RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

My ESC caught on fire today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
4n6Days

4n6Days

My ESC caught on fire today Empty
PostSubject: My ESC caught on fire today   My ESC caught on fire today I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:39 am

The infamous E-Sky 25A esc catching on fire. No damage other than the esc, luckily.

I have a new Exceed Volcano 40A that I was going to put in during my 'winter rebuild.' I guess maybe it will be sooner. orange78
Back to top Go down
Willy Green

Willy Green

PostSubject: Re: My ESC caught on fire today   My ESC caught on fire today I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:29 pm

Burn Baby burn! :giggle:
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: My ESC caught on fire today   My ESC caught on fire today I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 pm

That sux, I'm sure mine will go sooner or latter....

Maybe we should tell E-Sky we are going to ask the FTC to make them do a recall on most of their products so they will provide us with stuff that works and doesn't constantly break... hahahaha
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: My ESC caught on fire today   My ESC caught on fire today I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:18 pm

I read somewhere (on Helifreak, I think) that someone contacted them about an esc that had burned up and they said something to the effect that they are only designed to last 40-80 flights.....

Mine burned up on approx flight 45....
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: My ESC caught on fire today   My ESC caught on fire today I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm maybe looking to replace mine with a Phoenix 25 but for $80 I'm not sure... I emailed them on how long that thing will last...
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: My ESC caught on fire today   My ESC caught on fire today I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:15 am

230th flight this morning on the origional stock ESC. Knock on wood. I have an external BEC I plan to install, but I just haven't done it yet.

Donnie D My ESC caught on fire today 738623

Rev 22:21
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: My ESC caught on fire today   My ESC caught on fire today I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:25 pm

My ESC just burned up a few minutes ago... I just got the Belt-CP repaired, took it out for a few quick hovers and Puff!!!!!!!!! there went the ESC.... Lousy Chinese JUNK!

4n6Days wrote:
I read somewhere (on Helifreak, I think) that someone contacted them (ESKY) about an esc that had burned up and they said something to the effect that they are only designed to last 40-80 flights.....

Mine burned up on approx flight 45....

I contacted one of the Techs over at *Castle Creations* and told him what esky said that about the ESC's and he said that's the most Ridiculous! thing he has heard of...

Castle Creations products are guaranteed and if they fail send them if to get it fixed or replaced... :bigthumb:

First thing I did with my Belt-CP was to cut the Wire Tie and rotate the ESC to the left and then mount it under the gears towards the receiver and then tied it back down...

This way it's out in the open and can get some air and not stuck inside of the canopy...

I truly believe ESKY does a lot of this crap on purpose just to make sure things fail so they can keep selling parts...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My ESC caught on fire today   My ESC caught on fire today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My ESC caught on fire today
Page 1 of 1