RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Friend crashed his new v2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinot

Friend crashed his new v2 Empty
PostSubject: Friend crashed his new v2   Friend crashed his new v2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:11 pm

:chickendance:

Well my friend got his V2 recently. He was attempting to basically skip Radd's school of flight, he did about 1 battery of radd's. So I let him do a little radd's and he got to try to hover mine for maybe an hour before he got his. The night he got his we went out to hover, I could tell he was struggling but he didn't really crash that much. So the next day he took it home with him and flew it at his house(saturday). He just came by (sunday) and told me he wrecked it. He then slowly lead into the details... [consider all crash statistics on the low end lol]

He was out flying and decided to try fly the heli away from him, so he gets it up to about 15 feet and crashes it while trying to bring it back, apparently with some forward momentum. It hit the ground(grass) and didn't skid, kind of just planted. He said smoke was coming from the 4 in 1 and the tail motor kept spinning. He said the 4 in 1 melted and the very bottom board is what burnt up. What is located on the bottom of the 4 in 1? Sounded to me like if what he was saying was all true that maybe the tail motor esc was damaged on impact maybe shorted and burnt up? What do you guys think?

So what is the lesson, Radd may be boring, but he is right.
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Friend crashed his new v2   Friend crashed his new v2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Man, I hate to here that he killed it on the first fly stretcher but that is a noob mistake, if he would have been told to pull all the throttle out or down then he would not have let the smoke out, nuttz videos will tell you that....but it does kinda sound like he fried the 4n1 orange4 beside the money and down time part :( it will be a good learning part of this hobby to bring it back to live again. I've dropped mine from 20 feet and only broke small links and head parts orange71

Good luck with the repairs and you know you will get all the help you will need here to get er back up again :prop: flyaway
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

PostSubject: crashing tips   Friend crashed his new v2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:38 pm

If you see your going to crash, and you will. Above 10 ft, if heli is up right and fairly stable,bring back throttle slow to ease it down to to 3ft or so and shut throttle off. Always shut throttle down. This will stop blades. Marc has a video on this. He also has a video of his hbfp going around an electric line 3 times, fell probably 20 ft and not a sctatch. I suggest watching aLL of his videos. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: Friend crashed his new v2   Friend crashed his new v2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Oh trust me I told him many times if he wrecks to cut the throttle. Whether he did or not, who knows. He said he cut the throttle. Bottom line is that he went way to fast he tried to run before he could crawl.

Anywhoo, what is on the bottom of the 4 in 1?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friend crashed his new v2   Friend crashed his new v2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friend crashed his new v2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: