RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Top Blades stop spinning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bmrlvigil

Top Blades stop spinning Empty
PostSubject: Top Blades stop spinning   Top Blades stop spinning I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:10 am

HI Guys,
I'm a newbie and have read ALOT of info on RC heli's. Finally bought my first heli. I bought a Walkera 53Q3 and out of the box I started having problems with the top blades not spinning. I remember seeing Nuttcaze's video on the Blazing Star, that was having the same problem a while back, but can't find it now. Can someone PLEASE give me some info on how to correct this problem. Thank You

B
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Top Blades stop spinning   Top Blades stop spinning I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Maybe motor is dead? Or crystal is not making good contact. Try to remove crystal from tx/rx and bend contacts a LITTLE bit towards each other. Then insert crystals back to their places :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
bmrlvigil

PostSubject: Re: Top Blades stop spinning   Top Blades stop spinning I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Sorry for not giving more info, The heli is 2.4 so it does not have any crystals. As far as the motor, I switched the connections around at the 4-1 and now the bottom rotors (other motor) is not spinning. The blades will start spinning, but then they stop. I have tried giving left and right rudder and sometimes that will get the blades going again but then they just stop. This is my first heli and I am kinda getting discouraged. I dont know if I should just try and get a different heli. I have searched for a solution to my problem but can't find one. Someone PLEASE help...

B
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Top Blades stop spinning   Top Blades stop spinning I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Try to remove (unscrew) motors and then try them. You'll clearly see that motors are spinning or they are dead Wink
Back to top Go down
bmrlvigil

PostSubject: Re: Top Blades stop spinning   Top Blades stop spinning I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:18 pm

I tried that also. Both motors are good. I dont know if maybe there may be a problem with the 4-1, or the Tx, or the adjustment on the 4-1. I have not tried to make any adjustments on the 4-1, just not comfortable doing that at this point without reading up a little more on it. I know that the Blazing Stars were having the same problem and Nuttcaze had a vid on the issue that I saw quite a while back. I cant find the vid now. I sent him a PM but he must be busy cause I have not heards back from him yet.

B
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Top Blades stop spinning   Top Blades stop spinning I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:22 pm

the conclusion I came too about the rotors stopping sppining was that its caused by throttleing up too slowly, the internal gyro senses that there is no rotation to counteract so it stops spinning one set of rotors, but even if throttling up quicker doesn't help then it sounds like you have a bad motor.

The reason my vid isn't up anymore is because from now on I'm really not gonna have anything to do with any helis except ESky, that and I'm not exactly happy with xheli and their companies, I signed up for an ad program with them 4 months ago and still haven't been paid my $250 in commission, meantime because of my ads they did an additional $5000+ worth of business just through my website alone. And I'm still waiting to be paid orange3
Back to top Go down
bmrlvigil

PostSubject: Re: Top Blades stop spinning   Top Blades stop spinning I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Thank You Nuttcaze, I will delete the other thread. I also sent you a PM. Thanks again

B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Blades stop spinning   Top Blades stop spinning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Blades stop spinning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: General RC Questions-
Jump to: