RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinot

Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive? Empty
PostSubject: Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive?   Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:35 pm

What all is required to do this? Does anyone sell a kit for it? Also, is it possible to run a different motor without changing the 4 in 1? Does anyone make one? I am debating with myself whether or not to spend $15 on an extra set of regular motors or just put that money towards upgraded parts.

Another question for nuttcaze or anyone, what do you think of metal upgrade kits for the heads of the honeybee? Seems like if you have metal stuff up there you would not have to worry about ring likes and things breaking, but then I thought that might mean something more serious breaks?

Also nuttcaze, do you not think it is necessary to keep extra paddles and an extra servo push rod set around?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive?   Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:18 pm

I only messed with a DD tail once and it didn't work worth a damn so I never bothered with it again.

As far as metal parts, the only one I really like is the cnc paddle control frame, I haven't tried the metal center hub yet so I can't help you on that one, and the rest I wouldn't bother with, but thats just me.

Keep the servo links on hand because you need the really small plastic links, but you won't need extra paddles
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive?   Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Thanks! I will just buy a spare main and tail motor. You say you don't think these motors will last long on the spares page for the v2, why do you think that? Is it because it is the same motor as before but running at a higher voltage? How often do these motors go out on average?

Just a suggestion but you might want to add the servo push rod set to your list of spares I don't think it is in there right now (unless I looked over it).
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive?   Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:46 pm

Yep, same motor higher voltage. But then again these motors are funny, sometimes they last forever and sometimes they only last a few flights. Luck of the draw I think.

Good call about the spare parts list, I'll update that soon
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive?   Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:54 pm

So maybe I would be okay without buying the motors for now? It would shave a good amount off the parts. Also, what about the center hub and the swashplate, I know you said you only broke 1 swashplate but did you break any center hubs? Are those 2 parts definite needs like rotor heads and outer paddle controls and ring likes?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive?   Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:12 pm

you'll prob be good without the swashplate but def get at least 1 center hub
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive?   Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:28 am

I'm sure it was a freak thing but the very first part I broke after many, many, many, many etc: crashes was the swashplate (now have extras), since then I have broken many skids, paddle control frames, flybars, rotor head, cracked the tail boom, canopy, and have lost countless amounts of those little clear tubes (and so on ) on my hbfp v1. I may have more spare parts than XHeli does lol

Happy flying and even better landings :prop: flyaway
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive?   Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:57 am

Well Slick Zero was out of a couple of parts but should be getting them in on wednesday. I can't say enough about Slick Zero the customer service is great, shipping is AMAZINGLY priced and FAST. Anywhoo when they get the parts in I am going to order a swashplate, servo push rod set, and some outer paddle control frames.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive?   Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nuttcaze, upgrade the HB FP V2 to direct drive?
Page 1 of 1