RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBFP Motor Heat Sinks

Go down 
+4
KJ
HITMAN808
Donnie D
vsbkv
8 posters
AuthorMessage
vsbkv

vsbkv

HBFP Motor Heat Sinks Empty
PostSubject: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi All
I Just received my Esky HBFP today, I also ordered the motor heat sinks however they didn't send instructions with them as to how to install them. smiley-signs093
Are they glued on or epoxyed? Any help will be greatly appreciated. smileysigns153
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:03 pm

I don't know which one's you have, but the one's I have just snap on. You really need to unsolder the tail motor wires to put that one on correctly. You don't neeed any adhesive.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 2:43 am

vsbkv wrote:
didn't send instructions with them as to how to install them.

Like Donnie said they just snap on. They will be kind of loose and almost seem like they'll fall off but it won't.

If you want it a bit tighter you could snap it on with the main motor wire pinched in between. (Not sure if it's recommended since it gets hot......that's how my HBFP V2 came from the factory)

As for the tail motor you need to wiggle it in or gently pull on the motor wires to create slack........GENTLY orange54

<'///<
Back to top Go down
KJ

KJ

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:08 am

vsbkv wrote:
Hi All
I Just received my Esky HBFP today, I also ordered the motor heat sinks however they didn't send instructions with them as to how to install them. smiley-signs093
Are they glued on or epoxyed? Any help will be greatly appreciated. smileysigns153
The heat sinks are held in place by tension. I recommend on the main motor to install it from the top downward. You won't stretch it open as far as you would by trying to put it on horizontally. You are less likely to break it this way.
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 2:37 pm

Just a question... When installing a heat sink on these motors, is there any need or benefit to adding any heat sink compound between the heat sink and the motor?

I know it is a REQUIREMENT for elctronics, but not sure if the benefit exceeds the price of the goop.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:13 pm

I don't think it is necessary as long as the heatsinks that you are using fit reasonably snug. I've got heatsinks on my HBFP and I've never used any type of adhesive.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Talking about motors... I am not skilled with welding wires... Does it exists any video about how, where, and what we need to weld in case we need to replace a HBFP motor?

It will be very helpull for us the noob than we are not skilled in electronic parts and weld them.

Ty.
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:20 pm

I prefer to use a soldering *Pencil* some people like to use a soldering *Gun* with a fine tip, I don't like those because they are Bulky...

Here's some links for you Bert...

1. Soldering Pencil

2. Rosin Core Solder

3. Soldering Tips & Tricks

4. *More* Soldering Tips & Tricks

Last edited by keithldick on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Keith, thanks for giving him those links. I meant to get back to him earlier but I forgot.
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:37 pm

No Prob Donnie... :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
vsbkv

vsbkv

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:14 pm

Thanks guys this is very helpful. I do have heat sink compound at work I us it a lot on SCR's. smileysigns153
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 11:44 pm

keithldick wrote:
I prefer to use a soldering *Pencil* some people like to use a soldering *Gun* with a fine tip, I don't like those because they are Bulky...

Here's some links for you Bert...

1. Soldering Pencil

2. Rosin Core Solder

3. Soldering Tips & Tricks

4. *More* Soldering Tips & Tricks

Thank you so much! This is very helpfull! Ty Keith and DD
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:14 am

Your very welcome Bert, we try to help the best we can here,,,, flyaway
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:36 am

sweet links :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Motor Heat Sinks   HBFP Motor Heat Sinks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBFP Motor Heat Sinks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: