A place for all things Radio Controlled
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Share | 

battery charger question ????

Go down 

PostSubject: battery charger question ????   Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:03 am

I am currently using an 11.1v/ 1000mah li-po. I believe it is a 3S -10c battery. My question is can a 11.1v 12000 to 2100 mah 3S - 15c or 20c battery be charged with the E-Sky 2&3 cell charger? (EK2-0851)??? Also what is the difference between 10c, 15c, 20c, etc. I use the 11.1v/1000mah on my HB f/p and on my HBK2. I would like to use a little larger battery, one that will work on both heli's, but I'm not sure what will work. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. orange78
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Using larger batteries in small helicopters.   Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:16 am

welcome sign You can use any battery with same voltage and higher amperage but size and weight will limit usage Ex.: 11.1*1300 ma I think is the limit for HBFP and HBCP mainly because of weight and size (maybe you can go up to 1500 MA but I think that it would add too much weight). :prop: :bigthumb:
Of course you can use the Esky charger for any Lipo/metal battery but check the positive and negative to be equal on both sides (charger positive to receiver positive and charger negative to receiever negative or a short circuit will happen).
The 10 c 15 c and 20 c are the discharge rates which translates to more time charging the battery and more time discharging= more time flying and more money for the battery.

Last edited by rafles1 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: battery charger question ????   Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:22 pm

Yes, any, larger than 700mah 2s or 3s, lipo battery can be charged with esky charger orange6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: battery charger question ????   

Back to top Go down
battery charger question ????
Page 1 of 1