RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Feathering shaft Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GSXR01

Feathering shaft Help Empty
PostSubject: Feathering shaft Help   Feathering shaft Help I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Hello Nuttcaze

I have come to this forum via YouTube. Before I ask my question I would just like to say thank you for your posts on YouTube on how to repair.

I am a total beginner and new to the sport.

I followed your vid on how to replace the feathering shaft on my CP V2 but I have run into a problem. On your vid you do not mention two silver washers that I am left over with when I follow your instructions so I have put them where I think they go for now!
I have looked in the E Sky manual but that does not help much!

The problem is that now I have reassembled everything the rotor head is now quite stiff to turn by hand and a squeaking noise can be heard from the rotor head which was not there before.
When I try to check for pitch using a pitch gaudge the blades will not lift up anymore by hand, they feel like they will bend the feathering shaft if I force them up. They will rotate but not go up. The blades will not change pitch via the transmitter either.
I have recently taken off the push rods on the upper part of the rotor head and replaced these with titanium turnbuckles. I adjusted these to 57.15mm as per the size given in the E Sky manual.

I have put onto the feathering shaft in this order,
the O- ring, then two silver washers, then the copper coloured domed washer (flat side facing the O-ring).
Then the blade grip, then the washer with the balls exposed facing the washer already in the blade grip, then the washer with a grove in it, this is facing so that the flat side is facing the nut.

Could you please let me know if I have put these on in the wrong order, and what you think the problem is.

Thank's again

All The Best

GSXR01
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft Help   Feathering shaft Help I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 2:38 pm

there is a video I made about it before, its on my website, check here http://www.myrcguides.com/BeltCPV2.html
Back to top Go down
GSXR01

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft Help   Feathering shaft Help I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Thank's for your reply Marc.

I used your video ESky Belt CP - Introduction pt. 5 to change my feathering shaft.

The link you gave me on your reply to me, see the video you made previously "The order of washes & bearings in the blade grip". It wont load onto the page when I go into the link you provided. Their are other video's on the page that load fine, but the one I need is an empty box with no video.

Can you please help.

Thank's Again

GSXR01
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft Help   Feathering shaft Help I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:11 pm

sorry for the late reply, haven't been near a comp for a while but I think the washers you are talking about are the ones that should go between the rubber bushing in the head and the metal spacer going to the blade grip. It'll be a while before I have time to disassemble mine to take some pics, I'm just extremely busy right now.
Back to top Go down
GSXR01

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft Help   Feathering shaft Help I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:57 pm

Thank's for getting Marc.
Dont worry I know it must be hard tying to find the time to answer all our quesrtion's.
Just know that it is truly appreciated.
For any newbies out there I found a video on YouTube that really helped me a lot, it's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWKTWMea1Y8

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft Help   Feathering shaft Help I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:44 pm

here some more videos about it that might help, when I get home later I'll take some pics if you still need them

Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft Help   Feathering shaft Help I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi,
In belt cp v2 manual there is a diagram how to put everything back together.
Back to top Go down
GSXR01

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft Help   Feathering shaft Help I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:04 pm

I think I have the washers etc in the right place now, as they are in the same place as the video link that I provided. If you have any pictures that would be appreciated.
When I had all of the link's, featherting shaft etc removed from the swash plate the rotor head was still stiff to turn by hand so I susspect that the main shaft is bent. Do you think that a bent main shaft would cause this stiffness in the rotor head?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft Help   Feathering shaft Help I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:15 pm

its possible that you tightened down the feathering shaft nuts too much, they need to be loose enough to let the blade grips twist freely but not soo lose that they start getting sloppy and loose.
Back to top Go down
GSXR01

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft Help   Feathering shaft Help I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:37 am

THank You.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feathering shaft Help   Feathering shaft Help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feathering shaft Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: