RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Upgrading to a Belt CP V2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jerison

Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 Empty
PostSubject: Upgrading to a Belt CP V2   Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:57 am

Hi guys, I really need some advice or opinions here.

I've recently got used to flying a Lama V3, turns, nose-in etc. Would this put me in better stead when upgrading to the Belt which is single rotor. I've heard that flying a single rotor is a different ball game. I've no plans to do 3D, would just love a bigger heli with a better response and the most important, to be able to fly outdoors which I can't with the Lama.

Rgds
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading to a Belt CP V2   Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:15 pm

I would not recommend getting a collective pitch heli at this stage. Flying coaxial is not even close to single rotor heli. You will be to slow with the sticks and over react once you get a single rotor heli in the air because you are used to how stable a coax heli is. This pretty much guaranties you will crash. Because of this you better off crashing a fixed pitch heli because they don't break that easy and it's cheaper and easier to fix. Get something like Honey Bee FP v2 or even v1 if you can.
Back to top Go down
jerison

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading to a Belt CP V2   Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Tks Flag,

Can the HB V2 can fly outdoors in light to moderate wind? If can, I should be ok with a FP heli.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading to a Belt CP V2   Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:15 pm

it should no problem. good luck!
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading to a Belt CP V2   Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:15 am

In my opinion Honey Bee FP v2 will handle fine in light under 10 mph wind as long as the pilot has the skills. But With stronger wind it will be a handful as it starts to gain then lose altitude to much. So try to go fly on calm days when you can as it hovers much better in no wind.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading to a Belt CP V2   Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 am

jerison wrote:
Tks Flag,

Can the HB V2 can fly outdoors in light to moderate wind? If can, I should be ok with a FP heli.

Outside flight, yep :prop:

Back to top Go down
jerison

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading to a Belt CP V2   Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:10 am

Beautiful flying there man...

Just a couple of questions though..

If you were to stop and hover midway high up, would that be difficult to do? and

What about a HB CP3 heli? For a few bucks more I could get that and still fly in normal mode right?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading to a Belt CP V2   Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:19 pm

nope, wouldn't be difficult at all UNLESS you bought the HBCP 3, sorry to those who have one but that heli is absolute crap, a CP with a tail motor is the dumbest thing ever and the HBCP 2/3 are alot harder to fly then the HBFP V2
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading to a Belt CP V2   Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:26 pm

This is a fixed pitch heli!!!!!! Any questions??? :hahaha:

Back to top Go down
jerison

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading to a Belt CP V2   Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:06 am

Ok guys, I am bought over and have just ordered a HBFP v2. But didn't get the training kit.. Hope that with my experience with my Lama v3 that should help... tks for all ur help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgrading to a Belt CP V2   Upgrading to a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgrading to a Belt CP V2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: