RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

new HBFP 2

Go down 
+6
shadowforce1946
P3tras
247rememberme
Nuttcaze
Trinot
backyardheli
10 posters
AuthorMessage
backyardheli

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: newbie   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi yall, I live in Laporte, Texas

New to the fp heli's :clap:
Back to top Go down
backyardheli

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:41 pm

I live in Laporte, Texas

I'm new to the fp, looks like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Trinot

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:55 pm

Welcome. I am as well. I followed Radd's school of flight and I was able to start hovering on my 3rd day of practice without breaking a single part until I started hovering and I only broke a ring like. I highly recommend it! http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! Welcome!!!! WeLcOmE!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
backyardheli

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:01 pm

I started reading it this morning after trying to move around outside and broke a ring.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:21 am

welcome sign welcome sign
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:26 am

welcome sign friend

you`re gonna love it but also at the same time it`ll drive you `crazy`

it`s REALLY hard for the first few months but if you stick with it you`ll be flying around thinking it`s the best thing ever :bigthumb:

anytime you`re stuck thinking something`s wrong just ask in here,we`re all real friendly and someone will try to help you figure it out :clap:
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:41 am

i tried the RADD method but found it wasn`t for me,too restrictive and a little boring orange44

i`m just mentioning this guys in case you`re feeling like it`s the only way to learn,some people like it others don`t so it`s just a case of doing what feels right for you.

i may probably have learnt quicker using RADD but also i may have given up if i`d carried on doing it that way orange78

which ever way you choose to learn make sure it`s fun,it`ll be sooooo frustrating at first but stick with it and you won`t regret it(get used to splashing the cash though!) orange80
Back to top Go down
backyardheli

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:15 am

Thanks 247

I have more time then anything else. i have been at home for several years taking care of the wife so boring is not an issue. have more time then money but my other hobby will kick in as xmas is coming, so i will have some mad money.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:33 pm

yeah,money sure is a major factor in this hobby orange83
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:34 am

Yeah, I really know that orange83
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 pm

i dream of winning the lottery then i`d buy 10 identical heli`s,
fly/crash/SOMEONE ELSE REPAIR/fly/crash/ etc.etc :giggle:
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: SIMULATOR   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Practice ALOT on a simulator before you ever try to fly,unless you like throwing your money away to fix it every time you crash. And you will crash. I started with a sim, Radd's school, Esky lama. Crashed lama a few times. Never broke anything. Went to honey bee 1. Now using it for parts on my 2nd hb. Never crashed 2nd 1. Have hbfp v2 and belt cp no crashes. Start slow, follow the learning rules. :clap:
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:21 pm

shadowforce1946 wrote:
Start slow, follow the learning rules. :clap:
whilst not disagreeing with you shadow i found this was sooooo boring orange4
i had FUN all the time,even when i crashed which sounds strange but it`s true orange71
RADDS and a flight sim were not for me,other people like yourself swear by them.
so what i`m trying to say is people starting out should just do what they feel is right for them orange44
to coin a phrase `each to their own` orange74
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:35 pm

247rememberme wrote:
shadowforce1946 wrote:
Start slow, follow the learning rules. :clap:
whilst not disagreeing with you shadow i found this was sooooo boring orange4
i had FUN all the time,even when i crashed which sounds strange but it`s true orange71
RADDS and a flight sim were not for me,other people like yourself swear by them.
so what i`m trying to say is people starting out should just do what they feel is right for them orange44
to coin a phrase `each to their own` orange74

I totally agree with 247, I'm an automotive tech and fabricater by trade (also have had a lot of Hot Rods in my past) so I am a very hands on person that is not any good at video games at all.... The SIM was too much like a game to me, and besides that I enjoy taking things apart and repairing them plus its a whole lot cheaper than my car is to repair :chickendance:
So now if I could just fly in the rain then this would be a perfect hobby. :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

But thats just me, every body is different, thats what is so great about this hobby and forum and brings all of us from different worlds together orange74 orange74 orange74
Back to top Go down
Trinot

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:14 pm

The other day I was going to make a post in here about Radd's. I guess I never hit the submit butten (happens a lot when I get distracted). Anywhoo, my friend was trying to skip Radd's. I thought he was doing rather good, the night he got his heli he was able to hover a decent amount without crashing (although I could tell he wasn't in control). He took it home with him to try the next day. To find out what happened when he got away from me telling him to not go that high, or don't do that read "Friend crashed his new v2"
Back to top Go down
txflyer512

txflyer512

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:44 pm

YEAH BACKYARDHELI! Im livin in Austin, so I just thought id give a shout. Good-Luck its a great hobby!
Back to top Go down
backyardheli

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Ha txflyer

Welcome to the fly and crash club for all use newbie's. I've been at it for a few months now and the weather has not been the best here and having to take care of the wife have not had much time to fly or try to in the last couple of days. What kind of heli do you fly? I have one hbfp, 4ch coaxial and a couple of 3ch's. welcome sign welcome sign
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Radds   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:24 pm

Hey dude, Welcome!!! I myself went the RADD way and I swear by it!! I tryed with nothing and learned how to rebuild/repair my Honey Bee quickly..Thats a Honey Bee King2 Not a FP.. After bout 3 weeks of crashing I did radds, and yes it does get boring but you WILL learn control of your heli and that what RADDs is all about Control not flying really!!!! If that makes sense???? RADDS will give you control and you will learn the controlS!!! I started with the HBK2 which is CP and I don't think I would be flying as good as I do without it.. But Thats me and everybody is differant !!!
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:56 pm

we should have a poll to see which way is more popular.....

RADD`s great control,but slightly boring or....... :clap:

bunny-hopping,crashing/repairing but great fun........ :clap:

don`t really know which would be more popular,my guess tho` would be RADD`s :clap:
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Idon't have the patience for Radd's school and I actually thought some of what he was saying was bordering on patronising which put me right off.

I prefer the sim + crash it and learn from it method for rc helis.

Pitt
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: RADDS   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:34 pm

I actually went about 4-6 weeks of crashing and rebuilding before I went back and did RADDS.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
I actually went about 4-6 weeks of crashing and rebuilding before I went back and did RADDS.

isn`t that like doing RADDS......but cheating a bit first :giggle:
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: ???   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:51 pm

I guess you could say that!!!LOL But it worked pretty good for me!!
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:54 pm

yours is a classic example FD of `each to their own` :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new HBFP 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new HBFP 2   new HBFP 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new HBFP 2
Page 1 of 1