RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

can this prevent lift off

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jerison

can this prevent lift off Empty
PostSubject: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:11 am

My HFBP v2 had a broken linkage at the paddle outer frame. Thus only one link is attached to the swashplate and I was flying it without knowing. Suspected something was wrong coz the heli could not lift off despite full throttle. Is the broken link the cause of this?
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:34 pm

jerison wrote:
My HFBP v2 had a broken linkage at the paddle outer frame. Thus only one link is attached to the swashplate and I was flying it without knowing. Suspected something was wrong coz the heli could not lift off despite full throttle. Is the broken link the cause of this?

I would have thought so as the pitch would be incorrect.
Back to top Go down
jerison

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:58 pm

tks, this is where the vid on changing the center hub comes in handy. believe in order to replace the paddle outer frame the hub needs to be removed? correct me if i m wrong
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:08 pm

jerison wrote:
tks, this is where the vid on changing the center hub comes in handy. believe in order to replace the paddle outer frame the hub needs to be removed? correct me if i m wrong

All you have to do is remove the rotor head assembly, loosen the grub screws under outer paddle control frame (2 of them), slide flybar out (with paddles removed) remove and replace outter paddle control frame, install and center flybar and put all back together the way it came apart, make sure everthing is centered on the flybar. Very easy I have replaced many, many, many paddle control frames so far. Hope this helps :prop:
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Read this, very important:

Subject: HBFP center hub/flybar binding tip Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:01 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've noticed that almost every time I install a new center hub on my HBFP that the hole in the center hub that the flybar goes through is very tight around the flybar.

TIP: Before you install the new center hub onto the shaft, insert your flybar through the hole in the center hub to test the fit. If the fit is not loose, use a small rat tail file or drill bit to ream the hole out enough so that the flybar fits through the hole loosly. This must be a loose fit or your flybar and rotor head will bind and cause all types of flight problems.

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
jerison

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:43 pm

Tks to all I've managed to fix back a new paddle outer frame. However, although I do get lift off, I m still not too happy with it. Hope experts here dun mind helping out a few questions..

1) Has the paddle got to be tracked just like the tracking of the main rotors?

2) Do the paddle angles make any difference in lift off?

3) Must I adjust the throttle trim upwards to the center so that when I use the stick to throttle, I can get better height?

Tks!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 am

1. Yes, it is very importand that the flybar be centered in the center hub end to end and that the paddles be equal distance from the head and level with each other.

2. The best position for the paddles is for them to be level with the outer paddle control frame and with each other.

3. No, keep your throttle trim to it's lowest point.

In short, the flybar and paddles must be balanced and in line and adjusted properly. Although it isn't the only thing to pay attention to, in my experience it is VERY important to the performance of the HBFP.
Back to top Go down
jerison

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:33 pm

tks donnie. wish to ask. i find if the paddles r pitched up slightly i can lift off n hover easier. also wats the purpose of the throttle trim if it has to be down all the time even during flight. hope u can help my queries.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Yes you can pitch the paddles up or down a slight bit as long as they are both the same pitch, which
can be difficult to acomplish without some type of gauge.

The heli sometimes will not initilize, that is the 4 in 1 will not go green, unless the throttle pitch is all the way down. After 4 in 1 initilizes, you can move throttle up if you want, but you should not need to if heli is adjusted properly.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jerison

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 12:54 am

tks again Don. what will happen to the heli if the two paddles pitch angles r off? unbalanced flight, difficulty taking off etc?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:58 am

Any and all of those problems can happen. The HBFP is a great helicopter, but it is fickle. Sometimes you can have a problem that makes it shake like crazy, but it flys fine, and then again you can have a problem, the heli looks smoothe as silk but will hardly lift off the ground.

I've said time and time again that by far the most difficult part if repairing these helis, and especially the HBFP, is diagnosing the problem.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:00 am

If you pitch the paddle +3 up to +5, it will stablelize the heli a bit during hover.
I have a paper pitch gauge where you can adjust your paddle to: -3, 0, +3, +5
If I know how to put a file in this post, I can share it with you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can this prevent lift off   can this prevent lift off I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can this prevent lift off
Page 1 of 1