RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Blade Length

Go down 
+5
akent
suriano
P3tras
Nuttcaze
coptercrazy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
coptercrazy

coptercrazy

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:24 am

I'm new with my ES600 so I don't want to spend alot on a set of main blades. 2cents I was looking around at Heli Direct for a set of 550mm woodies and found them to be sold out. orange4
Now, my heli is the all metal version with the long boom 632mm. Looking further I found the same woodies for a dollar more $19.99 in the 600mm length. My question is will this length blade be a problem? The blades balanced very nice with only one piece of tape and they look great! :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:25 am

You really don't want to use Woodies on the ES600, it has a bad habit of ripping the plastic right off the blades, its happened to me twice and also Blazemob had the same thing happen, its very loud and kinda scary when it happens, so instead here are the 2 sets of blades I use, both from HeliDirect

SWE Semi-symmetrical CF Carbon Fiber 530mm Main Blade - $63.90

Blade Length SWE-530SC1

550mm PRO 3D CF Carbon Fiber main blade - $41.40

Blade Length CFblade
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:25 pm

I think it rips covering off because of crappy esky plastic. My belt cp also rips plastic covering from esky blades. But it never ripped plastic from other brands (or more correctly 'no name') blades orange68
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:31 pm

I dont trust wood blades, but many do without problems.

I think 600mm blades would work just fine for leasure flights around the feild.

I use wood on my 450 they work fine, just not for any hard stunts.....
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:45 pm

even with the better wood blades it still rips the covering off, its just not a good idea to use woodies on this unless you're just hovering but even then I still wouldn't use them, imo orange68
Back to top Go down
akent

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:33 pm

I also think that woodies don't belong on these helis, unless you use a much smaller pinion with very low headspeeds. If you are running the stock setup with the 12t pinion, then they could explode on you. The stock setup ends up at a very high headspeed with moderate transmitter settings.

There are some FRP blades at helidirect that I have used on smaller helis. They are very high quality and I would not hesitate to run them on the ES600. These are darn near as stiff as many CF blades.
The 550's are here, for $18.90:
http://www.helidirect.com/550mm-pro-frp-fiberglass-main-blade-p-11215.hdx

I have never run them this big, but I have the 325's. These are a wonderful blade for $6.30! I bought a set and then 4 more sets. I have used 3 sets and NONE of them needed any balancing and they tracked perfectly as well. Very impressive.
Kent
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:48 pm

I have also had great results with FG blades. Way better than wood and the price is great.
The blades on my ES600 were FG untill I wrecked them. I paid $24 on eBay.....550mm
Back to top Go down
akent

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:14 pm

One thing about the 3D Pro blades above.

They are hit or miss on quality. I bought 2 sets. The first set had a good CG, and needed not a lot of tape to balance. Unfortunately, I crashed those.

The second set has a horrible CG, so took LOTS of tape to correct. Then the balance was also horribly off. I wish I could have sent those back. Those are in my signature picture. All dat red tape!! Ugly!
Kent
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:13 pm

I might just be lucky but both sets of 3D blades I bought from HD balanced great and they track great too, at least on mine, I just finished installing my GY502 gyro, wow what a difference over the Telebee, still glad I spent soo much time with that before going to a nicer gyro, but it really did make my ES600 alot smoother somehow, my ES600 flies great, smooth and stable orange68
Back to top Go down
akent

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
I might just be lucky but both sets of 3D blades I bought from HD balanced great and they track great too, at least on mine, I just finished installing my GY502 gyro, wow what a difference over the Telebee, still glad I spent soo much time with that before going to a nicer gyro, but it really did make my ES600 alot smoother somehow, my ES600 flies great, smooth and stable orange68

I just ordered another set of the 3d pro's as well as a set of the FRP's above. I'm hoping the second pair is a fluke. I'll post a review of the FRP's, if anyone is interested. They sure are cheap!

Yeah, doesn't a good gyro just make your heli into a whole new one????
I have also read good things about the Gy502.

When I first installed the Sparton on the 500 to replace a G401B, it was like HOLY COW!!! What is this thing? SOLID as a rock, and the Sparton has adjustable locked in piro rates! These also have a built in adjustable expo that makes the tail just oh so smooth!

Someday though, see if you can borrow or steal a Sparton. There are reasons the pros use em! The price came way down, too, and they are available now. You couldn't find em for a long time. I'm running one on my 500 and now also on my 450. I have an Align GP750 on the ES600 now, but if I can get this heli working really well, it will get an upgrade! You should read the reviews at Helidirect on the Sparton! I agree with all of them. Oh well, sorry to go on about the Sparton, but it's just food for thought for the future.

It took a lot of tinkering to get my 500 dialed in just right, so I'm just in learn mode on the ES600. It's not there yet, but I'll tinker until it is!

I don't remember posting here, but you can get an ES600 Pro kit (003K) for $200 from Helidirect right now. I got one! Well, it was from Ebay. I bid and won an auction for $177 and they came back and offered it for $200. I think if you send an email and offer them $200, they would take it. They are dumping them, me thinks.

Take care,
Kent
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Gyro's   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:35 pm

HEY Boys, Have any of you guys tryed the Logictech 2100 yet?? I just wondering if its just me or is it really as good as I think?? I'm not really a great pilot yet but I can't get the tail to let go no matter what I do... Now I do fly pretty darn good backwards and thatr seems to be one of the biggest things that is tested on gyros and no matter where I plant the tail thats where it stays...Period....
I've even thought of letting someone try one of mine out to see what they think... I've only read really,really good reports about it but you know it just isn't the same as if one of you guys reports about something..
I'm thinkin of going foir the 6100 for the ultra"E" but really would like some other thoughts bout the 2100 first...

ALSO FIRST LOOP TODAY!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
Well, almost I rolled out of it at the top when inverted cause it freaked me a little...first time inverted too..on purpose!!!LOL
Rolled out,only 90' and held back cyclic circled like 3 times, (pretty tight too like a funnel , that in its self was cool...) and got back full control and flew out!!!! I was freakin shaking!!!! It was soooo cool !!!
I can't wait till tomorrow!!!!!
Back to top Go down
akent

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:01 am

Hey FD, congrats on the loop!!
My first one I did made it to where I couldn't sleep that night!!

The 2100 is one that I have never played with, but it is supposed to be pretty good. Like the Gy401, my Align GP750, or similar. Some say it is not as good as the GP750. Some might say it is better.
I have NEVER heard of anyone talking of anything better than a Sparton!

The GP750 in my ES600 is amazing (relative), in that it holds the tail perfectly. It is much better feeling than the Gy401 or the G401B clone that I used to run.

You need to be able to play with a Sparton. Then you will know.

Best,
Kent
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Well, Well   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:24 am

Well maybe thats where my hi dollar buy outa be!! I got the new RCHeli Mag. ,haven't read it yet, but they have some sorta review of gyros, I think....I'll go get it.. Its 13 Gyro's under 200!! So its a buyers guide..
I've even read some say the 2100 is as good as the 611 and the GP750 but as I say I'm not good enough yet to know much diff.. or maybe I am??!! Maybe I'd be crashing a lot more !!?? Just don't know...Thats why I'd really like to hear some of you guys op. of it..!! I've got it on all my helis cept the "G" which has a TelBee just because I had it,m And I've not flown that yet to see if I can feel any diff..!!
Ok I need to read... This article has...GP750,SL720,GY520,GY401,GY240,GX02,Inertia860,HiTec HG5000(I think this IS a rebranded 2100),SpartonDS760,Logictech6100,Solid GHelo Controls,and JR G7703D
Back to top Go down
coptercrazy

coptercrazy

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:48 am

Nuttcaze wrote:
even with the better wood blades it still rips the covering off, its just not a good idea to use woodies on this unless you're just hovering but even then I still wouldn't use them, imo orange68

Looks like I'll be doing some shopping. Man, I'd crap in my pants on the spot if that ever happened. I think I'll try a set of the 550 PRO 3D Carbon Fiber blades for $41.40 and also a set of 550 Fiberglass ones Kent was talking about.
I thought the subject of blades needed to be discussed. Don't know about anybody else, but , it sure opened my eyes in a scary sort of way orange54
Fatdaddy congratulations on your first successful LOOP, your on your way man!!! :bigthumb: :clap:
Thanks to everybody else for making this such a informative and interesting post. Your a great bunch of guys. orange71
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:04 am

coptercrazy wrote:
Nuttcaze wrote:

Looks like I'll be doing some shopping. Man, I'd crap in my pants on the spot if that ever happened. I think I'll try a set of the 550 PRO 3D Carbon Fiber blades for $41.40 and also a set of 550 Fiberglass ones Kent was talking about.
I thought the subject of blades needed to be discussed. Don't know about anybody else, but , it sure opened my eyes in a scary sort of way orange54
Fatdaddy congratulations on your first successful LOOP, your on your way man!!! :bigthumb: :clap:
Thanks to everybody else for making this such a informative and interesting post. Your a great bunch of guys. orange71

Scary isn't the word for the plastic ripping off in mid flight, I was hovering about 15ft from myself when the plastic came off, it sounded like a gun shot and a piece of plastic hit my car and that even sounded like a rock hit it and after Blazemob had the covering rip off his blades the last time he flew his ES600 I will never suggest anyone use wood blades on this heli, too risky, IMO
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: RIP   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:30 am

Dude, I can imanagine what the cover sounds like... Twice now I've had the little sticker that comes on the motor, the one that says ESKY, come off and get struck by the blade...WOW is all I can say bout that..
And Copter my friend, this was NOT a loop!!! But thank you very much... It was successful only because I didn't crash... Its gonna be wild when I do it with the "E"...However out of all my helis.. The "E" is clearly one of the top ones that seems like it will do this stuff without even workin hard..!!
It has got soooo much power and goes vertical so quickly and easy!! I was really high and the "E" will really help there too with its size, I was flying a 480 and it gets small fast!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:17 am

lol, the sticker coming off the motor is the second scarriest sound I've heard a heli make. orange53
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:40 am

ive got to experience the plastic blowing off woodies not once but twice lol. each time almost wrecking my E smart so no more woodies for me unles i decide to get another 450.i do like the 325 alighn woodies they were alright.
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:11 pm

Yikes, No plastic coming off but for sure the labels off the motor, that makes one hell of a sound.
will diff get your attention ASAP. He He He. gets me every time it happs orange53

sdjb
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:07 am

Congratulations Fatdaddy on your first loop!!!! :bigthumb: :clap: smiley-happy088 I think I gonna hear that sound of plastic cover ripping off laughing013 No money for cf/gf blades headbeat Maybe just rip it off before flying orange78 orange72
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: NAH   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:55 am

No don't do it!!!! Do not deprive your self of the shock and fright... At least the sticker is already off the motor,,,I think<<< Not sure can't check,,,Its on the way to you..It was mailed like last Wed....
Told me 10 days.. I put a 15.00 toy gift...on the customs form!!! I really hope you don't got to pay!!!
But you will be happy, I think there is a little extra thing I happend to have I threw it!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Thanks FD orange6 I was just joking about riping off plastic cover orange72 I am pretty sure that I won't need to pay customs taxes! And what is that little extra thing? orange78 orange6
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Xtra   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:46 pm

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! You my good youngh man are going to have to wait and see!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: EBAY 550mm blade   Blade Length I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:56 pm

wood 550mm $13.50 US $8.00 shipping first item sec $6.00 just when your starting out. :bigthumb:

orange68
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blade Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Length   Blade Length I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blade Length
Page 1 of 1