HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Share | 

What is the purpose of AMA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
burton8012

PostSubject: What is the purpose of AMA   Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:20 am

what is the point of having AMA what do u get out of it and why do u need it sometimes to get to events?
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

PostSubject: a.m.a.   Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:55 am

go to
www.modelairplane.org

this is the main site for ama and it will explain everything you need to know.
you can even sign up for it there.
but basicly it is insurance in case of a mishap,not for your models but for injury or property damage
at a sanctioned field. plus other benefits as well. smiley-happy088 .
i have been a member for 26 years and have seen in the past the ama at work ,,,its great
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of AMA   Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:18 pm

Hey, good thing u had that link i found out that basicly having that ama card opens me up to Clubs i can joini lucked out and found one local that only like 3 miles from my house that i nerver knew exsited (http://www.tricountyrc.com/default.htm) seems like a cool place to start but look liike i might be the only heli piliot since there only like 50 memebers plus they give free training if i want to get in the RC planes
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of AMA   Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Being an AMA member has lots of benefits and being able to fly at funfly's and join local clubs is awesome, but one thing to watch out for with clubs is sometimes the Airplane guys don't like the Heli guys too much, a few of my local clubs are like that, the plane guys don't even want to talk to you if they know you fly helis

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of AMA   Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:27 pm

yeah fatdaddy was saying something to me like that by him to that they were be snobby to him why do u think that is?? if they end up being like that screw them i just want to use there fields
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of AMA   Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:32 pm

ohh any i was reading the one by me that i want to joini is that they have to Vote u in after u attend the second meeting that be some Sh@t if i don't get voted in cause of that LOL also look like all the member might be Seniors even worse
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of AMA   Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:25 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
but one thing to watch out for with clubs is sometimes the Airplane guys don't like the Heli guys too much, a few of my local clubs are like that, the plane guys don't even want to talk to you if they know you fly helis

Pretty much the same here in UK orange83 Also found a couple of heli clubs near me that don't really give you the time of day unless you are a fully accomplished pilot and have a Trex or Scale heli redface
Back to top Go down
sdjb

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of AMA   Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:15 pm

The age old story with clubs, they always seen to have a pecking order. I just dont like it at all
always someone to tell ya your censored aint right or ya cant do it like that YAMER YAMER YAMER.
And thats why we fly at the bomber field out here as long as no one is acting a fool and ya have an
AMA card. Hell we even sit around after words and have some cold suds and tell each other how
much we all fly like school grils and that all I have to say about thaaaat.

Yea for the love of Pete get your AMA today cause it helps us all and will save your a hole if ya were
to [GOD FORBID HIT SOMEONE OR SOMETHING WITH YOUR HELI/PLANE] Also the AMA is working hard to keep us free from the crap that comes out of DC on a daily bases to. your membership fee
helps in alot of other ways as well.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
Beachcomber

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of AMA   Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:38 pm

I think one of the complaints that RC Airplane flyers have against us Heli flyers is when we just hover directly over the middle of the runway for 5 minutes and they can't use the runway. If only one Heli flyer does that, the airplane flyers are mad at all of us, forever.

There is a nice field across town from me that has a nice grass runway, and a separate heli area off to the side of the same runway. Seems to work well. Helis can hover off to the side, or fly over the runway, depending on their skill.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of AMA   Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:48 pm

Got me and AMA card finally and joined that club !!!! lucked out guys in club all seem to all get along with the heli guys and vice versa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of AMA   

Back to top Go down

What is the purpose of AMA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1