RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

anti crash kit

Go down 
+2
P3tras
lonstar70
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lonstar70

lonstar70

anti crash kit Empty
PostSubject: anti crash kit   anti crash kit I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:30 pm

I got the anti crash kit from xheil, and either I'm just an idiot or it is totally not compatible with the HB FP V2. It simply WILL NOT square up on the landing gear, no matter what I do. Can anyone offer any insight into this? Am I dong something wrong? I know I have it put together correctly. It matches with the photo on the website, but it does not fit on the landing gear like the the picture.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

anti crash kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti crash kit   anti crash kit I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:33 pm

Use zip ties to secure rods on the skids and then connect them all to the hub (where all rods should attach)
Back to top Go down
lonstar70

lonstar70

anti crash kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti crash kit   anti crash kit I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:39 pm

P3tras wrote:
Use zip ties to secure rods on the skids and then connect them all to the hub (where all rods should attach)

They slide all around if I do it that way... angry032
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

anti crash kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti crash kit   anti crash kit I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:20 pm

normally you can find a way to ziptie them to the skids so that they don't move, you may have to use a few zipties for this but there isn't too many ways to keep them on
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

anti crash kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti crash kit   anti crash kit I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:43 pm

lonstar70 wrote:
It simply WILL NOT square up on the landing gear, no matter what I do.

It won't square up but the rods are flexible enough to get them in place. It's great for sliding around on smooth surfaces but it can't absorb too many hard landings.

FYI, If they break, you can cut them down smaller and reuse it. Make sure you tape where you'll be cutting so it doesn't splinter. A dremel works great.
Back to top Go down
lonstar70

lonstar70

anti crash kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti crash kit   anti crash kit I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:00 am

HITMAN808 wrote:
lonstar70 wrote:
It simply WILL NOT square up on the landing gear, no matter what I do.

It won't square up but the rods are flexible enough to get them in place. It's great for sliding around on smooth surfaces but it can't absorb too many hard landings.

FYI, If they break, you can cut them down smaller and reuse it. Make sure you tape where you'll be cutting so it doesn't splinter. A dremel works great.

I have it sort of working...
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

anti crash kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti crash kit   anti crash kit I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:41 am

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't figure this out at first! Went through a couple of sets of zip ties until I figured out a way to secure it.

they really should include some sort of picture though.
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

anti crash kit Empty
PostSubject: training balls   anti crash kit I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 6:30 pm

put the balls together on the center hub. Set heli on top of it. centered and level. Put zip tie around the fiber rod, cross the vertical and horixontal part of your skid. Pull almost tight. do all 4. have some one hold heli steady, centered and level. Pull zip ties tight. I have a photo, but i can't get it to post on here. My e-mail is ccowboyearl01@yahoo.com. Send me yours and i'll foward a photo.

@
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

anti crash kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti crash kit   anti crash kit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anti crash kit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: General RC Questions-
Jump to: