RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Servos for ES600

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:33 pm

Will Tower Pro sg90 or Hitec HS55 servos work for the ES600 I'm building. 😕 If not would someone recommend what servos to use and where to get them. Would like to order them tomorrow if I can find out what to use.

Thanks for any help on this

Donnie D dunce
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Servos   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:04 am

Well don, On my CF Pro that I'm keeping, 1st build I used the spectrum DS281 that came with the TX. Haven't flon it yet but they seem very good. On the all metal I'm building now for resale I'm using Hitec HS-422Deluxe 12 bucks I think they were.
I think Nuttcaze usees them on his. I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna use on the tail of the metal but I think the Hitec will be ok for that too. But I only got 3 so I will likely pick a tail spec. up for that. My CF has a DS281 on the tail also(both gettin Telbees)
I must admit I'm just stumbling thru this servo thing myself. But it seems to me if your not flying hard stuff that servos like the 281 and 422 are gonna be fine. Maybe once we can fly worth a poop then upgrade will be ness. and easy enough.
Back to top Go down
HBFP Pilot

HBFP Pilot

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:28 am

the HS55's won't work because they are only 9g servos but the HS422's will and they're only $12.49 - http://www.helidirect.com/hitec-hs422-servo-deluxe-universal-p-2306.hdx

Servos for ES600 HRCM1028
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll use the HS422'S for the ES600 and I'm gonna get Tower Pro sg90's to put on my Belt CP. I've had 3 of the stock one's to fail and I don't do any kind of 3D or aerobatic stuff at all.

Could some one tell me how you know which servo's to buy. What are you looking for when you buy. Is it the actual size ot the servo case (length, width, depth) or is it something else. 😕 The manuel for the ES600 doesn't say except for standard size servo's. I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. If the instructions for these helis in the manuels were any more useless, I'd be looking at a blank sheet of paper. rolleyes whatt If it wasn't for Nutcaze and his build videos, I'd never get this 600 done.

Someone with some knowledge please explain the difference in servo's and how to select them. In fact, a post like that would probably be very helpfull to a lot of folks. Might make a great stickey. thinking think004

Just a thought 2cents

Thanks

Donnie D

Esky Dauphin
Esky HBFP
Esky Belt CP
ES600 (slowly being built)
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Servos   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:12 pm

Look into the Hitec HS-65 for the belt. I put them on my HBK2 and they made a huge diff.
I'm using some tower pro 9 whatever right now on this Screamer 480 I got and I just don't really like how they look, I'm only using them cause it came with them. I wish it had come with Hitec's.
You can get the Hitecs at t-rex-parts.com for 19
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:57 pm

I'm pretty sure they are generally measured by their weight, the ES600 needed servos over 36g, the HS-422's are 45g, they work great for basic flight and light 3D, I really like them personally, the price to performance is great smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:23 pm

That's the part I don't understand. If I had not looked at your build video's, and asked for advice on the forum, I would have no way of knowing which servos or what size servos to buy for my ES. 😕 How do you know that an ES requires a 35g servo. Question I looked thru the manuel, and I didn't see anything at all on that at all except it said " 4 standard servos", whatever that means. thinking Also what does 35g refer to? Is it the weight of the servo or deoes that refer to it's strength or maybe something else? I did notice that the ones you recommend are larger than the ones that fit the Belt CP, and the hole in the ES frame where the servos mount is larger than the one in the Belt. Sorry to sound so dumb, but I sure would like to understand as much about this stuff as I can. dunce whatt

Thanks
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:05 pm

BPHobbies used to have the specs for what the ES600 needed but I don't think they do anymore, that was also how I found out what where standard size servos, you could select to search by sizes.

Yeah the 36g, 46g probably does refers to their strength. slaphead

As far as the 9g servos, I had to do minor trimming to get aftermarket servos to fit on my old belt CP, kinda a pain but well worth the effort to have better servos.

Don't worry about sounding dumb, everybody is a noob in the beginning. I remember how overwhelmed I was when I first started flying. Kinda amazed I stuck with it but it was just too much damn fun lolol
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Yea me too!!   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Ok, here's my 2 cents. The way I understand it is sorta like this. The oz or gram number, 9,36,46 or whatever. is the weight that it can lift until it stalls. In other words anymore than 36oz/gm. stops the servo. Size... Standard, mini, micro, minimirco refers to the physical outer size, width, leigth, depth.. How you know for sure which one it takes, if it does not give dementional requirementsI don't know. I've been asking too.. You can always check the size cut out in the frame!
Like this Screamer I'm building now, It has two cut outs of diff. size for each servo.
Speed is an important spec. too, especially on the tail.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Thanks for the info. Does the manuel for that heli tell you which size servos to use? I had posted a question earlier wondering if th Tower Pro sg90 would work on the ES600. After I made the post I measured the servo cut out in the
ES frame and knew it wouldn't work. Maybe some else will chime in with more info about this. I just like to know what I'm doing when I get into something like this instead of guessing. If we can get enough info together it will make a good sticky. 2cents

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Yes   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:18 pm

Yes the manual states that "The Screamer is specially designed that both the normal 9g servo and the Hitec HS-82MG are usable with it. There are smaller positions for normal servos and larger positions for the Hitec HS-82MG. on the main frame."
That is exactly what it says. It does even really single out the Hitec's, The kit came with
Tower Pro SG90 which I'm gonna use. I might just order the Hitec's sometime soon to see what the diff might be. Like I would be able to tell, Right?

The manual this came with is by far the best most complete that I've ever seen! I'm almost done building and continue to be more impressed as I go...
I really, really can't wait to crash this thing!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:43 pm

smiley-happy088 I went ahead this afternoon and ordered 4 Tower Pro sg90's for my Belt CP and 4 HS 422's for my ES build. I hope I will like the sg90's better than the stock servo's that came with it. That Belt CP flys so well when everything is right. Kind of a chore keeping it that way though. But I'm having a ball. excited laughing013 Just hate to wait for parts. :mailboxempty: I'm savingn up now so I can buy my radio. Guess I'll go for the DX7. Sure hope it's worth the extra 150 bucks it costs over the dx6i and that I'll be able to figure out how to use it. smiley-happy088

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: DX7   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:12 am

Yes I was very(and still am) intimidated regarding the DX7, But Its gettin easyer as I go thru it. And WOW the diff. it has made when flying my HBK2 not even a belt.
So I say go for it!!! You/we always got nuttsy..
Back to top Go down
jerrydgaines

jerrydgaines

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:25 pm

If you are building the metals edition, on page 36 of the manual it lists the EK2-501 servo, 4 pieces. I have built one and am using Hi-Tech 325H-B. The gram rating is for the weight of the servo, nothing else. Standard is the case size. Anolog servos run at six volts, Digitals at five. Watch out for what your bec is putting out! I am using a headlock gyro for a belt cp, a 2.4 ghz reciever and transmitter on this bird, all from the Belt CP I built my es 600 for $680. Go to servocity.com, it is a robot building site. I had all four of mine SHIPPED for $58.00.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:43 pm

I'm having to go kind of slow on my ES600 build. It is the metal edition and I just got my servos (Hitec HS422) yesterday. My next purchace will hopefully be in the next week or so, and will probably be the transmitter. Most likely I going to go with the Dx6i, I just don't think I will need the extra channel on the Dx7, but I can sure use the 150 bucks that I'll save by going with the Dx6i. I'll probably use the Hobbywing 80a or maybe the 100A ESC. Not sure about the gyro yet. Also havn't decided on the battery or charger yet. Since you've allready completed your build, I'll probably be calling on you for advice. How do you like your ES600 by the way? I'd like to know. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting it built. excited Trying to take my time and do it right, and I hope I'll learn a lot from the experiance.

Thanks
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:04 pm

you'll be fine with the DX6i, I've had mine for about a year and still haven't found a reason to need another channel happyno

But like Fatdaddy mentioned, a Spektrum Rx makes all the difference in the world when it comes to making the heli fly right. When I first added it to my old Belt CP, it was a day and night transformation, it went from just barely flying to flying like it had autopilot, even the standard rate gyro started acting like it was a HH gyro. smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:12 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
you'll be fine with the DX6i, I've had mine for about a year and still haven't found a reason to need another channel happyno

But like Fatdaddy mentioned, a Spektrum Rx makes all the difference in the world when it comes to making the heli fly right. When I first added it to my old Belt CP, it was a day and night transformation, it went from just barely flying to flying like it had autopilot, even the standard rate gyro started acting like it was a HH gyro. smiley-happy088

That's good news to me. I plan to put my Belt CP on the Dx6i just as soon as I finish my ES600 build. smiley-happy088

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Servos for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servos for ES600   Servos for ES600 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Servos for ES600
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: