RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Heli box for HBFPv2?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kaymm2

kaymm2

Heli box for HBFPv2? Empty
PostSubject: Heli box for HBFPv2?   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:23 pm

How do you guys carry your heli to the field? Is there one for the Honeybee FPv2?
Back to top Go down
backyardheli

PostSubject: Re: Heli box for HBFPv2?   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Back to top Go down
kaymm2

kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: Heli box for HBFPv2?   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:37 am

Thanks. That looks perfect. But unfortunately the shipping is real deal breaker....

I wonder if my 450 heli case will fit, i think it'll be too big for a honeybee. but my local LHS has lots of 450 cases for $39.99... just none that fits a smaller heli...
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Carry Case   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:55 am

kaymm2 wrote:
Thanks. That looks perfect. But unfortunately the shipping is real deal breaker....

I wonder if my 450 heli case will fit, i think it'll be too big for a honeybee. but my local LHS has lots of 450 cases for $39.99... just none that fits a smaller heli...

Go ahead and get a case for the 450. Two things.

#1 I can carry my HBFP in one of my 450 cases.

#2 You will soon have a 450 to carry around in that case.

It happened to me. Now I'm looking at helis that I would need a steamer trunk to carry them around in! Welcome and enjoy!

:grinn:
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: Heli box for HBFPv2?   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:13 am

Does your Honey Bee move around in the case when transported? Can you take a pic of it in the case? :)

I actually have the 450 but they are in parts and haven't built it yet... just waiting on my HBv2 to practice on before I go to ccpm.

However, I kinda regret getting the 450.. I shoudl've went from HBv2 and then to a Esmart 600 :)
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: EXI 450 box with HBFP loaded up   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:35 am

Heli box for HBFPv2? IMG_0195

Here goes! Lots of space for your other flying gear. Batteries, tools, spares, etc.

Last edited by cgetman02 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected photo link)
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Nice snug fit   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:49 am

Yeah, the HBFP fits nice and snug in the cutouts of my case. I typically don't have the canopy on any of my helis unless they are flying. But, it will fit in the case with the canopy in place also. I didn't have to modify anything to get it to fit.

You should build up the 450 when you are ready. I have two that I have a lot of fun flying! Don't be concerned about going right to a larger sized heli. The 450 size is a great heli to learn CP heli flying with. The parts are inexpensive and available all over the place if you have a TREX clone. It is much more economical (if that ever applies to helis) to crash/repair, crash/repair, repeat..... a 450 size than the larger helis.

I should listen to my own advise, I just placed an order for one of the EXI 500 CF kits. Oh, well, it will be a while before I can scrape together enough $ to get it in the air.

Hope this helps and enjoy your HBFP they are little tanks. Once you get the landing skids replaced with something like Superskids and a few spares you can fly and crash without a large economic impact. Right now what breaks most on mine is the flybar and I buy that material in bulk and cut them myself.
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: Heli box for HBFPv2?   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 am

Thanks for the pic! Yours hold the heli different from mine. My heli lies down sideways.... So I hope it'll fit, but i'll find out when I get the HBv2.

I have this case:

Heli box for HBFPv2? TREX_ALUM_CASE_2
Heli box for HBFPv2? TREX_ALUM_CASE_3

I have the Flasher 450 PE kit, it's supposed to be trex compatible. I just have to learn more about ccpm, throttle curves, pitch curves, 3d mode, etc before I can start to fly one. I should've waited... I impulse bought it and now it's just sitting there....

BTW, for ccpm, is stunt mode and 3D mode the same thing?
What is the lock/unlock switch used for on my 6ch transmitter?

Thanks for you help!
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Nice Setup!   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:28 am

Don't be shy about asking questions you may have here. We are happy to help. Yeah, there seems to be two layouts for the heli boxes, I'm sure your HBV2 will be able to fit without too much modification, if at all.

You got it stunt and 3D are kind of used interchangeably. Basically you will want to stay away from that mode of operation at first. The main problem with operating in stunt/3D/idleup mode is that if you are new to CP helis and have come from FP you are used to dumping the throttle when things are looking bad. In stunt mode basically you have your heli head speed pretty constant and are just varying the pitch on the blades. Any thing above 50% throttle stick is positive pitch, anything below 50% throttle is negative pitch. So, if you dump the throttle on a CP machine in stunt you are giving it full negative pitch and it will come down fast and hard.

In normal mode, depending on how you have your pitch and throttle curves setup, you will gradually bring the throttle up to about 50% before the pitch will gradually start increasing, giving you lift. Above 50% throttle both normal and stunt/3D/idleup operate basically the same it's below 50% throttle that there is the big difference.

Hope this makes a little sense. Don't let the CP heli put you in the mindset that you are hesitant to try flying it. There really isn't that much to learn, if you get a good setup on your heli, I think the CP helis are easier to fly. More immediate response to input on the transmitter and you don't have to vary the headspeed to vary the lift. That's the thing I have more problems with my HBFP with. Once you lower the throttle you lose lift and there isn't enough power to recover quickly. Not so with the 450s, immediate response to control inputs. With the HB it tends to make you over control at first because it is a fraction slow to respond you give it more input and pretty soon you are "stabbing at the sticks" and things go bad. Try and use small stick movements and not overcontrol. My best advise.

Wow, I type a lot late at night! Keep the questions coming.
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Missed one question   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:32 am

Lock/unlock is probably a throttle hold/lock setting. You can lock the throttle to 0% when you are handling the heli so it doesn't spool up on you if you hit the throttle stick by accident. There are other uses I'm sure but that is how I use mine. I have a DX6i so maybe your radio operates a little differently.

Curt
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: Heli box for HBFPv2?   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Thanks for the detailed info! Really appreciate it.

Right now I have my throttle very linear, 0,25,50,75,100 on both stunt and normal. So this would let me just do hovering and forward flight like a fixed pitch right?

I don't plan to fly 3d just yet but I am very curious on the settings for pitch and throttle in 3d mode.

If I make it something like 100,85,75,85,100 for 3d/stunt. What happens to the heli? In other words when I reach max stick in normal mode, if flip the switch and then it to goes to 3d mode. Now when I move the stick down, it throttles down to 75% at midstick, so the heli decends? Then near bottom it climbs up again since it's throttle is increased?

I guess I'm having trouble picturing the V curve and what the heli is doing when in stunt mode when I move the sticks. Is 3d mode only needed for inverted flight? how do you make the heli flip upside down? does flipping the 3d/stunt switch automatically make it flip upside down?

Also is idle up switch the same thing as stunt and 3d switch? and does this switch only affect the throttle and pitch?

I guess I shoudl hook up my transmitter to a simulator to see what happens when I do stunt/3d mode.

Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to get a grasp of the concept of ccpm and 3d flying. Again thanks for you help. I'm usually an RC car guy and this 3d stuff is confusing.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Heli box for HBFPv2?   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi,
Yeah you got throttle curve correctly. On normal mode you can have this kind of throttle 0,25,50,75,100 and pitch 50, 62, 74, 88, 100 (0-10 degrees) and on idle up mode, throttle 100,85,75,85,100 and pitch 0, 25, 50, 75, 100 (-10 - 10 degrees). So while in idle up mode when you push throttle stick lower than mid stick, motor pushes heli down. And when you push stick higher than at mid stick heli is going up or hovering.
You make heli to fly upside down while doing a loop or a roll and then adding negative pitch (lower than mid stick in idle up)
And yes, 3D, stunt, idle up switch is the same thing! Yeah basically it only changes pitch and throttle. But on nice comp tx you can add more settings. Eg: swash mix (how far servo travels), trims, gyro gain and other settings.
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: Heli box for HBFPv2?   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:24 pm

So let me get this straight, when you put a V throttle curve in stunt mode, are we essentially dividing the throttle in half so that mid stick and below it's negative pitch and midstick and up it's positive pitch? I'm thinking when it's in normal mode, we only have to be concerned up/down. But in stunt mode, we are now concerned with up/down inverted and up/down normal. Is that why there is a V curve for throttle and not an straight linear curve?

So when the heli is inverted, we flip the stunt mode switch, and now midstick to bottom controls updown for that. And when we flip the heli back to normal, midstick to top controls that.

It makes a lot sense now. Now I know why when I fly my heli in aerofly, and flip it upside down, crashes to the ground. If I had 3d mode, i could've continued to add throttle so it pushes down with negative pitch to keep it hovering inverted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heli box for HBFPv2?   Heli box for HBFPv2? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heli box for HBFPv2?
Page 1 of 1