RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Does gear wobble cause major vibration?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
burton8012

Does gear wobble cause major vibration? Empty
PostSubject: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Sorry guys for all the posts on this topic but ive changes everything and this is only thing i can think of
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:15 pm

I would definitely put a new main gear in there. Also make sure your tail blade paddles weigh the same and try to tighten them up a bit so they don't flop all around.

oh if you want me to change you sig just let me know but that was the only pic of your helis I could find orange71
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:29 pm

i think im just gunna chuck it the trash cause i just got a new set of top and bottom gear set for a t-rex 450 at the LHS jsut now and only thing that changed is that it works ok for a few seconds then it vibrates so bad that all my screws are coming lose even the blue locktit screws... now my motor screws just came lose even now and then if i sqweeze the boom with my finger tips the vibration stops. but that only stops it once in awhile if i try and do that again later on it dosen't do anything just vibrates soo hard my fingers hurt from the vibrations thats how bad it it its kinda happens on and off but mostly 90% of the time it vibrates soooo bad....

i think its time just to take of my servos motor and esc and just trash it it really not worth it anymore i changed everything and nothing works only thing not changed is the tiny main tail drive gear looks like a tiny bit of wobble in that but highly unlikely that making vibrate the heli..everything is falling off of it ...

keep in mind this is all happening now with the head removed and only the swashplate its hooked up with the main shaft so its not the head its not the main gears its not the belt its not the tail assembly tried 3 different ones ans still happens ...face it exi is just Does gear wobble cause major vibration? 591614 products
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Check your motor!

Look for bad bearings. Its starting to sound like the problems
I was/am having with my Esmart.

You have done everything but look at the motor.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:43 pm

bearing in the motor?

took the motor off and held it in my hand and turn it on full power felt smooth and no vibrations but mabybe that wouldn't determin anything? its brand new align motor too maybe under 10 li-po's through it
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 am

bad motor?

Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:21 pm

It may or may not be the motor but testing it with no load is not a valid test.

Is the shaft straight? Can you put a motor from your other helis on to try?

You have tried everything else right?
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:32 pm

it just seems odd that when i did take the motor out of the exi and put in in the copter x with the everything hooked up just not the main blades it did the same as the exi thats why im thinking bad motor ....BUT i took and old motor i had and put it on both heli's and does the same as the align motor what are the odds two motors are broke kinda hard to believe so im totally lost but you can see the motors vibrating when u spool up with no load ...it should soooo smooth with no load right you shouldn't really see any movement on the motor
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:44 pm

I think you are say'n that you did swap motors and it didnt help?

Yeah I doubt there is 2 motors bad. Have you tried the new trex gears yet?
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:48 pm

yup swap motors out same thing ...also picked up new top and bottom gears align t-rex 450 ones yesterday and still the same only thing not changed in the tail drive gear for the tail the tiny one that touches the bottom main gear but that can't be doing this
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Man sorry to hear that..... I know how you feel trust me. Just look at my esmart
build thread. I have had good luck with EXI way more than Esky. I think Esky
products suck. In the end I think its just bad/cheap part manufacturing thats
getting us.

Only thing I can suggest is concentrate on the speed of the vibration.
Meaning if it is a fast vibration only fast moving parts can do that. Same
if it is a slower vibration.

Good luck I will continue to give ideas when I think of them......
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:01 pm

u know what.... i think u are right the bearings must be bad went over to helifreak.com and everyone said bearings i took the motor off and held it in my hand and at mid stick u can feel it osilating like its not balanced when u hold the motor in your hand your should feel nothing but the humming smooth sound right......it feels like your driving your car over pebbels is good way to decrib the feeling only and mid stick...

there shouldn't be nothing like that right?

Last edited by burton8012 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jdino2

jdino2

PostSubject: Vibration   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Burton;

It's as rare as a solor eclipse to have two Align brushless motors go bad all of a sudden.......
You really need to explore the cause of the motor damage........Otherwise you'll be having the same problem over and over...........

Maybe it's time to retrace your install steps related to the new main shaft, gear alignment, bushings and bearings.......Like Finless refered (and he is a master)......that much vibration must be coming from something related to the torgue of the motor and anything relying on the shaft movement.

Good luck........

Jdino2
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:47 pm

only one is align motor other in a cheapee i got for 15 bucks
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:59 pm

I dont want to say without actually looking at your motor myself. I can tell you
that what you are describing sounds like the problems I am having with my Esmart.
I know it is the bearings on that motor 100%. It is a different design than the Align
motor. I was using the Align 430L on my EXI450. On the esmart the outside of
motor turns and I was able to hold it in my hand and actually move the housing
alot. I took the bearings apart and found the cage to the balls was broken and twisted.

Anyway I am say'n your symptoms seem alot like mine and it was from motor bearings..
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:19 am

motor should have no vibrations at all in them right??? when u strap a motor to a bare frame and go up and down the the throttle u shouldn't hear or see any movement on the frame right?

also just took apart the frame and took out the small tail drive gear and the shaft looks slightly bent when i spin it that prob not helping too
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:02 pm

you guys are not going to Does gear wobble cause major vibration? 591614 believe all this Does gear wobble cause major vibration? 591614 after putting eveydam new thng on i can think of an testing the motor with the vibrations ...i just took my belt cp esc and hooked it up to my align motor and no more vibrations i didn't know an esc can make a motor vibrate!!! all this money and trouble due to a esc im 90% sure only monted to bare frame and it no longer makes the noise u see in the video above i will know al 100 when t all hooked up....

and now the esc goes beep beep beep beep(align one) doesn't stop doesn't =even make the motor run at all now was working last night and now nothing only the servo's work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does gear wobble cause major vibration?   Does gear wobble cause major vibration? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does gear wobble cause major vibration?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: