RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

I got robbed again by bad parts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

I got robbed again by bad parts Empty
PostSubject: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:00 pm

This is what I ordered EK5-0342A

I got robbed again by bad parts XEK5-0342A2

So I go to put the blade grips on and they dont fit. Now I am not totally
surprised because if you know my history with esmart parts, well its
not good.

Between the old one and the new one there is .003" difference on the shaft.

thats not my only problem either. I cant fix my esmart anyway because the part I need
doesnt exsist anymore. Yup the L shaped tail control peice.

I have spent $250 in the last 2 repairs, I am tapped out. I cant afford to buy whole
new tail unit to fly. It really pisses me off when I think about this whole deal.

It took me almost the entire summer to get the thing to fly and now I am done
over a $2 part. Not to mention all the really bad brand new parts from esky.

The bill for this summers Esmart adventure is $1100. Not say'n Esky sucks but If
I would just have bought something else with product support I wouldnt be in this mess.

.003" what the F#$K. That is some really bad quality. Thanks Esky.........
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Commiseration ...   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Sorry to hear about that.

You must feel like you've been socked in the gut. And after the whole summer, like having gone three rounds with Mike Tyson.

You Take Care;

Mick
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Tail slider!!   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:40 am

AHHHHH, All is NOT lost my grounded friend!!!! I have come up with a very cheap work around to the L-shaped Tail pitch slider!!!! Parts from the SWIFT are used..and they total 8.00!!!! I will have a detailed fix with photos Maybe tomorrow(I've got to work on this sportster motor) or Sunday at the latest!!! The parts needed are.......

CNE537...Tail pitch slider.....$4.99
CNE538...Tail Pitch Lever.....$2.99

From Helicopter World (heli-world.com)
It does involve drilling a new hole in the side plate of your metal tail box..Not sure if it will work with the plastic box yet but I will check that also...

I've also Crazy Glued a broken one and it seems very strong so far, but with a flight critical part it is touchy... I will need to know how to auto safely before testing it....LOL
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:02 pm

oh crap, I wish I would have known you were gonna buy that upgrade hub otherwise I would have told you that they are all cut too big. I had to do quite a bit of griding on the one I bought a while back, I did end up getting it to work but wow what a PIA
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:17 pm

I had that exact problem with the tail hub!
I even ordered another one from another supplier and it's the same.

What I did was chuck up the hub in my drill and then used a dremel with a sanding drum. Spun up the hub and then lightly moved the dremel back and forth along the shaft. Measuring a lot, it took about 5 minutes to cut it down. I then did another one for the next crash.
Yes it is a PITA, though!
===
I really look forward to seeing your mod for the tail, FD!
I am also on my last L shaped slider.

Best,
Kent
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks Guys, Sounds like I will have to chuck it up on the drill press and take it down
some. Really need a L-shaped tail slider mod. and if it is cheap and easy enough I might
get more fly'n in this year. If not I am out till next year. Bummer.....Even my 450 is in
need of parts I cant buy. So right now I am not expecting to fly for threst of the year.

I almost want to ask for donations :giggle: I am try'n to stay calm about this and just
thinking to myself that there is always next summer.

FD, let us know about the tail deal because that will be my only hope of continuing
to fly this year.....
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:42 am

Man, I'm really sorry I'm slow with this... BBut rest assured it WILL WORK!!!! I have the parts and have mocked it up!!! It might not be quite as smooth as the right part but it is gonna work!!!! I will really try to get the pix and description up by Tues..!! I say order the parts if you want to fly!!! I also have the part from some other heli that someone put up ,I believe it was you?? Mr. S??? And expect that to arrive tomorrow..
For the fix I have now with the Swift parts I need to do a little griding and drill one hole and the rest is just put it together!! I'll try to do it tonight!! No promise, I do have something else I'm needed for!!!Wink,Wink!!

Have you tryed crazy glue??? I did one and it seems strong!!??? It will take balls to try it out though!!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:48 am

I couldnt find all the pieces at the crash site. I am missing the part that connects to
the round piece of the slider. So I cant glue or anything.

I did get the part from the Kyosho caliber 30 and it has promise but will not
be a bolt up part either. It seems like it will work but the piece that it bolts
to that comes off the tail housing needs to be removed and a new one made.

I will have everything to fly so if I can get something to work without buying
a whole new tail right now, I will be able to keep fly'n.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:50 am

Oh, I did put the tail piece in the drill press and was able to reduce the shaft
thickness and it should work fine now.

Good advise guys, Thanks............
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Tail   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:58 am

OK dude,,, I took a censored load of pix last night.... I will post them with an explanition of what to do.. Orded the parts I've suggested above...It WILL WORK!!!!! I've got to go rescue my daughter now so when I get back...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Tail slider!!   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:51 pm

I just finnished up the tail pitch slider fix on my metal!!!!!
I haven't flown it yet but IT WORKS PERFECT!!!!! Pictures I took are shitty so I'll do them again tonight start to finnish!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Ok cool! I have my heli all back together now and just waiting to get the tail done....
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 pm

This is very cool, FD!!
I can't wait to see it, too!
Kent
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Tail   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:10 pm

If you have the parts it will take 10 min.. And I discovered there is no need to drill!! They have givin us a very nice slot the eintire side of the box!!!
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:11 pm

I could overnight ship you my camera if that might help!!!!!!
Kent
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Tail Pix!!   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Thanks!! But no need.. I've taken more and I'm downloading them now!!!! I will then start the post!! I will also be refering to the ESMART manual so get it out!!!! Stay tuned..
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: HOW TO!!!   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:36 am

OK Guys...Here it is..Please bear with me....
I got robbed again by bad parts DSCF0005-8

These are the stock parts..

I got robbed again by bad parts DSCF0006-7
Disasemble the pitch assy. like this. and set aside.. and get the Swift parts...like below
I got robbed again by bad parts DSCF0014-5
take them apart too. the brass tube like part goes thru the part the lever goes to then treads into the link ends.take the brass ESKY part and slide it thru the Swift part with the ball and tread it into the ESKY link ends if you tighten it to much it will bind up so check and tighten only as needed. Set aside, this is what you will use!!
Go to the heli tail box..
Now, below you will see a CNC nub like part screwed to the box.. go from the left side like shown and remove it from the box

I got robbed again by bad parts DSCF0025-1
I got robbed again by bad parts DSCF0026-1
Hopefully you can see in this shot there is a lip on the nub?? You need to remove the lip..I took a small saw and cut it back then a file to smooth it down..
I got robbed again by bad parts DSCF0027-1
Now.. using the same screw from the same side put it thru the SLOT that is already in the box and lightly tread the nub back on...
I got robbed again by bad parts DSCF0028-1
Now take the bearings from the original ESKY L slider and install then in the new SWIFT "A" lookin arm making sure you put the spacer in the middle. Now pop together the two SWIFT parts. The ball fits very tight in the scocket so be careful... also find the silver bushing..that will go between the "A" arm and the NUB you filed flat. Slide the assembely on the tail shaft... Using the allen screw from the orig. stuff... slide it up thru the new arm and silver spacer and thread into the NUB...DO NOT TIGHTEN YET!!
I got robbed again by bad parts DSCF0015-5
This is now what you should have!!!! OK???? Now to tighten things up...THE NUB.... you will need to install the tail rotor ASSY. with blades.. as you now move the "A" arm to make the blades pitch you kinda need to let the nub find the spot it wants to be, without binding..With the blades stright(no pitch) the arm should be about square..undernieth...now the nub will NOT be all nice and flush and square..It will be turned just a little, you should have about a 1/4 inch of the slot in back showing..
Play around with it a little to find just that right spot and add lock tite.. same with the allen pivot but not too tight so it binds.. you should now be good to go with that.. you will also need to move the rod from the servo to under the boom(I think you can figure that out)..
Also, be careful to set up travel so it stops from pulling to much forward or the sliderwill hit the nub!!!

I'm sorry this took so long and is soo ugly of a explanition and photos...If anyone needs more or something else please ask!!!!

Last edited by Fatdaddy on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:50 am

The images don't display, except for the last one.

Maybe the images need to be hosted and referenced? Dunno ...

Mick
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: I just don't know!!   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:00 am

Yea I saw that and went and did the best I could at this tims..When you see where an image isnot it will be at the bottom..They are in order as they should be in the text..Please try to go down to see the pix when you read the text..It should not be too hard to figure out!!!!! If anyone cannot let me know And I'll try to do it over....The only I can get a pix up is to use "insert flash"
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:05 am

Think you can figure it out???? The pix with my finger pointing at the nub ios not showing where it goes in the end it goes at the slot.. first time I drilled a hole there and it didn't work it bound up so I used the slot and it now works sweet....

If anyone has a prob. I will redo it..Maybe I will anyway...
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:03 pm

I am installing the control peice from the kyosho caliber 30. I am almost done with it.
I like have'n the upper and lower supports on the tail shaft slider like stock does
and the caliber does. I have problems on my 450 that uses that swift style bottom
ball system and it isnt always that smooth and develops alot of slop quickly. However,
it is better than going without.

The problem with my new system is you have to build a new (nub) the one that comes
off the tailbox. This wont be easy for everyone. The good news is that once it is made
I doubt you will damage it so you will have it forever.

I had to order a 3mmX.50 tap for the new peice and thats what I am waiting for.
I will order the parts for FD's mod for backup as it looks like it will work just fine.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:39 pm

FD - I fixed your post for you so that it displays like you originally intended, I think whats happening is, if you are copying the link for the pic and the link already has "[img]" at the beginning and end of the link then you only need to paste the link into your post, you won't need to use the picture or flash option in the reply options

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Tail   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:39 pm

And I'm waiting for the part that you have!! For the caliber.. So I will have both!!! I still am almost ready to try the one I've glued!!! I keep pickin it up and twisting and yankin on it and it seems very strong!!!! I really do think that CRAZY GLUE is it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:41 pm

can anyone see my previous post? it won't show up on my comp???
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: post   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:46 pm

No !! Your last post says nothin for me!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:47 pm

thats what I thought, I can't figure out what happened but this is what it was suppose to say

FD - I fixed your post for you so that it displays like you originally intended, I think whats happening is, if you are copying the link for the pic and the link already has "[ img ]" at the beginning and end of the link then you only need to paste the link into your post, you won't need to use the picture or flash option in the reply options
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: GREAT   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:25 pm

Thanbk you!!!!! I thinght something like I didn't need to do it that..I think thats how I've done it before..The post looks great now!!! That IS how I tryed to make it!!!!! So Thanks From Everyone who needs it!!!!
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:41 pm

This is all awesome stuff!!!

Thanks FD! And I look forward to your caliber mod, Suriano!

I have the Century parts on order!
Best,
Kent
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:16 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
And I'm waiting for the part that you have!! For the caliber.. So I will have both!!! I still am almost ready to try the one I've glued!!! I keep pickin it up and twisting and yankin on it and it seems very strong!!!! I really do think that CRAZY GLUE is it!!!!

If there is room for the repair, you should wrap thin cotton thread around the repair area and then hit that with thin CA. You talk about strong!
Kent
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Caliper   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:36 am

I received the caliper part today. I don't think it will work nearly as well..The distance from the pivot to the slider is to long. It is going to bind or come in contact with the slot in the box..
But with some.....re....enginering it might work..
Also I was thinking of the string/thread thing already.. But the glued part is really strong!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got robbed again by bad parts   I got robbed again by bad parts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got robbed again by bad parts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: