Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Share | 

Videos of my early Honeybee experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wayne

PostSubject: Videos of my early Honeybee experience   Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:25 am

Burning in the motors

I read on one of the forums somewhere about burning in the motors by running them on a single AA battery for an hour before trying to fly on them. I have not found anyone to confirm or deny this, and it does not seem like it could hurt, so I'm trying it.
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Videos of my early Honeybee experience   Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:34 am

So I finally got my Super Blades EZ and got a chance to try them out last night

For the first little while, they were running very smooth. In the video I was trying to perfect my landings to keep the tail straight on with no spinning. I boffed the first one letting the tail spin, then the next couple of bounces were too hard, finally nailing it near the end of the video.

Later I had some problems develop with the tail starting to vibrate pretty bad, ending up blowing two tail fuses. Wow, when the tail totally stops, it's pretty drastic. Luckily by then I was keeping it in about 4" off the ground trying to figure out what the problem was and no damage was done. Replaced the tail motor this morning and will try again this weekend. I think it might be my own fault for running it too long with no cool down periods. I just got carried away with the super blades!

What a great space to fly in, eh? Soon it will be freezing outside with a couple feet of snow and I'll be all warm and comfy in that big open space still flying! Not on video, I was walking the heli around the blue volleyball boundry markers. It is kind of difficult keeping the heli moving forward with the EZ blades. She seems to want to come back into a hover unless you really keep a lot of forward cyclic fed in.
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: Videos of my early Honeybee experience   Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:02 pm

that's looking good! I wish I had a gym to fly in. I just got my honey bee v2 as well and jsut as I'm gonna go out, it rains.... I can't wait to fly it out doors. Although I'll proably skip out on the training gear for a bee. Maybe for my 450, I'll put on the training gears.
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Videos of my early Honeybee experience   Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:48 pm

Yeah, I think the training gear drags it down a little. I could probably ditch it and be ok, but I think I'm going to leave it on for learning tail right and left hover, then especially for nose in hover training! I did a bit of flying outside tonight because it was a very warm 55 degrees and calm winds. I am not so pleased with my Super Blades EZ, but I'll expound on that in the sticky.
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: Videos of my early Honeybee experience   Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:28 am

I put on some bigger skids from my 450 helicopters on my HBv2. They fit the holes perfectly. A good compromise for not having training gears I think.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Videos of my early Honeybee experience   

Back to top Go down

Videos of my early Honeybee experience
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1