RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Turnigy Accucel charger - how to charge 2cell Esky lipos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chipbutty

Turnigy Accucel charger - how to charge 2cell Esky lipos Empty
PostSubject: Turnigy Accucel charger - how to charge 2cell Esky lipos   Turnigy Accucel charger - how to charge 2cell Esky lipos I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:54 am

Greetings :bigthumb: My first post here.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7028&Product_Name=Turnigy_Accucel-6_Balance_Charger_&_Discharger

This appears to be a decent charger and I'm thinking of buying one as they're available here in the UK. Like many of these chargers it appears to be based on the Bantam charger. The Accucel has the same features as the affordable Imax B6 but includes a fan and is apparently more reliable than the B6. There's a huge thread on the Accucel on RCGroups http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886698

I have a Honey Bee FP and have several of the 2 cell 800mah lipos. Is it possible to charge three of these lipos at once? There doesn't appear to be any kind of splitter cable available for that application. I did read somewhere that charging three 2cell lipos at once is dangerous, so I guess it's not a good idea. If that's the case is it possible to charge two 2cell lipos at once? I'm not sure if the charger comes with the necessary leads. If not what kind of lead would I need?

I realise the importance of a decent battery charger. I've invested in AA/AAA rechargeable NIMH batteries like Eneloops over the past year and I have two Lacrosse/Technoline intelligent chargers. After using bog standard chargers I wondered why the Eneloops weren't performing as well as I'd hoped. The Lacrosse chargers really got the best out of them. Brilliant things.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Turnigy Accucel charger - how to charge 2cell Esky lipos   Turnigy Accucel charger - how to charge 2cell Esky lipos I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:16 am

It is good charger! I use it :bigthumb: You will need splitter from 6s port to 3x 2s ports to charge 3 2s lipo batteries. You will also need to connect them all to one output (22.2V). These things aren't included with the charger. And also batteries needs to be same capacity orange6
Back to top Go down
chipbutty

PostSubject: Re: Turnigy Accucel charger - how to charge 2cell Esky lipos   Turnigy Accucel charger - how to charge 2cell Esky lipos I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks. Good to know someone has this charger. I see, so 3 Esky 7.4v lipos with a capacity of 800mah are ok to charge together. The only splitter I've seen is for 3 cell lipos. I can't find a splitter anywhere in the UK or ebay allowing me to charge 2 or 3 2cell batteries at once. I'd like one though. Everything seems to be for 3 cell batteries. Maybe I've just got hold of the wrong end of the stick, which is entirely possible!

P3tras wrote:
It is good charger! I use it :bigthumb: You will need splitter from 6s port to 3x 2s ports to charge 3 2s lipo batteries. You will also need to connect them all to one output (22.2V). These things aren't included with the charger. And also batteries needs to be same capacity orange6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turnigy Accucel charger - how to charge 2cell Esky lipos   Turnigy Accucel charger - how to charge 2cell Esky lipos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turnigy Accucel charger - how to charge 2cell Esky lipos
Page 1 of 1