RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Just got HPFP v2 - some questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

Just got HPFP v2 - some questions Empty
PostSubject: Just got HPFP v2 - some questions   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Just received my green hbfp v2 from xheli today. I've watched the videos by Nuttcaze on how to set it up but still have some questions.

1. It's clear the blade tracking is off, but how do I tell which blade needs adjusting?

2. The manual does not make it clear how the battery is supposed to be mounted, it seems to show the velcro tape wrapped around the battery lengthwise and then jammed in, but this does not secure the battery and I am not sure how far to put it in. What am I missing here? Does the Velcro wrap around the frame someplace?

3. Do the LED lights on the Transmitter indicate Transmitter Battery Charge or Helicopter Battery Charge? I ran the copter at min. throttle to seat the brushes and after 10 minutes one of the green bars had ticked off.

4. Do I connect the battery THEN turn on the tx or the other way around?

5. When I give it full throttle, the Green light on the copter (4 in 1?) turns red until I throttle back..is this normal?

6. There was a strip of white tape hanging off of one of the blades, having seen this in the videos I assumed it was factory balancing and pressed it back into place. Correct?

7. At near full throttle the blades make the air give off a Loud howling, growling sound and the tracking goes totally wonky, like the blades are flexing incorrectly. Is this normal? What causes this? It goes away and tracking returns to normalish when I back the throttle down.

Thanks in Advance.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Just got HPFP v2 - some questions   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:37 pm

Question 4 should have been question 1:

Always, always, always..... transmiter on first, transmitter off last.

When getting ready to fly, TURN TRANSMITER ON FIRST, then plug in heli.

At end of flight, UNPLUG HELI FIRST, then turn off transmiter off.

NEVER EVER PLUG IN HELI WIYHOUT TRANSMITTER BEING ON.

Didn't mean to appear to be yelling, but this is the FIRST, and most important rule to learn. old

Really needed to make sure you get this so you don't hurt yourself or destroy your heli.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Welcome to the forum welcome sign
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Just got HPFP v2 - some questions   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:12 pm

\
Now for your other questions:

1. Paint the tip of one blade white, and you will be able to see which blade is low or high.

2. Throw away the velcro and use a good thick rubber band around the holder and the battery.

3. Indicates Transmitter battery level.

4. Already got that one.

5. Yes, don't worry about it.

6. Remove it and rebalance your blades.

7. I assume you are spinning it up while holding it down. The heli is trying to lift your weight and it is causing the blades to flex. It won't happen in normal flight.

Again welcome, glad to have you aboard. Sorry if I sounded harsh on question 4, but when I read the question, all I could picture was you saying to yourself " I wonder what happens if I plug the heli in first" orange43

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

PostSubject: Re: Just got HPFP v2 - some questions   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:15 pm

Also, how do I know how far to push the battery in? There oddly does not seem to be a obvious "stop" for it.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Just got HPFP v2 - some questions   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:21 pm

Again, never, ever plug in the heli first.

With heli unplugged, and Tx off.

Throttle stick all the way to lowest position, throttle trim set to lowest position. All other trims centered.

TURN ON TX.

Plug in heli. Don't touch heli until light goes solid green.

If that doesn't happen, unplug heli, turn off Tx.

Then we will try something else.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

shadowforce1946

PostSubject: heli balance   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:42 pm

hold the heli by the fly bar on top of each fore finger. 1 on each side of the fly bar. If tail is low, move battery foward. If nose is low move battery back. You can make a heli balancer. Make a square frame out of 1x2 About 16x16 inches. make another frame about 16 inches high and screw it up like a goal post. Get a dowl rod. Drill 2 holes big enough for dowl rod to fit in about 4 inches apart. Hang heli by flybar facing the up rights on the frame on :bigthumb: dowl rods and you can balance it. I made 1 for myself and it works great. Here is a photo of mine.
You can also make a test stand for your heli to check and set the tail and to track the blades. If interested i'll tell you how. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

PostSubject: Re: Just got HPFP v2 - some questions   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:06 am

I appreciate all your answers. Yes I typically have always turned the transmitter on first however I was not patient enough at first to realize that it will blink longer with the tx on first, first before it eventually locks.

Another Question - The 4 in 1 unit is loose, it does not appear fastened in, though it seems snug enough. I can wiggle it slightly with my fingers. Is this normal?

Other than that, if somebody could tell me or give me a link to a quick way to balance out the blades (easier the better) I should be able to start hovering in a couple of days when my LHS gets anti-crash kits in stock again.
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: Just got HPFP v2 - some questions   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:20 am

Grasshopper wrote:
I should be able to start hovering in a couple of days when my LHS gets anti-crash kits in stock again.

Meanwhile, practice in the sim alot, it is a great way to understand the flying of ur heli, praticing and saving you from many hard crashes and spare parts :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

PostSubject: Re: Just got HPFP v2 - some questions   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:11 am

I finally got HeliSim to work now that I have the real Esky transmitter, and while it certainly is more difficult to fly a copter it suffers from two major faults..it flips the image oddly so you lose orientation unless you see the ground and the Sim just resets for no apparent reason at times.

I've been practicing in FMS for several months, on and off. What I do know is that when I go live with this bird I'm going to need a giant open space with no wind. However such a thing does not exist where I live so I'm not sure what to do exactly lol.
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Just got HPFP v2 - some questions   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:40 am

Grasshopper, most of your questions can be answered by watching the videos on the sticky's in this forum and all the vids on myrcguides.com. Here is how I set up my brand new HBFPv2 last week, and after four full batteries, I can hover pretty well and consistently at 2': https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/4ch-fp-and-co-axial-helicopters-f7/hbfp-upgrades-can-someone-help-please-t1314.htm I suggest finding access to a gym somewhere you can fly when it is totally vacant. Because of the temps here, that's where I'll be for the next 6 months. I am going to have to restrict myself to a small area in the middle though, or my flying will get pretty sloppy. There is plenty of room for forward flight and about 40' of height. There is a lot of good stuff in the HPFP Bible: http://www.slyster.com/heli/hbfpbible.html Read and watch everything you can, filter it through your own common sense, a bit of trial and error, and you should be on your way. You may want to order a bunch of replacement parts like I have. Most parts are between $1-3 and it's not difficult to have most of what you might break on hand.
Back to top Go down
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

PostSubject: Thank You   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:26 pm

Thank you for the links and Advice.

I have got some good videos on this copter and have balanced the blades and the tracking, later today going to tackle the paddle setup. If my LHS and the weather cooperate I should be outside with it in the next couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got HPFP v2 - some questions   Just got HPFP v2 - some questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got HPFP v2 - some questions
Page 1 of 1