HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Share | 

RX to use with my new EXI 500 CF

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

PostSubject: RX to use with my new EXI 500 CF   Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Thought I would bounce this one off of you guys. I think I already know the answer but, here goes. I'm in the process of gathering parts for my EXI 500 CF build and have been considering using one of my 450's AR6100e receivers until I can recover from the purchase of servos, esc, and motor.

Which receiver should I shoot for that would work well with the 500 CF and my DX6i transmitter? I'm thinking that it should be the AR6200 due to the large CF frame on the 500, so you can position the remote antenna to prevent shadowing. Do you think it is safe to start out with the AR6100e for the initial setup with close by hovering, until I get my setup solid and start flying? Should I bite the bullet and just order another RX?

At this point I'm thinking of borrowing the AR6100e and the 2100T from one of my 450s until I come up with the $$ for a new receiver and 2100T for the 500. I just don't like to have one of my 450s down while I'm borrowing the parts. I guess when I get the 500 in the air flying the 450s may not seem so critical.

How about some opinions on the above?

orange78
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RX to use with my new EXI 500 CF   Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:23 pm

don't use the AR6100 on the 500, there is the high possability of the signal getting blocked and then your heli will crash (been there done that, should have spent the extra $30 in the beginning rather the $120 later) You might be able to get away with it but I personally Will NOT fly a 500 size or bigger heli without a dual antenna Rx.

PostSubject: That's kind of what I thought   Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Too big of a gamble for the little bit of money. I guess I'll have to spring for a AR6200. Anyone have a spare they want to get rid of?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RX to use with my new EXI 500 CF   

Back to top Go down

RX to use with my new EXI 500 CF
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Info, Video, Photos and Accesories :: RC Transmitters and Receivers-
Jump to: