RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2

Go down 
+2
HBFP NL
Grasshopper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2 Empty
PostSubject: Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2   Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:52 am

Does anyone make good blade grips under $10.00 or so for the HBFP v2 that are stronger than stock?

I was on Xheli and could not find "blade grips" under replacement parts so not sure which is what. Another forum member mentioned their blade grips were bending after less than a dozen batteries through so I'd like to prevent this.
Back to top Go down
HBFP NL

HBFP NL

PostSubject: Re: Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2   Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:47 am

Good Morning

I think it was maybe me talking about my blades coming up .....

I added a head stiffener, thinking it would approve things.

Then Nuttcaze / Marc wrote down that it does not make the heli fly better it just can increases the cost when crashing. So I went back to original settings.

I look at vids of Nuttcaze & Ali they both fly the HBFP very well in stock version. That reminds me that I do not need upgrades else then my flight skills.

However I am very curious to the new blades Marc tested. Gues I first have to master a decent FFF :prop:

Maybe I am lucky with my HB. I just does please me.

Greetz,
Eric
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2   Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:24 am

If you're talking that the blade grip will deform after some time, you can do this modification

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=937035

It use a popscicle stick
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2   Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:52 pm

I probably got 6 or 7 full batteries on my original blades and head and it still seems fine. When I loaded up on parts from xheli the other week, I grabbed three additional heads for $1 each. Why screw with them? At that price, pitch it and open the next one up. I thought I saw somewhere about Nuttcaze wrapping the arms in thread then soaking with super glue to stiffen them. I don't think that's necessary since I did the o-ring mod, but maybe the same idea could be applied to the main rotor head itself?

BTW, looks like xheli is back in stock: http://www.xheli.com/honeybeev2.html The only thing that sucks is they don't have pictures of the parts, but you can ref another site for the part # / pics. You can do USPS $4.95 shipping on parts and I got them to MI in about 4 days.
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2   Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:06 pm

Heli Direct usually has a good selection of parts for most all Esky Heli's...

Heli Direct Esky
Back to top Go down
Grasshopper

Grasshopper

PostSubject: Re: Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2   Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:01 pm

I don't see the words "blade grips" on the xheli site. What are they calling them?
Back to top Go down
quycodon1987

quycodon1987

PostSubject: Re: Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2   Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Why dont you invest a good blade grip like THIS. It's only 19.90 and very durable. Never broke with small crash, except you have a very hard crash. Also, with this grip, it's easier for you to track blade. However, if you use this grip, I recommend you should buy a xtreme blade. I'm not sure whether it fits the super blade. I just ordered one for me few days ago. When it comes, I'll test and let you know if you are interested in :grinn:
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2   Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Sorry, but #1, Helidirect's seletion sucks! Only 40 parts listed for the v2 and the v1 list isn't much better. They do have pics though so you can look there, then go to xheli and bag a lower price: http://www.helidirect.com/esky-honey-bee-fixed-pitch-c-1_38_235_262.hdx

If you want a good view of most all the eSky parts, try Miracle Mart. They have even better selection than xheli: http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66_80_152&sort=20a&page=3

Grasshopper, I believe your part in question is part ek-00187 at xheli (shown as ek1-0200a at Miracle Mart). I just set up a new set of woodies on one and the package has both numbers on it, thus the confusion. I will be looking to get someone around here to punch me a copy of the stiffner part out of very thin steel or aluminum. That would rock! Like I said, at $1 each from xheli, I'm going to plan on keeping 3-4 of them on hand. Very quick and easy to swap out the blades if they are already mounted and balanced (or in my case on a hard landing if they pop off, I might just try popping on a different set). At $1 each vs $20 for the metal, how long do you think it would take you to burn through 20 of them just to break even?! I like shiny new metal parts as much as the next guy, but when you put it in those terms, it just doesn't make sense!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2   Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need inexpensive blade grips that are better than stock for HBFP v2
Page 1 of 1