RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Rotor Head Problem please help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinot

Rotor Head Problem please help Empty
PostSubject: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Hello, I have a question for anybody.

I was playing with my new Honey Bee FP V2 and I hurt it a little bit. Right up top, the part that holds the blades on(rotor head), it looks like it sits down on top of 2 round metal (bearings?) with a screw in the middle of them. Well one side of mine popped up and now the blades are not sitting level. How do you fix this? It looks like maybe you unscrew the screw and set the rotor head back down on the metal ball?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:50 pm

it would be nice if you can put a picture on it , so it will be a lot easier for the forum guys to determine what is the problem :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Rotor Head Problem please help DSCF0051
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:00 pm

looks like it's bent . pretty bad. you should PM this to nuttcaze, he's far more experience and know all the parts of the v2. Trust me, he wont let you down.
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Man that pic shows the problem well lol
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:02 pm

yes it does
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Pretty sure it just pops back in, I am about to go try it. Rotor Head Problem please help DSCF0053
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:16 pm

thats the fun stuff about helicopters, just go for it, and if it works, great, if not, try asking Marc(nuttcaze)
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:17 pm

Do I need to get/where can I get (make?) one of those blade holder things?
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:28 pm

not sure. I think you should as k Nuttcaze.
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:41 pm

Rotor Head Problem please help Dscf0010
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:54 pm

You get it sorted?

Happens quite a lot to me so far, when it pops off like that I unhook the ring like push rods (attaching the outer paddle to the main blades), take off the blades, realign them and pop them back on and reattach the ring like push rods nBobs your uncle your back in the air! I found to my cost that trying to push the main blades back on whilst at that angle either brakes the ring or you end up getting nowhere and the bearings will not fit in correctly on the top of the rotor head.
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:34 pm

I was able to get it sorted out with the blades still on the heli. Maybe I won't do that in the future? A guy on another forum suggested I used needle nose pliers, which I did, and it worked fine. I must give proprs to nuttcaze and this heli now. I must say I thought nuttcaze might be wrong about the FP V2 being the best beginners helicopter, maybe due to his overall love of esky, but no it really is. Although I can't say it is the best because it is the only one I have had, I must say it seems like it is a great learner. I got a little cocky after a few hours of practice and tried to get a little air time in, I did just fine in 5-10 second bursts when I wasn't getting up to high but lets just say I crashed it and did this and it was a pretty good crash and I plopped it down hard on its' skids several times(and i mean hard a couple of times) and it didn't hurt it. Seems like a good learner so far. :bigthumb:

I must give MAD props to Radds school of flight. Without it I probably would have given up on this because it would be to hard. If you really follow his system your skills improve very quickly (relatively speaking). When I finish Radd's school I will let you know what I think of it at that point.
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Checkout HeliDirect ... I got parts there for my Honeybee and they were really reasonably priced...
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:35 am

Does anyone know what the TRN (trainer) switch is for?

Also, can anyone give me any tips on installing the training gear? I have it all assembled (4 sticks into disc, 1 clear thing on each side of the ball to stop it) and I also have 4 zip ties on it, it came with with 8 so I am guessing I need to put 4 more on it. Does anyone have any tips or a pictorial on setting training gear up? It is the basic standard training gear (from xheli)
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:08 am

To answer your "Training Kit": question...

Center the training kit "DISK & Sticks, Balls" under your "SKIDS", then put the zip ties on each (Stick & Skid part, where they touch) and slowly tighten each one up tho not fully tightened, center the disk and tighten fully, then move things around until the disk is Centered and Cut Off the excess from the Zip Ties...

The 2-Training Kits I have cam with instructions and diagrams so you can see how they should be positioned, not sure if yours did or not...

P.S., the Trainer TRN button if it is on your Transmitter (Radio) may be for when you have the Training Software for you to install on your Computer and learn to fly before you actually take the Heli up for a Ride...

Not sure about the TRN Switch I know everyone else here prolly does... hehe :giggle:
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:33 am

You use trn switch when you connect two tx with trainer cable. You push it to give control to your student tx, but when he is gonna crash you release trn switch and get back heli control.
Hope you understand! :prop:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rotor Head Problem please help   Rotor Head Problem please help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rotor Head Problem please help
Page 1 of 1