RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

new to site / it's a small world

Go down 
+11
HITMAN808
Donnie D
vsbkv
--==AxeL==--
247rememberme
sdjb
jstarks
Frankie G
Pittnuma
jackyl71
KJ
15 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ

KJ

new to site / it's a small world Empty
PostSubject: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:01 am

Hi fellas. KJ here. I'm a new member to this site. This my second time here. I was just reading the replies "FrankieG" got from his first post,and I'm amazed at the welcome he received. I hope you welcome me with half as much enthusiasm. I need all the help I can get. Like all of you I too am a musician. I'm 42 and have played guitar since I was 9. I don't play as much anymore but occasionally I break out the axe and grind a little. My new addiction is r/c heli's. In 4 months I have gone from a 2 ch micro to a 3 ch micro to a 3 ch co-axial to a 4 ch Honey Bee f/p with metal blade grips,swash plate,fly bar paddle frame,and tail motor mount I also put on a HBK2 battery hanger and skid set with HBK3 paddles. I've put more money in it than what it cost new. But it's a blast and I'm hooked. I also have a HBK2 still in the box awaiting it's debut. I look forward to sharing info with all of you. FLY HIGH !!! KJ
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:35 am

welcome sign KJ!

So where do you hail from, if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:43 am

A very warm welcome sign

I too am a musician, for 20 years I played the saxophone and violin but I am now a guitar convert.

I wish you all the best with this flying lark, very addictive!

I decided last Friday that my next heli would be a 500/600 in a few months and then promptly bought a Trex 450s that was on offer! Bloody expensive hobby, I spend less flying gliders around!!

Have fun :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Frankie G

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:51 am

"HBK2 still in the box awaiting it's debut." Yep, you're a musician!!! Yeah, I did indeed get an awesome welcome here. More so than any other forum. Anyways, even though I'm still new here... welcome sign
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:01 pm

Hey KJ :prop:

welcome sign welcome sign welcome sign welcome sign welcome sign welcome sign

I totally understand about puttung more money into a HBFP than what it cost new!!!! :bigthumb:

Superskids, xtreme blades and I just ordered metal upgrades and xtreme 380x motor that will be here Friday!!!!!!! :prop:

Just too much fun!!! I dont play an instrument, although the sound of the blades slapping the ground might classify me as a percussionist and the HBFP is my instrument????? orange78

Either way, welcome and enjoy!!!!!

J.
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:38 pm

Welcome KJ, Sounds like you off to a good start.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:51 pm

welcome sign KJ :grinn:

the main thing i can tell you about this hobby is not which heli to buy as you`ll want near enough everyone :prop:

the main thing is to get ready to "FLASH THE CASH" .PAYPAL is gonna be used sooooo much from now on :giggle:

Welcome to the crazily addictive world of rc heli`s Crazysmile :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:54 pm

oh yeah,forgot to say that if you need to find ANYTHING on the web just ask our great dectective.......P3TRAS :clap:
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:30 pm

welcome sign smiley-signs046 welcome sign

Enjoy it, all the guy's are great and really friendly and helpful :bigthumb:

Pittnuma wrote:
I decided last Friday that my next heli would be a 500/600 in a few months and then promptly bought a Trex 450s that was on offer! Bloody expensive hobby, I spend less flying gliders around!!

Hey Pitt, a Trex! And I thought i'd talked you into the 'X' orange68 Nice bit of kit though! And your right this is very addictive :prop:
Back to top Go down
vsbkv

vsbkv

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi KJ ('welcome sign')
Welcome to this wonderful site of Heli lovers. (':prop:')
If you have a question about a Helicopter or anything else just ask and someone will have an answer for you :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:37 pm

welcome sign

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:25 pm

ALOHA

welcome sign welcome sign welcome sign
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:17 pm

welcome sign welcome sign

PayPal is in love with me........Oh Heli Yeah....... :giggle:
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:29 am

welcome sign Frankie G and KJ welcome to the forum, lots and lots and lots of great info here. Happy flying and even better landings. Tried to post yesterday but internet went down orange67 and very windy here also (20-30 mph) orange4
smiley-signs046 smiley-signs061 smiley-signs046 smiley-signs061 smiley-signs046
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:53 am

--==AxeL==-- wrote:
Hey Pitt, a Trex! And I thought i'd talked you into the 'X' orange68 Nice bit of kit though! And your right this is very addictive :prop:

You had talked me into a CopterX, but somebody had a Trex450S with upgrdaded head etc and a good charger going cheap (£150) so I bit their hand off (Align motor, ESC, Hitec servos and a telebee gyro, shame not the 401!!)! I would have had the copterX otherwise.
Just waiting on a 617 receiver.

The belt-cp is now in bits getting put into the airwolf fuselage, I have a bit more work to do on that, the fuselage is going to need a bit of dremel work around the head!

The trex is going to be the mess around heli.... :bigthumb:

Just need a new ESC for the belt and a fan, I do not trust the Esky ESC inside the fuselage with the downwash no longer directed onto the ESC.

Pitt
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:36 am

247rememberme wrote:
oh yeah,forgot to say that if you need to find ANYTHING on the web just ask our great dectective.......P3TRAS :clap:

:crylaugh: laughing013 laughing013 :crylaugh:

Welcome to the forum, KJ!!!! welcome sign
Back to top Go down
KJ

KJ

PostSubject: thanks for    new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:58 am

Thanks fellas. I feel right at home. I am fresh out of the "lone star state" TEXAS. I reside in the middle of nowhere. 40 miles north of nothing and an hour and a half south of Dallas. Wanna know how I knew I had been bit by the bug???? I left home for work at 4:30pm on a day that my heli parts were due to arrive. On my way I passed a state trooper with a car stopped and just shortly after that I met the UPS truck. I flashed my lights, waved at him to slow down, and did everything else that I could to keep him from being stopped and slowing down the delivery of my parts. That's when it hit me. I'm hooked. Yeah, I got it bad. Anyway thanks again for the welcome. I work nights so you will probably only catch me online early a.m. weekdays and anytime Friday night thru Sunday morning. I look forward to talking to ya. FLY HIGH / FLY FREE KJ
Back to top Go down
KJ

KJ

PostSubject: still learning site   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:07 am

jackyl71 wrote:
welcome sign KJ!

So where do you hail from, if I may ask?
What do ya say Jackyl??? I am still trying to figure out this site and the proper way to communicate on it. To answer your question. I am from Texas. I live on the lake outside of a small town (Whitney,Tx) that's about 80 miles south of Ft.Worth and 30 miles north of Waco. I was not sure how to respond to everyone yesterday, so I started a new topic in reference to my 1st one. (new to site) I see some people have read it but no one has had a reply. Any pointers on how to use this forum ? Ya see I'm not only new to rc heli's but also new to communicating on the computer. Any help would be appreciated. KJ
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:37 pm

KJ wrote:
I see some people have read it but no one has had a reply. Any pointers on how to use this forum ? Ya see I'm not only new to rc heli's but also new to communicating on the computer. Any help would be appreciated. KJ

Welcome!! orange60

1. On the main page, look at the bottom right...should have a link that says "today's active topics". That's a good place to start. Self explanatory

2. Nuttcaze has done a great job in creating categories for different topics. When you click on a category such as "General RC questions" it opens sub-topics related to the main topic....makes sense?

3. You can also follow topics by clicking on the bottom right where it says "watch this topic for replies".....it will send you a e-mail when someone replies. It's hasn't always worked when I use it but at least it's there.

4. On the top where it says FORUM, CALENDER, FAQ etc......click on SEARCH and you will be able to have a more detailed search on your questions.

hope this help.......just play and click on everything and you'll learn it. :clap:

JUST DON'T BELIEVE THE POP-UP BANNER THAT SAYS YOU WON A PRIZE OR HAVE 1 NEW MAIL!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Also at the top right of the main page you will see " view posts since last visit". This will pull up all the posts that have been made since the last time you signed in.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:35 pm

Donnie D wrote:
Also at the top right of the main page you will see " view posts since last visit". This will pull up all the posts that have been made since the last time you signed in.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

For some reason it does not work for me, wish it did though, it takes a lot of time looking at everything and sometims twice to see were you left off orange67 orange75 headbeat
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:25 am

Well that's wierd. Maybe Nutsy can help you with that.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:26 am

The Forums were *Down* for me for a day or so and when I did get back it said they were doing maintenance, so I have to assume they where cleaning things up (I had 8-websites of my own a couple of years ago so I know how Hosts tend to mess with things)...

I'd say *Clear out your Browser Cache* and then shut down your computer and try again, it should clear up in a day or so...
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:00 pm

KJ, I see that today is your birthday, so...

orange2 Happy Birthday! orange51

wheelchair Here's to you for not dying in the past year! stretcher

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
KJ

KJ

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 am

jackyl71 wrote:
KJ, I see that today is your birthday, so...

orange2 Happy Birthday! orange51

wheelchair Here's to you for not dying in the past year! stretcher

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:
Thanks Jackyl. I'm a little bit older but not much wiser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new to site / it's a small world   new to site / it's a small world I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new to site / it's a small world
Page 1 of 1