HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Share | 

Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grasshopper

PostSubject: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:59 pm

I finally took the heli outside to just lift it off the ground a little and noticed the tail always goes left. I expect the copter to lean to the left during takeoff (as per the videos) but I assume the tail if setup right will stay more or less straight?

I've cranked the Proportion control all the way over and set the trim all the way over and only then does it even start to not pull so much.
What am I missing here? Is it only something you can adjust a few feet up? Could there be a setup issue?

Oddly when I first took it outside it seemed like I over-compensated, the tail was then moving to the right. But upon bringing it inside (on shallow carpet) it only goes left no matter. Weird.
Back to top Go down
davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 pm

Make sure to unplug the battery before any Proportion adjustment is made, then plug battery back up. May be a good idea to read here, see setup, then proportion mix steps 1-9.
Hope this helps, if not you may have a tail motor going out....
Back to top Go down
Grasshopper

PostSubject: Re: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Ok, my bad. either the manual is backwards or I misread it but I was going the wrong way (slaps self). I finally got it setup ok but was a little lazy so finally just used a couple ticks of trim to keep the tail straight.

Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
Willy Green

PostSubject: Re: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:34 pm

get a lazy susan, makes your life alot easier!
Back to top Go down
davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:05 am

Willy Green wrote:
get a lazy susan, makes your life alot easier!

Did I miss something, a lazy susan for what???? orange44
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:21 am

You can make a set up base out of a lazy susan. Strap your heli down to it and you can spin your heli up so you can set up your tail. The lazy susan will let the heli spin just like it is in the air, but it will be safely tied down so you can make adjustments to the tail. You can also clamp it so it will not spin and make other adjustments like blade tracking safely.

I made one awhile back and it works great. I use it quite often. You can get thre lazy susan bearings from the hardware store for just a couple of bucks. I understand old computer hard drive bearings work even better because they spin easier and smoother

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Matthew 22 : 35-40
Back to top Go down
davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:30 am

headbeat Ohhh ok, I hadn't thought of that, :clap: Thanks DD & Willy Green orange74
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:56 am

Sorry, I'm lost. What is lazy susan?

Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:43 am

Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:53 am

It is a gizmo that some people use on dinner tables and keep salt, pepper, sugar, stuff like that on it. The surface is like a disc of wood maybe 24" in diameter, and it is attached to a bearing that allows it to spin. If you need the salt, for instance, and it is on the far side from you, if it is on the lazy susan, you just grab the edge of the lazy susan and slowly spin it around till you can reach the salt. Does that make sense? Boy some of the simplest things are kind of hard to explain.

Anyway, you can buy the bearings for these things from the hardware store and make a spinning work top for your helis that you can strap the heli down to and it makes it easy to set up your tail rotor.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
shadowforce1946

PostSubject: build this   Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:46 am

If you would take the time to built this it would save alot of time. Cost about $10. Photo at left
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:22 pm

shadowforce1946 wrote:
If you would take the time to built this it would save alot of time. Cost about $10. Photo at left

Maybe you can go throught the building process and the material you use?

:prop:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2   

Back to top Go down

Tail always wants to go left HBFPv2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1