RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

How old ...

Go down 
+2
suriano
iggy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
iggy

How old ... Empty
PostSubject: How old ...   How old ... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:39 pm

did you guys start learning to fly RC Helicopters?
I know Esky say not to let under 14's fly their helicopter but I'm sure some people start younger than this. Especially with the simulation software to help get to grips with some of the basics.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

How old ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old ...   How old ... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:18 pm

I was 34.....
Back to top Go down
iggy

How old ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old ...   How old ... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:37 am

so it is something to get involved in when you are older rather than under 10? Just wondering what would be a good age to introduce my son to something like the Esky Honeybee v2.2. Or should I start him with a smaller indoor only?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

How old ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old ...   How old ... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:54 am

I think that you should get your son into the hobby now, let him play around with a simulator for a while and then get him a co-axial. If he likes it and sticks with it he may end up like Justin Jee, he started when he was a little under 2 years old, I think he did a year of sim before ever actually getting to try a heli or plane, now he's a 3D pro.

But depending on the age of your son, the HBFP V2 might be a good choice but he REALLY needs to understand that learning to fly is very hard and can take a little while to learn but afterwards its such a fun hobby, lots of great people.

Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

How old ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old ...   How old ... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:26 pm

I was 14 :prop: I also think, you should get coaxial helicopter for 10 years old :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Kelpy

Kelpy

How old ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old ...   How old ... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:22 pm

iggy, I think as P3tras says, a coaxial would be a good start, although they will only teach your son the basics of heli control, or stick orientation.
I have to agree with Nuttcaze, that the HBFP is a brilliant starter "proper" heli, but if you decide on that one, your son must be supervised at all times.
Me? I started with a coax, and then the HBFP.
Starting age? 62 Crazysmile

Last edited by Kelpy on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
iggy

How old ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old ...   How old ... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks all.
After your comments I think I will start him with a coaxial.
Probably a more realistic challenge for him.
Back to top Go down
HBFP NL

HBFP NL

How old ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old ...   How old ... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:21 pm

41 and I hope to get FFF at my 41st too :giggle:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How old ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old ...   How old ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How old ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: