RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Charger?

Go down 
+2
Donnie D
jeepharley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jeepharley

jeepharley

Charger? Empty
PostSubject: Charger?   Charger? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:14 pm

Can someone recommend charger/balancer for LiPo Batteries? I am new just learning. I am looking for quality and have a lot to learn. Thanks guys 11.1v 2200mah 20c not sure what 20c is.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Charger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charger?   Charger? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Go to xheli.com and take a look at the Thunder chargers. They are supposed to be pretty good. I still use the standard Esky charger. It's kind of slow, but I have 3 of them so I can charge 3 batteries at once, and at less than 10 bucks each theyre hard to beat. I'll have to upgrade soon as I'm in process of building aan ES600
and I'll have to be able to charge 6 cell batts then.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jeepharley

jeepharley

Charger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charger?   Charger? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 am

Thank You!
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

Charger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charger?   Charger? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:00 am

i have a thunder charger they work fast and can charge all diffrent types of batterys
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Charger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charger?   Charger? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:57 am

I am using original esky charger. Good for little batteries. But it will charge your batteries in about 4 and half hours wheelchair So I recommend buying mystery charger http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12618 You can charge your batteries with it in about 1 hour. The mystery chargers are very cheap and good. My friend uses them.
P.S. 20C means how much amps your battery can handle. So 2.2 ah x 20c = 44A. So your battery can handle 44amps
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Charger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charger?   Charger? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:54 pm

I would def wait to get a Thunder AC6 (out of stock right now) from xheli. Really sweet charger.

http://www.xheli.com/thac6bachwac.html

Charger? AC6-Charger-1

Also, what P3tras said about the amps thing, 44A isn't the charge rate, it'd be 2.2A for a 2200mAh battery, just didn't want you to confuse that Wink
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Charger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charger?   Charger? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
Also, what P3tras said about the amps thing, 44A isn't the charge rate, it'd be 2.2A for a 2200mAh battery, just didn't want you to confuse that Wink

And I didn't mention charge rate :tomatoes: Max charge rate for many lipos is 1C happyyes 44 amps charger would be like WOW!!! whacky034
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Charger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charger?   Charger? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:37 pm

I just wanted him to know you weren't originally talking about the charge rate slaphead

haha but could you imagine trying to charge at 44A, how long do you think it'd take the battery to blow up, instantly maybe?, lol lolol
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Charger? Empty
PostSubject: IMAX   Charger? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Hey dudes, I got the IMAX B6AC and it works great. Lots of options that I haven't figured out yet. It'll do both lipo's and the nicad's like for the rec. Got it at hobbyking. I forget how, but they 2 6's mine came with the ac plug the other doesn't. Otherwise I like it it does everything. I haven't checked the balance when the packs are done, I've heard there is been some complaints but I don't know enough about any of it yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Charger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charger?   Charger? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charger?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: