RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Noobie here, with some upgrade questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JayKor

Noobie here, with some upgrade questions Empty
PostSubject: Noobie here, with some upgrade questions   Noobie here, with some upgrade questions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Hey all, man this is alot of research, wow. Nice to be here!

After lots of research, I just ordered my Honey Bee V2, I felt like this was the next logical step to learning to fly the big dogs later on.

My question is,
Can someone give me the Top 5 Upgrade to be done for a better flying experience. whether it be stronger parts, or more manuverability...etc...

BTW, great website, looks liek great people to speak to.

I think I'll be around for a while!
(don't tell the wife)

Jay
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Noobie here, with some upgrade questions   Noobie here, with some upgrade questions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:29 pm

welcome sign Jay to the forum. First thing to upgrade is the rotor blades, these are new and only $12.95 plus SH. Stock blades are hard to track. You will need some spare parts and extra batterys, can only fly for aout 6-10 minutes and then its about 1 1/2 hrs to recharge said batterys.

Jay you are wright there is soooo much info here and everybody will help all they can, good luck and keep us posted .... :chickendance: flyaway
Back to top Go down
JayKor

PostSubject: Re: Noobie here, with some upgrade questions   Noobie here, with some upgrade questions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Hey, thanks for the welcome, and the info,
Anyone know a goods parts dealer in Canada/quebec for HBFP V2 parts.

Or if the US, a site that is truly a great reseller, and has the "right " price on parts.

noob
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: Noobie here, with some upgrade questions   Noobie here, with some upgrade questions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:57 am

Hey Jay,
welcome sign welcome sign welcome sign welcome sign welcome sign

These guys are in Malden,MA which while still in the US, maybe the shipping would be less. I have ordered from them several times and they are GREAT!!

This company is in British Columbia but I have'nt ordered anything from them so I dont know how they are?

You will find that a bunch of people on here(myself included) order a lot of stuff from here but they are in HK. They have great prices on batteries and a lot of other stuff. I usually build up a list of parts and things that I want, but dont need right away, and when the list gets big enough I place the order.

HBFP V2 is a great bird and doesn't require much upgrading(if any). IMO the blades are the best upgrade. It doesnt pay to upgrade anything else until you get very comfortable with flying it. I put these blades on about three weeks ago and they are great! I think the are almost the same as the ones from Superskids. Either will serve you well!

Hope this helps and again, WELCOME!!!! orange60

J.
Back to top Go down
palmyman

palmyman

PostSubject: landing skids for HBCP2   Noobie here, with some upgrade questions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:00 am

Hi all,

I bought Honey Bee CP2 a moth ago. It's my first sigle rotor heli. Before I had only coaxial 3ch helis. I've spent hours on the siulator, but Im stil afraid of flying. So I fly only "jumply". Everytime I go out to fly I break original landing skids. I'm realy tired of repearing them. I would like to upgraid them, but in my country(I live in Czech Republic) there upgraids aren't available. But I heve idea of replace them by landing skids and batery holder for Honey Bee King 2. Do you think it will be posible?

Thanks a lot
Back to top Go down
KJ

KJ

PostSubject: king landing gear on hb f/p   Noobie here, with some upgrade questions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:05 am

palmyman wrote:
Hi all,

I bought Honey Bee CP2 a moth ago. It's my first sigle rotor heli. Before I had only coaxial 3ch helis. I've spent hours on the siulator, but Im stil afraid of flying. So I fly only "jumply". Everytime I go out to fly I break original landing skids. I'm realy tired of repearing them. I would like to upgraid them, but in my country(I live in Czech Republic) there upgraids aren't available. But I heve idea of replace them by landing skids and batery holder for Honey Bee King 2. Do you think it will be posible?

Thanks a lot
Yes it is possible. You will have to do a little grinding on the battery tray to add clearance for the main gear. When you put it on you will see what I mean. It is a very simple fix. The king2 bat. tray and skids add more weight so I would recommend using an 11.1v/ 1000mah li-po. KJ smiley-happy088 fly high
Back to top Go down
palmyman

palmyman

PostSubject: Re: Noobie here, with some upgrade questions   Noobie here, with some upgrade questions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:29 am

KJ wrote:
palmyman wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks a lot
Yes it is possible. You will have to do a little grinding on the battery tray to add clearance for the main gear. When you put it on you will see what I mean. It is a very simple fix. The king2 bat. tray and skids add more weight so I would recommend using an 11.1v/ 1000mah li-po. KJ smiley-happy088 fly high

I already have two ones 1000mah li-po. Thanks for help, hope I will fix it. But I have one more question. What shell I do if blades and paddels are absolutely level and this stange thing happends?

When I put the throtle stick slightly up from to the midle, heli doesn't want to fly. I have to put the stick to the full throtle, then it immidiately it starts making diferent sound and it has big power to fly up, but if I put the throtle stick back slightly up from the midle it still has power to fly, diferent sound and it turns to the left. The rotor is slower then it was before. orange4

I don't know what is wrong, please help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noobie here, with some upgrade questions   Noobie here, with some upgrade questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noobie here, with some upgrade questions
Page 1 of 1