RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v

Go down 
+3
Donnie D
Nuttcaze
davidj
7 posters
AuthorMessage
davidj

davidj

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: Hbfp V2 on 7.4v   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:03 am

Hi, thinking about buying the hbfp v2 is there any chance with a change of motor or pinion
it could be flown on 7.4v lipo`s, the reason for this is that I have plenty of 7.4 lipo`s and it would save starting another lipo collection orange78 thanks Dave
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hbfp V2 on 7.4v   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:40 am

I read of a guy on RCGroups tested it and said it was a no go on 7.4v, and he knows his HBFP's and mods orange71
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hbfp V2 on 7.4v   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:14 am

davidj wrote:
Hi, thinking about buying the hbfp v2 is there any chance with a change of motor or pinion
it could be flown on 7.4v lipo`s, the reason for this is that I have plenty of 7.4 lipo`s and it would
save starting another lipo collection orange78 thanks Dave

That's one reason why I think I'm gonna stick with my HBFP V1 for now. I've got six 7.4v batts that I hate to waste.

Hey, Nutz. The other day you showed a really nice looking fuse for the HBFP. It was really a barebones with a Jet Ranger fuse, but now I can't find your post.

You said it was compatable with all of my HBFP V1 parts. Is that right?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hbfp V2 on 7.4v   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:34 am

Nuttcaze post is almost at the bottom of page 1 :grinn:
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hbfp V2 on 7.4v   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:56 pm

davidj wrote:
it could be flown on 7.4v lipo`s

Unfortunately it can't. I tried it yesterday and it could only hover about a foot off the ground.

I have (4) 7.4v lipos.........anyone interested? Wink
Back to top Go down
davidj

davidj

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hbfp V2 on 7.4v   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:18 pm

OK, thanks for the replys
Dave orange4
Back to top Go down
upsidedown

upsidedown

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: hbfp on 7.4   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:34 am

Why couldn,t you put a 7.4 motor off an older honeybee, if you have been flying them before Iam sure you would have spar motor,s , the servo,s look the same, don,t know if the new receiver would have a voltage limiter like a capacitor or a triad array like on PLC,s for robotics, don,t realy know just a idea! Pat :grinn:
Back to top Go down
flagmax

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hbfp V2 on 7.4v   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:44 am

Are the motors different in V2 from V1?

It probably comes down to weight being the reason why 7.4v lipo just can't provide enough power.
Back to top Go down
upsidedown

upsidedown

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: hbfp 7.4   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:09 am

not sure but I would think the only difference in motors would be the rotor winding less for more voltage more for less voltage, plus it looks like they used the same blades, older one,s would lift their own weight plus tranning gear, I don,t know how much heavier the new bee is, just a thought it would not take long to find out just my opinion! Pat :grinn:
Back to top Go down
davidj

davidj

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hbfp V2 on 7.4v   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:14 am

upsidedown wrote:
Why couldn,t you put a 7.4 motor off an older honeybee, if you have been flying them before Iam sure you would have spar motor,s , the servo,s look the same, don,t know if the new receiver would have a voltage limiter like a capacitor or a triad array like on PLC,s for robotics, don,t realy know just a idea! Pat :grinn:

Dont think its the weight, I know of a Bee that weights 318grams and flys ok giving 8/9 mins per pack I wonder if the motors are a different voltage or is esky overdriving the old motors with 11.1volts to get the performance, I really fancy a v2 but dont want to start another lipo collection.
Dave orange78
Back to top Go down
upsidedown

upsidedown

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: hbfp 7.4   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:00 am

Heck I think the honey 7.4 is what around 8.00 dollars or so, if you would advance the motor timing and put I decent set of blades on it with a tail motor you would still probly be less expensive than a 11.1 battery, I guess it just matters if you want to mess around with it, just my opinion! Pat US flag
Back to top Go down
davidj

davidj

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hbfp V2 on 7.4v   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:45 am

Nuttcaze wrote:
I read of a guy on RCGroups tested it and said it was a no go on 7.4v, and he knows his HBFP's and mods orange71
Hi Marc, do you think the Extreme 380x might do the trick without blowing the 4in1 up.
Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hbfp V2 on 7.4v   Hbfp V2 on 7.4v I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hbfp V2 on 7.4v
Page 1 of 1