RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Servo Buzz???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jstarks

jstarks

Servo Buzz??? Empty
PostSubject: Servo Buzz???   Servo Buzz??? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:14 pm

Hey guys I have a couple of questions.
What causes a servo to buzz? On my belt v2 I have one (possibly 2) servos that buzz after I move the collective. If I move the collective up to any position and stop, they buzz until I give a small movement in the opposite direction.
I have cleaned and lubed the main shaft and all moving parts and everything feels free. What is happening in the servo to make it buzz?

Also, I crashed my belt yesterday and after the damage report includes an elevator servo. I don't know if the crash caused it to go out or if it went out and caused the crash???

Question is should I replace it with stock e-sky servo or different one? If a different one any recommendations on brand and model would help!

Thanks,

J.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Servo Buzz??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo Buzz???   Servo Buzz??? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Buzzing is normal thing for digital servos. orange6 Mine esky servos also buzzed for awhile, but after few months buzzing stopped :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

Servo Buzz??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo Buzz???   Servo Buzz??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:07 am

So the servo buzzing doesnt mean that it is in a bind? orange78

Also should I replace it with another stock servo and if I use an aftermarket servo for the elevator does that mean that I also need to change the aileron and pitch servos, so that all 3 are the same????

Thanks,

J.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Servo Buzz??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo Buzz???   Servo Buzz??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:01 pm

No, servo buzzing doesn't always mean binding
And you should replace all 3 servos. They should be the same, because different servos can move faster, travel more, which means inputs will not be very correct orange68
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

Servo Buzz??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo Buzz???   Servo Buzz??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:19 pm

When a servo buzz it means that something is not correct. (most of the time) Make sure that your transmitter is giving the wright signal. A digital signal is not correct for a non digital servo. It can also mean that there is too much tension or stress on the servo when it is in neutral position. There is an easy way to check this. Take off the servo horn. When the buzzing stops there is too much stress on the servo. Try to trim the servo one step en correct it with the linkage (make it longer or shorter). When the servo is stille buzzing after you took off the servo horn and the signal is correct, than you probebly have a bad servo. I don't know what kind of servo you are using so I don't know if they are cheap or not. I for myself use Furaba servos on my bigger scale heli. I don't want it to crash for beeing cheap on the servos. angry032

Too much stress on a servo will make it burn out afther a while.

I know. Been there and done that orange3
Back to top Go down
helikido

Servo Buzz??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo Buzz???   Servo Buzz??? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:35 pm

pevr wrote:
When a servo buzz it means that something is not correct. (most of the time) Make sure that your transmitter is giving the wright signal. A digital signal is not correct for a non digital servo. It can also mean that there is too much tension or stress on the servo when it is in neutral position. There is an easy way to check this. Take off the servo horn. When the buzzing stops there is too much stress on the servo. Try to trim the servo one step en correct it with the linkage (make it longer or shorter). When the servo is stille buzzing after you took off the servo horn and the signal is correct, than you probebly have a bad servo. I don't know what kind of servo you are using so I don't know if they are cheap or not. I for myself use Furaba servos on my bigger scale heli. I don't want it to crash for beeing cheap on the servos. angry032

Too much stress on a servo will make it burn out afther a while.

I know. Been there and done that orange3
no the buzzing on digitall servos are completely normal. it means that there holding everything in place and are not slacking off. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

Servo Buzz??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo Buzz???   Servo Buzz??? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:09 pm

I agree about a little buzz when you are using a digital servo. Had one in my RC car for the steering (Hitec) and that one was buzzing a little bit but not much. It always made me nervous. But when it is buzzing much, that is not normal. Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
helikido

Servo Buzz??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo Buzz???   Servo Buzz??? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:20 pm

pevr wrote:
I agree about a little buzz when you are using a digital servo. Had one in my RC car for the steering (Hitec) and that one was buzzing a little bit but not much. It always made me nervous. But when it is buzzing much, that is not normal. Crazysmile
much means there pressure on the servo. :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Servo Buzz??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo Buzz???   Servo Buzz??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Servo Buzz???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: