RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Flight Report For The Day

Go down 
+13
247rememberme
HITMAN808
P3tras
--==AxeL==--
Bert
davesheli
Mozzy
jackyl71
burton8012
Donnie D
Fatdaddy
Pittnuma
Nuttcaze
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Flight Report For The Day Empty
PostSubject: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:43 pm

So I was chattin with Tommy S yesterday and he was telling me about his progress with the Belt CP V2 (He's one of those people who was/is able to start on a CP from the beginning, but hes got previous rc experience from years ago too). But I was happy to hear of his progress so what about everyone else, how are the rest of you progressing? If you have time, give us a flight report of the days progress flyaway
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Subject: Flight Report Pitt   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Ok Flight Report of a noob

Flights so far going well on the HBFP V2 (10 batteries worth on HB and 1 on CP)

Damage done so far:

1 x Paddle Control Frame
1 x Ring like Push Rod
1 x Tail Fin (lost part of it so I have to use the training wheels now just to keep the tail off whilst I await spares availability (wish they would hurry up!)) I do have a DD tail but have not put it on as of yet. I tried epoxying it back on but obviously not worked as the green tail now lies somewhere in a green field. Anybody fancy a treasure hunt!?!
1,000,000 x rotor head popping off. (Ever so slight exaggeration, but not by much!)

Tail in hover going very well, I feel very comfortable with no wind holding her steady. Most of my flying has been with a breeze so I am progressing quite well.
Figure 8's at any height I feel comfortable with.
Nose in hover progressing slowly.

Still prone to bouts of over confidence bordering on recklessness, crash inevitably follows!

CP V2 has been out once but still requires setup before I venture out properly plus I await the training gear for that it's a lot more twitchy.

All in all going well.

Pitt

Oh forgot to add that the Venom Night Ranger 2 I had before the HB & CP was thankfully flogged at a car boot sale, it will not be sorely missed. Only thing that heap taught me was be wary of 2nd hand helis. Never liked it from the moment I got it.

Last edited by Pittnuma on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: CP   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:13 pm

I also started with/on a CP heli!!1 Never flown a coax or FP!!!!! Started with a HBK2!!!! I'm glad!! I think it was the right thing for me.. It also got me to be able to build/REbuild better sooner!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Getting to where I can fly around pretty well in my mild fashion with my Belt CP and E-Smart. Still practicing nose in hovering with my HBFP. Can actually hover nose for several seconds at the time now as long as I concentrate so hard that my eyes bleed. But I'm gettin there. Still working on my Bell 47 scale build, and with Fatdaddys help, I believe that bugger is gonna fly one day.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: CP and BELL   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:30 pm

DD that Bell IS GONNA FLY!!!! We are gonna have so much power, you are gonna have trouble keepin the blades on it!!!!!LOL

The other thing.. vSince Nuttsey mentioned it,, I'm now wondering how many guys started with CP helis???? I guess it really is the minority, but there has got to be a few???Right??? So guys please let us know!!!! Did you start out with a CP right off or did you go Coax or FP????
Really got me curious!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
DD that Bell IS GONNA FLY!!!! We are gonna have so much power, you are gonna have trouble keepin the blades on it!!!!!LOL

The other thing.. vSince Nuttsey mentioned it,, I'm now wondering how many guys started with CP helis???? I guess it really is the minority, but there has got to be a few???Right??? So guys please let us know!!!! Did you start out with a CP right off or did you go Coax or FP????
Really got me curious!!

That sounds good my main man. I can't wait to get her in the air. Gonna show her off at next years Funfly I hope.

As for what I started out with, I started with coax heli's and then moved to my HBFP. If I had it to do over though, I'd go streight to the HBFP.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:13 am

fought a falcon 40 begin of AUG broke head core 5 min after it got..... 1 week later repair parts and belt cp v2 came in the mail that i ordered.... practiced on the falcon til it broke 10 min later then used the belt cp untill more repair parts came for the falcon 40...realize the falcon 40 sucked so then ordered HBFP got down the hover and moving around a lil bit in my living room....put that aside for a lil while and started hovering and moving around a lil bit with the belt cp out side doing good then 5 batterys later in the pool for a swim it went......used hbfp while my new esc comes in the mail to fix the belt (Only the esc got blown from the pool crash) then started flying around only tail in around the front of the house....last two weeks been flying tail in back and forth side to side all around the front of my house #46 li-po through belt and only 3 crashes i guess thats not bad for onlt starting thi bobby Aug second(Mark my batterys after every charge to see how many cycles i get out og them all ... so basicly i pratice dping new things with the HBFP then i go and see if i can do the same with the Belt cp tryig to learn and predict how its going to move im at the point where my tumb is basicly moving around keeping the heli steady with out thinking to much... i kinda like know how the heli is going to react and i make the correct imputs before it happens with out thinking kinda hard to explain
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: COOL   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:37 am

No need to explain, we know!! I think that is how it works for most everyone..Sounds like you are doin GREAT!!!! Good luck and keep it up!!

OH and DD got to pick the date for next years FatDaddy's FlyIn!!!
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm getting more and more confident with each every battery. I am hovering pretty decently, but not with much altitude yet. I get about an hour of time at dusk each night when the wind drops off, but there is still enough daylight to play around. Plus I am still limited by 1 battery and 6 hours of charge time.

I have become quite intimate with my Belt CP v2 in the past weeks...
Since I started, I've had a few blade touches, and one good crash. I've broken a set of wooden stock blades (destroyed), a Blade Clamp, bent flybar, broken main gear, bent/crushed tail boom (from the rotor blades hitting it), horizontal stabilizer (fixed with superglue), warped main shaft (straightened), bent feathering shaft (replaced), and a few other little parts I don't remember.

I also broke off one of the little push-pins from one of the canopy pins the other night. I drilled out the middle, inserted a small screw, and then 'reformed' the screwhead with my Dremel... No need to order a replacement from China NOW!

@FD... I am starting with a CP, not having flown anything more than a FP, 2ch toy POS heli. From all I have read here, I know I am in the minority. But I ain't skeert! I just have to be that much more careful and take it more slowly... (because my pockets aen't that deep for fitting big repair bills).
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ????   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:35 pm

Hey Bud, Don't quite understand.. You DID fly a FP?? or only your Belt CP?? Never having flown a FP myself I can relate if thats what your starting with(Belt) I started with a Honey Bee King... I rebuilt that crazy little bird more times than I can remember or care to..!! But like I said, I think it was the right thing for me...I love working on them and I really got the chance!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Hey guys,

I lost count of the batteries I've flown with my HK-450 without crashing. It is a great feeling, just buzzing around. Two weeks ago flying circles clockwise were was not that easy, while counter clockwise was fine.
Weird mind games Crazysmile
Now that is solved. Turned the Expo down to 7. Getting more and more confident with every battery/flight.

I am up for a new challenge, what's next? I am already practicing loops and rolls with Clearview. But not ready to do it in the real world.

I've bought a HKH-500 kit. Looking forward to building the baby!
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:43 pm

@FD...
Sorry about that. The only OTHER heli than my Belt was just a toy. While it does fly, it only has 3 throttle stages, and L/R tail control. No cyclic. Of course I can crash it into about ANYTHING (and I think I have) from seemingly any height, and have not damaged anything more than the canopy.

My Belt is my first hobby model, and so far I really like it. It's taking a while to get comfortable with it, and after my first real crack-up, i've been a bit more gun-shy, a little less 'cavalier' in my practicing. Right now, my biggest challenge is time. Time to practice, and batteries...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:17 pm

Got it 71 !!!, You keep at it and you will get it!!!!! Look up RADDS school of rotary flight and lookit over.... If you try it you will get unbelievable control of the heli.... Throttle and tail!!!! I found it to be very usefull.. You might too..!!
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm still in the learning to hover stage but getting a lot better at it (a lot of wind for some reason here). I flew about 6 batterys Monday with a lot of controled crashes and a few just plain crashes and broke two outer paddle control frames in a row (that will make you mad) so I stopped while I was a head lol. Tuesday, I flew 2 batterys with no problems, great hovers (no wind), good controled crash landings. I was so happy with my self that I forgot I had not unpluged the battery and I turned off my Tx while holding the Bee and you know what happened next (1st time ever so far), it spun up and scared the crap out of me while hitting my arm (no marks, ok just my pride got hurt, those C/F blades realt don't flex any laughing013) and it broke another outer paddle control frame. Well, now down to 1 spare outer control frame left guess it's time to reorder. :chickendance:.
Bad news is after repairs done it started raining and hasn't let up much. orange4 May be time to buy a R/C boat :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:04 pm

We are in the 7th day of raining, strong gusts from the west, and wet paviment and grass (mostly by the hurricane in the Pacific).

So like the Discovery in Florida: all flight plans are cancelled until new news orange3
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:33 pm

Bert wrote:
We are in the 7th day of raining, strong gusts from the west, and wet paviment and grass (mostly by the hurricane in the Pacific).

So like the Discovery in Florida: all flight plans are cancelled until new news orange3

:hahaha: :crylaugh: :hahaha: :crylaugh: :hahaha: :crylaugh: :hahaha: :crylaugh:

Yea I know the feeling headbeat
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Hey Guys,

I started with a Belt CP V2. Got it in August. Still practising tail in, pretty much got that sorted now though, taken training legs off too :bigthumb: . Am practising side hovers on sim now. Also got new charger so getting more flights in, it's a blessing not having to wait 6 hours for e-sky charger anymore orange58 Had one big altercation with a pear tree, apart from that there has only been the odd rotor clip or hard landing. Still have a tendency to 'chop' the throttle when I get in trouble orange53 I try and practise whenever I can, even in fairly gusty winds orange6 and I have to say that the lift the wind generates orange1 Fortunately I haven't lost her yet. Just got new CopterX, so I will use my V2 to practise with and hopefully be more confident when I get around to flying the 'X' orange68 By the way, the CopterX is top quality for the money orange71

AxeL
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: XXXXX   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:08 pm

I've been lookin at the Black Angel myself!!!! I need a rotor head for a 450 and I'm lookin at the BA head too..!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:11 pm

smooth as silk

Took my ES600 out today, awesome as ever, stuck a 22.2v 2650mAh in and went up for some loops, did like 10 in a row, it was crazy but oh soo much fun. :prop:
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: My Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:49 pm

GREAT flyin today!!!! 4- 8+min. flights with the "E" and 5 6+min with the EXI 500 and of course 2 flights with the king!!!! The "E" fly's great!! Very steady and smooth!! I find that I'm really flyin much further away from myself everytime.. I'm flyin very smooth myself, I've got down the banked turnd in both directions. .I'm doin much better with my flyin towards myself, not always tail in!! I'm really having a ball flying the "E"!!!!!
The EXI is soooooo fast now It really susprized me!! I almost was scared of it at first but it is so easy to fly, like the "E" it became fun before the first battery was done.. Same thing with it, flyin smooth and steady,,I think it really wants to go.. It might very well be the one I work on the loops and rolls with..But I really don't want to crash it!!! Did I say how FAST this bird is WOW!!!! GREAT DAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:03 am

4 day with the Belt and 2nd crash of its life orange3 But i have to say it was still a good fly session.

Finally yesterday at afternoon we had a clear sky, so I took the risk with the wind and let the beast fly again.

Still with the training gear, I could finally make it fly like almost the meter... But what amazed me was the great stability my Belt had with strong gusts... even with hard gusts who pulled it from the left, the damn beast could hold his hover position. fly high

It means alot for me, cuz it gives me the indication than I'm progressing with the hovering even in strong wind gusts conditions, and the remarkable design and capabilities of the Esky's Belt CP V2. I am totally in love of this machine. orange74

The accident was my fault: I lost the control and the Belt turned to the left, went backwards and leading to my right leg... so I couldnt recover it and didnt have other option that make it land fast... the traning gear flow and hits my mouth (no harm, thank God stretcher ), I broke one blade, flybar and tail boom twisted, and harm in main gear... Hard landing but not so much damage at all.

By this, I definitly took the decision to bring with the spare parts the HBFPV2 (Red)... I need more practice with a single rotor heli strong enough to receive good hits... and it will help me to save money for repairs in the Belt (Good have mercy of my budget).

I just hope i can learn and fly even with gusts... We will see if it is a real "fly tank" :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:05 pm

Well, yesterday I did my first loops with my belt cp V2 orange71 When FD told about his first loops, I decided it is time to them it on my belt. They are not that hard as I though. For me they are much easier than flying in circles or in nose in orange53 I even did 2 loops in a row flyaway Still not as good as Nuttcaze 10 loops in a row headbeat But well it was my first day of looping. But there was a crash yesterday. When I was lowering my altitude and added throttle motor just shut down redface It felt from pretty high. But thank good it felt on a grass. Only feathering shaft, flybar, and super glued skid broke. It was third crash that week not from pilot error (well pilot error was on the ground).
First crash: Pinion gear came loose. It was sitting tight for more than month. Only one skid broke
Second crash: Also pinion gear came loose. I installed new 10t pinion and tried it. The screw hole was drilled in a wrong position so I needed to glue pinion. When I was testing heli pinion came loose. No real damage. Just my super glued skid broke
Third crash: I didn't like how belt flies with 10t pinion, so I installed my old, almost wearied out 11T pinion. I flied (with loops) two battery packs without any complains. But when I was flying with third time motor just shut down. First I though that pinion came loose. But on the ground I saw that pinion gear is in its place. So I think that it is ESC fault. Feathering shaft, flybar, and super glued skid broke.
Thank good that I have all parts to fly again (except skid, but I will super glue it again)
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: COOL!!   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:01 pm

Way to go DUDE!!! I'm really glad you went for it.. I'm on hold due to the crash of my SCREAMER...I'm gonna have to start trying with something else cause I have no more parts for the SCREAMER and they are NOT available!!! So I need to switch to a 5mm shaft and new head..!! And I'd like to get an OUTRAGE G5 but its 130.00 and I can get others for much less!!
But to you I say GREAT!!!!! Keep it up..!!
Let me know when you get the package I sent..!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:08 pm

Thanks FD for the good words orange74 You sent the package on Monday via airmail right? If yes, I should get it about next Monday.
P.S. I even tried to do forward loops. But it didn't go very well. Back loops are easier. Now I think, is it hard to do rolls? orange78
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ROLLS   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:28 pm

Now they say Rolls and loops are both easy..Go to RCHeliMag.com and look up the flight school. they have good explainations for both!!
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: From HAWAII   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:10 pm

1st heli HBFP V1
Started with training gear for 2 weeks, then took it off and just "went with it". Able to hover tail in....but nose in is a different story. Flew about 30 batteries on this bird.
Broke: 2 paddle control, a flybar, skids, boom and canopy looks like @#$% :giggle: ....but I love it!

My neighbors are tripping out seeing this little heli soaring about 30 ft high then crashing to the ground when I loose control. I just straighten the blades and fly it again.

2nd heli HBFP V2
Placed new battery in and 4in1 fried instantly. Just received new 4in1 today (waited 3 weeks for part).....will fly it tonight.

[u]3rd heli BELT CP V2
Still in the box. Been so busy with work and family things haven't had a chance to set it up. sad122

I can't say enough that the HBFP is a solid bird.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:55 pm

You may want to look at my thread "nose in or bust" under the 4 ch forum and try that method to learn. It has taken me awhile, but it is working for me. I'm gettin there, and it feels great when you finally can hover nose in if even only for a few seconds.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:55 am

Installed new 4in1 on HBFP V2......took it outside for a test flight.......ALRIGHT!!!!! :bigthumb:

Now to tackle the Belt CP V2 before it's covered with too much dust :giggle:
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Yesterday in the afternoon, before did a set up to my Honey Bee, i put it to fly...

Wow! the thing is hard to control! I am amazed the Belt is more easy to control than the HB (or maybe I felt it in that way). But the thingy is strong for the size, and looks to be faster... one day I will be able to fly it at its full capacity.

What took me lot of time, was the tail motor speed, it tend to move the nose to the right, and i had to spend a couple of hours and 2 bats to adjust it. It stills tend to go to the right, but way less since my pre set up.

I was thinking if Nutt has or can make a video about how to welde the wires of the motors if we need to change them. I'm not an especialist in weldifing electronics and that wiil be very helpfull :bigthumb:

Still in the fight to fly... :prop:
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:22 pm

went out,blowing a gale,came back in,opened bottle of Mr Weisers finest,REALLY HAPPY :grinn:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flight Report For The Day   Flight Report For The Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flight Report For The Day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next