RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

E-Sky Big Lama works great with Blades from Walkera 400D

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beachcomber

E-Sky Big Lama works great with Blades from Walkera 400D Empty
PostSubject: E-Sky Big Lama works great with Blades from Walkera 400D   E-Sky Big Lama works great with Blades from Walkera 400D I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:26 pm

I like the Walkera 400D rotor blades on my Big Lama. They are the best I've tried (and I've tried most). All the others are too flexible or too fragile.

I finally got around to trimming and installing the 400D blades. Trimmed aprox 15 or 16 mm from the end of each with strong scissors, to match the length and aprox shape of stock E-Sky blades. The width is about the same as stock with no trimming. Checked balance on a digital scale. Had to use a small washer as a spacer in the blade holder; 400D blades aren't quite as thick at the root.

They are much stiffer (a very good thing), a little thicker and a little heavier than stock. Hopefully I won't find out too quickly how tough they are. They fly nicely and have plenty of lift. I'm using them with Brushless, so only guessing they would do fine with stock motors.
Back to top Go down

E-Sky Big Lama works great with Blades from Walkera 400D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: