HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Share | 

slow down a heli?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaymm2

PostSubject: slow down a heli?   Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:58 pm

once my heli starts going forward for sideways, I notice it starts picking up speed.

When I pull the stick in the opposite direction, it still takes a while before it changes direction because of the momentum. How do you slow down a heli?

I'm at that stage where I don't want to go fast, I just wanna fly forwards and hover, but I end up picking up a lot of speed and crashing.
Back to top Go down
Eddie NYC

PostSubject: Re: slow down a heli?   Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:21 pm

Which heli? I'm dealing with this too, especially outside where I have some room to move it around. What's been helping me is to use small and gradual stick movements to try to not build up the momentum that needs to be quickly countered. Or if I have to move the stick quickly to counter a movement, not holding it there and letting it immediately go to a more neutral positioned has helped too.

I honestly don't know if what I'm doing is right, but it seems to be helping compared to what I was doing.
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: slow down a heli?   Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm practicing in a rc heli sim right now. I pick up speed and get out of control.

I start off slow... then as I fly around, I end up going faster and faster and faster till the point where I can't control it and crash.

It's different from an RC car, in that if you let go of the throttle for a car, it slows down. For a heli, i can't do that.. or it'll drop and crash.
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: slow down a heli?   Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:04 pm

@Kaymm2...
You are doing what you are supposed to be doing. Pulling the stick back or in the opposte direction will slow you down until you can finally reach a hover. The more you pull, the fast you should slow down or reverse direction.

While in forward flight, going back to center stick will in theory bring you back to a hover, you will in actuality be 'coasting'. Like you said, once you get moving the heli is carrying a decent amount of momentum with little resistance. It might take it a while to come to a stop.

That being said, prevention is the best cure. Don't allow your heli to get out of control before trying to rein it back in. Small stick movements until you know your limits. And like Eddie said in his post, and I have seen in several training vids, 'flicking' the sticks might help to bring the heli under control if it begins to slip away from you.
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: slow down a heli?   Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:04 pm

I did some more flying in the sim. I basically would bring it back to a hover once in a while when I felt I was going too fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: slow down a heli?   

Back to top Go down

slow down a heli?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1