A place for all things Radio Controlled
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Share | 
 

 DX7 or dx61

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blackrain0119

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:12 am

very nice motor!!! :bigthumb: whata about the poinion??? make sure to put a blue lockti]te on your screws when your putting you pinion.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:13 am

what size are you using???(pinion)
Back to top Go down
burton8012




PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:13 am

tomarrow lets try that chat room thing i never used it before gunna head to bed eyes are starting to burn lol thanks for all thie help so far

to be continued.............
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:16 am

you're welcome. anytime bud! :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
burton8012




PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:19 am

alrighty ttyl oh and its a 13 tooth
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:21 am

very well. like i said, you're bird will fly very nice.
Back to top Go down
burton8012




PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:01 am

ok i got kinda of a GOOD problem i just found a deal for a futaba gy520 gyro for 140 shipped with a code i got for buying items a few months ago or should i just stick with the tried and true 401????????? withc itonly 20 bucks cheaper no brainer right?
Back to top Go down
jstarks

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:34 am

Hey Blackrain,

Just a thought, I am still thinking of switching from dx6i to dx7.
Couldnt you set up normal and idle up 1 to have the same pitch curves but different throttle curves that way in idle up 1 you could have a higher nore constant head speed but dont have extreme negative pitch so you could land in idle up 1. orange78
Back to top Go down
burton8012




PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:45 pm

i love this TX it swear its making my life so much easyier went out and got another rx today 6100e for my belt cp and it was such a breeze.... and also it seems my controls have better response....

hey black rain i changed my Norm pitch curve to lin 0 25 50 75 100 cause i was setting up my belt with those numbers 48 49 50 77 100 and did a throttle up and down with motor unplugged and pitch didn't seem like there was much of a pitch change untill halfway with but i guess ill switch it back just to give a try my im really for a flight test
Back to top Go down
burton8012




PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:24 am

ive notice too after i programed my belt cp with my DX7 a couple min ago that my heli is more responsave and very quick when it comes to my left and right and foward and back main three servo basicly seems like it could go invert at only 2 inches off the ground thats how sharp my turns feel at hovering ..........

.................like its going to roll over on me ....if i move my sticks around quick...... didn't get this vibe when i have my other crappy Tx do u turn down the end points to get slower head speed. and ather movements to be less responsive ..etc etc etc
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:32 am

just lower your throttle curves.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:46 am

burton8012 wrote:
i love this TX it swear its making my life so much easyier went out and got another rx today 6100e for my belt cp and it was such a breeze.... and also it seems my controls have better response....

hey black rain i changed my Norm pitch curve to lin 0 25 50 75 100 cause i was setting up my belt with those numbers 48 49 50 77 100 and did a throttle up and down with motor unplugged and pitch didn't seem like there was much of a pitch change untill halfway with but i guess ill switch it back just to give a try my im really for a flight test

you should not change your pitch curves at L starting at 25 sinece this will give you -5 pitch degrees at start up. your helicopter should start at 0 pitch the moment you initialize it. If you're setting it at 0 25 50 75 100, as you land, below 50 percent throttle will give you negative pitch which will send your heli down. you're heli should land on a 48 percent throttle. this is how you setup your curves...
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:51 am

jstarks wrote:
Hey Blackrain,

Just a thought, I am still thinking of switching from dx6i to dx7.
Couldnt you set up normal and idle up 1 to have the same pitch curves but different throttle curves that way in idle up 1 you could have a higher nore constant head speed but dont have extreme negative pitch so you could land in idle up 1. orange78

if oyu want good head speed, all you really have to do is adjust your normal throttle curves at 0 37 70 85 100. there. you should have a pretty good head speed. for idle 1, only use this if you're flying 3d. yes you can land with it but be careful as below 50% throttle is actually negative pitch. k? any questions, just post it here. Ill be happy to help you ...
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:53 am

burton8012 wrote:
ok i got kinda of a GOOD problem i just found a deal for a futaba gy520 gyro for 140 shipped with a code i got for buying items a few months ago or should i just stick with the tried and true 401????????? withc itonly 20 bucks cheaper no brainer right?

gy520 is a really good gyro i would really recommend that. maybe a s 9257 servo?
Back to top Go down
burton8012




PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:52 pm

what are the two buttons that say Hover Piitch on one side and Hover throttle ............. i think i know what hover pitch its on my other tx you turned the knob to get a higher pitch when im throttling up so it take off with less throttle power but what is .....

hover throttle button and also when it comes to the gear switch switch should i see movement on the graph menu when i flick it?
Back to top Go down
burton8012




PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:08 pm

i just did a test flight on my belt cp with norm pitch curve with 0,25,50,75,100 and then i went back to 48,49,50,77,100 i think it was and i love yours better it don't slam towards the ground as quick with your settings i just gotta get used to using mostly the top area of the throttle stick and mabe reprogram my esc for fast throtte response i set it mid or low thinking it would be to quick for me but i don't like those milaseconds delay in thottle response and......

i don't know if it just me but it makes learning to fly easyier for me with this TX i swear with my other exceed TX when i would make movements it seems slow to me and now its feel like im hard wired to the heli.. so i guess its worth getting a good TX for those out there that don't cause it makes it easier to fly........

maybe im wrong but thats the vibe i get i was just zipping around in the yard testing the controls and i never go crazy doing fast inputs and it was awesome how quick things are..
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:22 pm

burton8012 wrote:
i just did a test flight on my belt cp with norm pitch curve with 0,25,50,75,100 and then i went back to 48,49,50,77,100 i think it was and i love yours better it don't slam towards the ground as quick with your settings i just gotta get used to using mostly the top area of the throttle stick and mabe reprogram my esc for fast throtte response i set it mid or low thinking it would be to quick for me but i don't like those milaseconds delay in thottle response and......

i don't know if it just me but it makes learning to fly easyier for me with this TX i swear with my other exceed TX when i would make movements it seems slow to me and now its feel like im hard wired to the heli.. so i guess its worth getting a good TX for those out there that don't cause it makes it easier to fly........

maybe im wrong but thats the vibe i get i was just zipping around in the yard testing the controls and i never go crazy doing fast inputs and it was awesome how quick things are..

flying the mormal pitch starting at zero actually gives you a negative pitch. A good setup helicopter shouldnt fly until 50 percent throttle. I m glad you're happy with the settings. Now you understand why I want you to set it up your heli that way. There's only one way tosetup the he;li and thats the right way. So just set it up everything i told you from throttle curves to pitch curves etc... . Im very happy for you. Questions, just post it here... Good luck Bud!!!
Back to top Go down
burton8012




PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:49 pm

thanks man it setup beautiful i can even take my hands off the sticks and it can hover for a few secs without any inputs gunna go on a shoppig spree tomorrow just found a house down the street from me that they gutted and theres tons of scrap metal cha!!! ching!!!! heli parts
Back to top Go down
burton8012




PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:52 pm

hey BlackRain i 've ben able to fly alot lately with all the curve settings you gave me but the only thing that sucks is when im way up and want to come down will hovering it wont come down its more like a autorotation to get it down (normal mode) I always thought it was the wind cause thats how its been lately but today it just didn't want to come down with no wind
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:56 pm

thats pretty easy, what you want to do is set your pitch at mid stick to -3 degrees. so , unplug the motor, plug your battery to your heli, flip the stunt mode and at mid stick, adjust your pitch links to negative 3. there you should be fine. Try it in negative two first. and oh by the way, i already have the trex 700. I decided to buy it. its already assembled, and boy! that thing can fly. !!! It scared the =crap out of me at first , that thing has power. I upgraded the gears, and put a viper head on the engine , now my engine has two glow plugs for good power. Ill post some pics later.
Back to top Go down
burton8012




PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:05 am

ok cool yeah get some pics up
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

avatar


PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:55 am

or lower your 1 position to about 35. I mean pitch curves at 0 40 50 77 100. at second position your heli should give you a negative pitch as you throttle down,. Just make sure that you dont have a lot of negative pitch on a normal mode. Atleast negative three the most IMO if you have too much, you can actually send your heli down, Or why change the pitch? why dont oyu fly in a 3d mode? you can land it by 50 percent throttle then as soon as you landed, you can switch to normal mode then throttle down. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: DX7 or dx61   

Back to top Go down
 
DX7 or dx61
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: