RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ZERO PITCH QUESTION?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
burton8012

ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:08 pm

it feel like i have more of a like a hard wired feel to the heli with this TX only thing that sucks its kinda like im starting all over again when it comes to learning the feel of the controls.......

ive used big thumb stick end on my other Tx so i can get better control i gotta find some Stick end that have big thumb end cause the ones i have already don't fit cause the dx7 have thicker treads
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 pm

hey burton the rear servo sholud be your elevator and if you adjust the swash mix you should be able to tone it down a little....set them all to 100% and move the throttle to full and then adjust it back a little macguyver
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: DX7   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:51 pm

On the swash mix, set them low... that will soften it up!! The lower you go the softer it will be.. Stay very low on your expo like say 5% With swash mix...Leave PITCH alone...Reduce the other two to say 50 to start off.. First thing is go to full throttle in IDLE up and move the swash all round with the stick.. and make sure it is not hitting any thing at 100 I'm sure it will be.. reduce it till there is no interaction just so you know. Then go on down to like 50 and see how "soft" it is and slowly raise it up till you feel good with it..
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:52 pm

ohh cool so basicly go to that swash menu and adjust as needed i always thought they all had to be the same number and only difference was the neg or positive

there all at 60 now ill play around wit hit thanks alot FD

im kinda beginning to like the quick imput response too at first scared me but seems like i get better control

Hey FD has it been real windy down by you up hear the last few days been crazy wind ill be driving my car and dam wind blowing the car all ove the road when i was on Turnpike

Last edited by burton8012 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell checking)
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
On the swash mix, set them low... that will soften it up!! The lower you go the softer it will be.. Stay very low on your expo like say 5% With swash mix...Leave PITCH alone...Reduce the other two to say 50 to start off.. First thing is go to full throttle in IDLE up and move the swash all round with the stick.. and make sure it is not hitting any thing at 100 I'm sure it will be.. reduce it till there is no interaction just so you know. Then go on down to like 50 and see how "soft" it is and slowly raise it up till you feel good with it..

good one. :bigthumb: as what FD is stating, this reduces the sensitivity of the heli. As you you feel comfortable and as you get better, you will be adjusting for more response. Good luck guys!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: DX7   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Well, the swash mix isn't really sensitivity.. but it is travel. and how it helps is you are shorting the travel but still using the same distance of stick movement..So it seems as though you have lessened the sensitivity. Now with EXPO, that works on sensitivity!! But you must be very careful with it.. What happens is EXPO softens the movement away from CENTER but the end point does not change so even the begining is softened, the servo still will be at the same point at the end so you will get a rush at a point.. All of a sudden you will get a rush of movement to get to the end.. So keep expo low!!
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:54 pm

hey (007) .....im BACK to the exi Transpro zl build gave up past 2 weeks on it... need a part for my belt cp to fly so i figure work on this so maybe i can fly this one just went to the store and got me a TX for it so im good to go should be easyier now since i got my dx7 now

hey i think i will be able to get the 0 pitch i just did was u suggested by converting the two long links to the belt cp links shorter so give me more room for adjustments only problem i had was the exi eyelets don
t fit good on the belt cp link rods so i just did a simple swap and even changed the ball sockets to the Belts size ..........

............so far so good didn't get to setting it up yet i got to many heli's and parts all over my work bench makes it such a pain in the ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 591614 to work ill keep u posted so when i get in the mood to clean up work area ill get it done..

did u get yours working right (007)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:02 pm

still working on mine. work and family are keeping my away from it :prop:
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:24 pm

mines f-ed up i just started back on it and spooled it up to see how it does andit just vibtartes soo bad it looks like a blur when hoveriing and i changed out everything with new parts ands still does it i took the motor out and put it in a copter x and it did the same soo gotta be a bad motor and im sooo pissed its brand new with like no real flights on it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:49 pm

put eskymotor on mine spooled it up vibrates at 25% power might be the blades out of wack and might need dome adjustment still working
:grinn:
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:56 pm

nope this is all with no head cheak out my other thread on vibrations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:51 pm

het burton been awhile just went out to take my exi 450 for first flight..... not good I am not getting enough lift or pitch out of my set up getting to full throttle before I start to get any lift and then the heli wants to go to the right or trys to role over to the right still going through my set up everthing looks to ok until I plug the motor back up and it still looks good but when everything is spining it just will not lift. If it is possible can you share your setting you are useing or know anybody that can help???????? orange75

Crashed my honey bee fixed pitch into a tree today total loss orange4
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:47 am

My exi transpro is used for spare parts now lol ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 905176 for other heli's i gave up on the nightmare went out got the copter x and just got my trex 500 clone.......but i do think i know what u mean like your give it full throttle and it don't really lift?

i found my pitch range was out of wack when that happened to me once.... my pitch curves are for normal mod 48-49-50-77-100 and stunt 1 and 2 are linear........

...... throttle stunt 2 100-95-90-95-100 stunt 1 95-90-85-90-95 normal throttle 0-37-50-77-100
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:32 am

thax I"ll give it a try :grinn:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:22 pm

it flys it flys I have just gottten my exi 450 to fly and it does fly real nice (for now) turns out I needed the 13 tooth pinion on my motor batttery life sucks just under 5 min but I am pleased that after all the work and time spent and the time not spent that I was able to get it in the air :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:37 pm

lol bought time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:47 pm

I know right it only took two and half months but hey whos countin ( my wife is)
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:52 pm

im actually doing video chat with some kid in Canada with building is transpro zl but taking forever !!! took the poor kid 30 min to take the tail boom off lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZERO PITCH QUESTION?   ZERO PITCH QUESTION? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZERO PITCH QUESTION?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: