the one I would go with, as I have some time with that
plane and it is very nice. As for a good trainer I would say the GWS Slow Stick is a very good trainer
nice and slow and cheap about 35 bucks for the plane you get the motor with it. I have the Slow Stick
and have trained both my sons with it you can do some mods to it to make it fly even better ie brushless motor upgrade and install ailerons on the wing after you learn to fly it stock. Do have a
radio system now? this will be the first thing to buy and I would get the DX6i as this will let you fly
all types of planes and Helis. Which Cub were you thinking of buying?

sdjb
Back to top Go down
dprcplanes

P-51D Mustang Empty
PostSubject: P-51D Mustang   P-51D Mustang I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:27 pm

sdjb Hi,

I am thinking of starting with the Super Cub LP RTF from Horizon Hobby. What do you think, is this is a good starting plane?

May be you know ... What is the diference between the Super Cub LP RTF and Super Cub RTF Electric? Pls find links below:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HBZ7300
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HBZ7100

Thanks

DP
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

P-51D Mustang Empty
PostSubject: Re: P-51D Mustang   P-51D Mustang I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:17 pm

dprcplanes, the Lp has Exclusive Anti-Crash Technology. I would go with the LP. Do you have a flight sim? they help alot.
sdjb
Back to top Go down
dprcplanes

P-51D Mustang Empty
PostSubject: Beginner and Cubs   P-51D Mustang I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:58 am

sdjb Hi!

Yes I have ordered the FMS.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Take care and happy flying.

dp
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

P-51D Mustang Empty
PostSubject: Re: P-51D Mustang   P-51D Mustang I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:55 am

i started to learn on a multiplex easy star, GREAT glider / trainer for me, outgrew it in 3 weeks!

this was after 3 days of solo flying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

P-51D Mustang Empty
PostSubject: Re: P-51D Mustang   P-51D Mustang I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

P-51D Mustang
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Cars, Planes, etc. :: RC Airplanes-
Jump to: