RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ty

Ty

E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around Empty
PostSubject: E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around   E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:23 pm

This model is the mini edge 540 that is out of production. It came as an ARF. I'm powering it with a Turnigy 3536 1100kv motor, a Turnigy Sentry 40A ESC, 11.1 v 20C 2200mah lipo, AR500 Rx and Spektrum DX7 Tx.
This plane turned out to be a dud for E-Flite. It does not fly well. Not good at pattern or 3D...welll, so so 3D. Does not hover too well, too much radio input. Whilst flying, the edges look stream lined and defined.
For this vid, i didn't do too much.....just flew and goofed around. The landing was a "Three Point Landing".....if you can figure out what I mean, I'll give you a free flight... :giggle: with the Edge.
I believe it's one of the last one's remaining that is still flying. I've never crashed this one.
Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around   E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Cool plane thanks for the video. Reminds me of my Eflite FuntanaX I flew
last year. I had same kind of probs only it could have been because I put
the vertical tail piece on slightly wrong not sure....

I had problems getting it to fly and perform the way I wanted it too. I never crashed
it but ended up selling it......
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around   E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:46 pm

The Funtana is a nice plane to fly. It's way better than this Edge 540. E-flite unloaded this model really fast. The next year you couldn't even get parts for it.
I had a 90 size funtana that I flew for a year, then sold it. I had to recover the bottom wing with red Ultracote as when you are high, the orientation was a puzzle. with the red at the bottom of the wing, I could tell whether it was upright or inverted. 3D and Pattern flying was usually perfect.

Glad you like the vid though..... :bigthumb: It's all about having fun.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around   E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:23 pm

Ty, Yep they are a real handful to land. I retired mine.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around   E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:07 am

sdjb wrote:
Ty, Yep they are a real handful to land. I retired mine.

sdjb

Hi sdjb........ which size did you have? Was it the E-flite? By retiring....do you mean put away?
If so, then bring it back out and goof around with it. It still has nice lines in the air and good to look at, but flies like crap.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around   E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:12 am

Ty, It is the mini edge. They fly real nice it is just the landings they seem to just stop flying at slow speed I have seen a bunch of them end up as junk on landing just need to keep the speed up or have
a nice head wind going .

sdjb
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around   E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:55 pm

Exactly.......you have to land them hot or they just drop. You know this bird :bigthumb: . Hope you bring yours out every now and then though. In the air it looks really nice but 3d's like crap.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around   E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E-Flite Edge 540 - Goofing around
Page 1 of 1