RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

honeybee v2 shaft

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mtrav

honeybee v2 shaft Empty
PostSubject: honeybee v2 shaft   honeybee v2 shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm

I have the new honeybee v2 and I was wondering if anyone knows how the main shaft come off on this model? I was just thinking of future upgrades, and I am not sure how it pulls out. Do you know of an easy way to take it out? Or does the whole landing skid and frame need to be taken apart to get it out? Any advice will be a big help.

Thanks,

Mike
Back to top Go down
KJ

KJ

honeybee v2 shaft Empty
PostSubject: hb v2 main shaft   honeybee v2 shaft I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:01 am

mtrav wrote:
I have the new honeybee v2 and I was wondering if anyone knows how the main shaft come off on this model? I was just thinking of future upgrades, and I am not sure how it pulls out. Do you know of an easy way to take it out? Or does the whole landing skid and frame need to be taken apart to get it out? Any advice will be a big help.

Thanks,

Mike
Hey mike. Just checked out the info on the hb v2 on xheli.com And the description says it has a "screw on frame" I don't know personally. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

honeybee v2 shaft Empty
PostSubject: Re: honeybee v2 shaft   honeybee v2 shaft I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:42 pm

I might be wrong, but I think you need to remove servo links from swash plate, unscrew collar (metal part that is under swash plate). Then push shaft and remove pin under main gear. And then remove whole head with shaft! :bigthumb:
I might be wrong, cause I don't have honey bee v2 headbeat

Last edited by P3tras on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Willy Green

Willy Green

honeybee v2 shaft Empty
PostSubject: Re: honeybee v2 shaft   honeybee v2 shaft I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:36 pm

I have succesfully taken my main shaft out. Not sure if its the right way, but new shaft is coming today and i will probably install it soon.
I unscrewed a couple of screws from the frame to lossen it a bit to get the Bearings out. My shaft was bent so it was extra hard to get out.

I think you have to just use a Allen wrench below the swashplate. There is a nut with a screw in it attached to the shaft. Use the Allen and loosen it up. It might just slide out with ease.
But if you can lift the shaft up a bit, you could get that pin out next to the gear then it should slide out just like p3tra said.

Hope this helps.

Hopefully i can upgrade my v2 or ill be crying on the forums in a bit.
orange4
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

honeybee v2 shaft Empty
PostSubject: Re: honeybee v2 shaft   honeybee v2 shaft I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 5:09 pm

I just looked at the HBFP V2 and the Rotor Head looks the same as V1...

I just changed my main gear a few minutes ago and basically you disconnect the 2-Servo Push Rods and then use the Allen Wrench and loosen the Silver Collar below the Swashplate and then push everything down by pushing on top of the Rotor Head, then while holding the head down push up on the gear so you can get to the tiny pin that hold it in... Take a small pair of pliers and pull the pin out and don't lose it... Next just pull the gear off and you will now have to gently pull back on the Vertical Guide until the Swashplate pin is clear and you should be able to pull the Head and Shaft all the way out...

When you put it back together make sure your pushing up on the Main Gear to get the teeth to align with the motor gear then tighten the Silver Collar back down and you should be good to go... As far as getting every thing off the shaft I have no clue I haven't tried that yet but it looks like there is a Tiny Pin threw the middle piece on the Swashplate. Not sure if you'd have to take out the Flybar, probably not..

:grinn:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

honeybee v2 shaft Empty
PostSubject: Re: honeybee v2 shaft   honeybee v2 shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

honeybee v2 shaft
Page 1 of 1