RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Scale Heli

Go down 
+5
Fatdaddy
Donnie D
Bert
burton8012
sdjb
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:57 pm

OK, Got my HeliArtist MD500E Fuse and my EXI450 installed today done a test Hover and all went well. The thing I found was the ESC and Batt got pretty warm in just 3 to 4 min hover. I think the trouble is the G90 servos that Iam using I pretty sure these things pull way to much voltage.
So I think I will be changing them so I well gets some vid of the Heli in a hover soon and post it here
for you guys to see. Any input on the Tower Pro G90 servos would great ya know if anyone
thinks there is a problem with them. The hover is stable as can be, I was amazed at the diff.

Here are some pics
sdjb
MD500E2
MD500E
MD500E3
Back to top Go down
burton8012

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:20 pm

hey is tht a coptor x on the side ? if so so how u like it i just ordered the alum frame version
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:45 pm

burton8012, Man the CopterX is the most stable 450 size Heli i have ever had the thing is sweeeet.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
burton8012

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:37 am

nice! Scale Heli 627339
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:37 am

hmmm Didnt think to install a Processor fan?.

A guy from Colombia installed one over his ESC, cuz he is using a scale heli of a Bell 206, and it keeps the esc and the frame components more cooled.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 am

Beautiful helicopter. Can't wan't wait to see your video. I use sg 90 servos on my Belt CP and have been really happy with them. I plan to eventually install a scale fuse on my Belt CP, so good to know we have someone with some experience.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Donnie D, Thanks man, yea I will get it figured out. Iam thinkin that I need to get a motor with a
higher wattage rating cause the alpha 400 is under powered with the extra load of the fuse.
or the one I have in it now may have a problem. Thats why I have not installed the windows yet
going to do the lighting system also just what to get all my ducks in a row frist. The CopterX in the pics is going to get a scale make over as well I think the AS350 is the one Iam going to get for it.
Like i said before the CopterX is just great it blew me away on the maiden flight just amazing as to
how stable they are. everyone should get one of them they are worth every penny and then some.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Going try and get some video by the weekend I hope, the wind is up here right now and they say
15 to 25 MPH winds for tomorrow. So as soon as the winds let down I will get some video up.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: XXX   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:47 pm

Does anyone have one of the Black Angels?? They look pretty sweet!!
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:05 pm

DonnieD, I like your Bell 47 a lot. I was going to one them a few yaers back but things didnt work out. I have my Hirobo 50 size nitro that Iam going to either do a Huey or a Little Bird out off. We
will see. Iam also into EDF's got the RCLander F9F Panther Iam slowly getting together waiting on the
fans to come back in stock. Got the GWS ME262 GWS 15 that Iam working on as well all that takes money and you know how that is. I been flyin my UltraFly P-40 alot that thing is nice flys real well Iam about to finish up my UltraFly P-51 its full house retracts, flaps good lookin warbird I'll try to put
some pics up of my warbird today.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Hey thanks again for the PM Fat it is hard to deal with. The Black Angel? that is kind of the same as the CopterX right?

sdjb
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: BA   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Yea the Black Angel is a Copter X heli.. Its new and I've seen it reviewed in RCHeli Mag. and its at HobbyDaddy.com..Its their top line ship I believe..
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:43 pm

Okay I know this is a Heli thread I ask Nuttz if he could setup a areas for scale helis and scales planes as we all know the man is real busy. But here are some pics of my warbirds

UltraFlyP-40

UltraFlyP-51

GWS Me262

Oh man Photobucket YIKES

sdjb
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Hey Fat, Just went to take a look at the Black Angel SWEEEEET. The only thing I saw was the return
pully on the tail had the same kind on my MX400 and the frist troubles I had with it was that same
return pulley it cut the drive belt in two. from that time on I always remove the return pulley ya
dont need it away, The new Algin helis dont use them any more. And I have found that it can and will mess with your gyro.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Do you know how much the 500 fuse weighs?

Donnie D smiley-happy088

By the way, nice looking birds.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: B.A.   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Yea I think that Black Angel looks pretty impressive for Copter X being a new co.as such!!
I will be using the head and tail rotor assembelys for a build I'm going to start this week, Its for a trade I've agreeded to for a truck!!! I'm impressed by what I can see so far and for 69 for the pair including shafts I'm thinkin it is a good deal.....
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 pm

DonnieD No I sure dont. I can check around to see if I can find out, Got me wondering now.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:20 pm

Yea Fatdaddy they do like nice and if anything like the parts that came on my CopterX they will
make any biuld come like a fine clock. Swap for a truck ? Rc or real?

sdjb
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:25 am

ok, made you guys a new "Scale" Thread orange72
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: trade   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:43 am

Its an RC truck!!! REVO 3.3 I wanted something my 14 yr. old daughter could run.. Don't think she will ever fly
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:52 am

Fat the revo is bad A*& fast tons of fun.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:53 am

Thanks Marc U BE THE MAN.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
burton8012

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: OMG check this out   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:15 pm

i think i just fell in love with scale heli's

Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:34 pm

Sounds great!! The more members that get interested in scale helicopters and airplanes, the more folks I get to talk to about them and share info and ideas with. Giddyupp!!! :clap: :giggle: :bigthumb: orange71

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Hey sdjb, how about some more pics of your 500.
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:50 pm

Donnie D Here ya go Bro

Photobucket

MD500E02
Ya can see in this pic where ya have to make stand offs for the tail section. Made them out of some
brass tubing need to add one.

Photobucket

MD500E02

I will get some video soon. Had to take my HandyCam back to the shop for repair AGAIN I think Iam goin to be shopping for
a new Video cam soon.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:18 pm

nice!!! Scale Heli 186811
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:29 pm

I love that color scheme on that 500 fuselage. After I get my Bell 47 done, I want to scale out my Belt CP, probably with a Hughes 500 fuse. Hope you can help me with that. Then I want to do my E-Smart probably with a Huey fuse. Eventually maybe I will do a 500 size hely as an Apache or Cobra. I love scale stuff. orange68

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Yeap me too, Scale is cool. The EXI450 flys so much more stable with the fuse, real nice My EXI500 will be here tuesday and
if I can talk Mama into letting me send some more money Iam going to get the 500 size AS350 fuse for it. going to put lights
spot on it dress it up nice.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Scale   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm in!!!! I've been thinkin also....DD it is your fault!!!!!! Last night I went in my back issues of RCHeli and found a article on a twin rotor 450 scale
Called "Twinn Rexx" It is very cool but looks very complacated!!!! So its for me!!!! I'm lookin into it now!!!
Back to top Go down
burton8012

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:07 pm

lol every one slowly starting to get addicted to scale

(sdjb) you should tint out those windows on the scale body u got look so much cooler

airwolf electric with sound effects built into it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scale Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scale Heli   Scale Heli I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scale Heli
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next